It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Jet Pack Spotted at LAX (Second in two weeks)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Fox News Reported:

For the second time in two weeks,

a person with a Jet Pack has been spotted.

This time the unknown person was seen at 6000’.

Apparently, this time it was interfering by flying in highly restricted airspace.

This could end in disaster.

How many people on this planet could pull this off ?
Source

edit on 15-10-2020 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/15/2020 by Blaine91555 because: Edited in source.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Obviously the person has a death wish. Wouldn’t the airport be the very last place you’d want to use a jet pack?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I could see a rural airport, where there is minimal traffic. LAX on the other hand...

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Second time? And potential danger? Your an bet they will have a Helicopter on standby.

Also, are we sure it’s a Human?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There are ALL kinds of fun places around lax that could be the origin of the jetpack guy.

- Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems
- Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center -
Human Resources
- Numerous SpaceX facilities including Falcon 9 first
stage facility and the Dragon Hatchery
- Northrop Grumman

I'm assuming that there are plenty of (possibly bored) engineers around the area that would have the abilities and knowledge to pull something like this off. Or Elon has totally lost it and believes he is truly Tony Stark.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Bet its some rich idiot flying out to meet his girlfriend on an incoming flight...

Trying to show her how brave and adventurous he is. One of those big 777 engines would eat him up and spit him out like a bloody diarrhea.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Horribly enough this is probably correct, as tanga36 stated, lots of high profile companies around. I can assure you not a single one of them would do this, at least at lax.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I wish we could get a pic of this thing and what it actually looks like...........because i want one

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

I doubt it’s one of those, if one of those companies employees got caught doing that, instant stock plunge and re-evaluation of contracts would be taking place.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Probably should add some electronics to the package there ironman.
Damn bro..at least rubberband your damn cellphone to your arm rocketman.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here's a fun question: "Is there any footage of these Rocketeers?"

if the claim is out there then there should be footage, if there is footage then somebody should be able to ID the jet pack style, if that could be done then we could locate the origin of these flying people. On the other hand if there is no pictures, then we could ponder as to if this is a psychological test or not.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
hopefully someone will get footage or pics next time. if he/she/it makes another appearance.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Chances are good he didn't even know the airport was there.
Screwing around in the clouds with no flight nav computer/gps gear.
Sounds fun and dumb.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

It does seem weird combined with the constant drone in airspace reports.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Do we believe they saw it...reported it.. and whipped out no phone for pics? They're pilots. With phones. Even their own. Routine.

You know gov's got a photo...or 10
edit on 15-10-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well if its someone trying to be batman im all for it.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This happened several months ago, too. June, maybe? Weird.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

From your link the bottom paragraph caught my interest...

“It’s very, very unlikely with the existing technology,” said Mayman, CEO of the Los Angeles-based company Jetpack Aviation. “I’m open to being surprised. But I don’t think there’s anyone working on technology that could do a flight from ground level to 3,000 feet and then come back down again.”

Some private aerospace billionaire comes to mind. The first time I seen this Frenchman with his flying hover board back in 2016 I knew the potential for more similar tech was on the horizon.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Here's a fun question: "Is there any footage of these Rocketeers?"

if the claim is out there then there should be footage, if there is footage then somebody should be able to ID the jet pack style, if that could be done then we could locate the origin of these flying people. On the other hand if there is no pictures, then we could ponder as to if this is a psychological test or not.

I don’t know about this one, but the one (same airport) a few months ago had air traffic control and pilot dialogue recordings that were released. A pilot reported it and ATC responded and apparently a few other pilots chimed in that they saw the “guy in a jetpack” also.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

My first thought is perhaps drone with a lightweight mannequin of sorts mocked up to look like a human flying around.
Drone folks, is the altitude and what seems like what may be an awkward payload (from a balance and aerodynamic standpoint) a possibility?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join