It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Democratic Party politicians really feel about Christians and Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Christians are ok as far as the Democratic Party is concerned as long as they are like Pelosi and Biden who believe in abortion up until birth even if the owner of the uterus and the baby are healthy. Christians are ok as long as they throw away any part of faith that doesn't totally, 100%, agree with the liberal doctrine and the moral decrees of the day.

Liberal morals change so often, I have to say moral of the day, one day something is perfectly ok to say or do and practically the next day it is racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. and immoral. So Christians are ok with the Democratic Party as long as they don't have deep conviction or deep faith or adhere to the tenets of their denomination, but rather adhere to the tenets of the Democratic Party and the liberal morality dictates of the day.

A post by New Jersey Mayor "from Flemington Mayor Betsy Driver, was shared Saturday on the Hunterdon GOP’s website" . It seems to me that this post clearly reflects exactly how the elite politicians actually feel about Christians these days and Catholics in particular since it was pointing to a Catholic judge in particular.

This is day one of the new SCOTUS terms – the religious zealots want to enact the Christian version of Sharia law,” the post reads. “If you voted for the orange monster with COVID, go f--- yourself. If you plan on voting for him again, unfriend me and go f--- yourself again.”
www.foxnews.com...

Of course it (intersex Mayor) refuses to apologize because honestly this is how it feels and having listened the past few weeks to the elite Democratic Party politicians I actually think this statement is quite in line with the Democratic Party elite who actually do the governing of many states/cities/towns and even the nation.

When Obama said that people in flyover country "cling to their Guns or religion", it was not a compliment, it was a direct attack on people who hold their Christian faith dear. www.christianitytoday.com... Would Obama have accused devout Muslims of "clinging to the Islam"? Absolutely not.

In 2019 the Democratic Party passed a resolution (#38) critical of religious liberty and praising the religiously unaffiliated. www.washingtonexaminer.com...

WHEREAS, those most loudly claiming that morals, values, and patriotism must be defined by their particular religious views have used those religious views, with misplaced claims of 'religious liberty,' to justify public policy that has threatened the civil rights and liberties of many Americans

During the 2012 Democratic convention, Democratic National Convention chairman Antonio Villaraigosa was booed by delegates after a resolution was pushed through inserting the words "God-given" into the party platform along with recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The resolution was supposed to pass on two-thirds voice vote, and Villaraigosa had to call for the vote two times after the crowd ended up being divided before another official told him to ignore the delegates and approve the resolution on the third voice vote.

If a Christian shows support for Traditional Marriage and stress the importance of a Father in a child's life, they are called homophobic. Liberals can not see how one can be for traditional marriage and an intact family with a father and not be homophobic. While, someone like me who has LGTB friends and has never condemned anyone for an LGTB union or being a single parent. I am considered homophobic because it is my belief, supported by hundreds if not thousands of scientific studies, that children in general (there are always exceptions) have a better chance of turning out well in a traditional family. That does not mean I hate LGBT or single parent families or think they are bad or evil, but liberals assume I have to feel hate for them if I am a devout Christian who supports traditional families and marriage.

If a Christian finds abortion unacceptable if it occurs after viability (when an infant can survive and thrive outside the womb) they are roundly condemned as intolerant, bigoted, and mean. Even though, if there is an emergency health issue for the owner of the uterus (since men are having babies these days), an emergency C section can be done in 5 minutes whereas an abortion at viability can take hours further endangering the life of the mother. Even though there is a huge wait list of a year or more for people to adopt an infant whom a uterus owner doesn't want or can't care for. www.americanadoptions.com... But Christians who hold these beliefs, not condemnation of the uterus owner, but beliefs, are deemed intolerant, bigoted, and basically evil by liberals and many elite Democratic politicians.

Putting aside the religious attacks Barrett has faced over the past few weeks since her nomination. Churches and synagogues have come under attack especially in Democratic Party run states/cities/towns during COVID. Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo threatened to shut down churches and synagogues and said "religious institutions have been a problem" during COVID, while at the exact same time, he openly supported BLM massive gatherings of people that lasted far,far longer than any religious service. tennesseestar.com... : www.washingtontimes.com...

Churches who attempted to hold drive-in services early on in COVID where people stayed in their cars with their windows rolled up saw the police ticketing and fining people who attended. www.wbtv.com...

Churches remain under strict lockdown rules and regulations even today. Yet the same elitist Politicians, Governors, Mayors who insist that Churches present a danger to the health of the public, are the same ones who allowed, supported and marched in massive crowds, many without masks, who were marching for a secular cause. This was the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned when it came to the Democratic Party and their obvious bias against and hatred for traditional values/morals/religious beliefs. If it was safe during the pandemic for thousands to gather in mass, many without masks, supported by the Democratic politicians who even marched in the packed secular gatherings - why were drive-in church services considered dangerous - why if churches had social distancing and masks were they more dangerous than people tightly packed in the streets that ended in rioting/looting/and terrorizing of citizens?

I actually believe that the Mayor of Flemington was expressing the deeply held convictions and beliefs of the Democratic Party elite politicians who actually make policy and govern.

www.americanthinker.com...
www.ncregister.com...

edit on 10/15/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Driver, who is part of the LGBTQ community, has pushed back on calls for her to resign,

“That they are triggered and clutching their pearls over my being upset and angry at the threats to my LGBTQ family by a Supreme Court enabled by their support of a president who is hate-filled and unhinged every day is sad,” Driver said. “It reflects their privilege that refuses to acknowledge America’s diversity and their own intolerance of anyone who disagrees with them.”

I guess her whole family is LGBTQ

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Christmas is a more modern symbolic holiday, it has nothing really to do with Christianity. It has turned into a consumer promotional holiday from a winter solstace related fantasy created to make it so Pagans would convert to Christianity more readily in the past.....and it worked.

I like Christmas, it used to be a day for the family to get together, have a dinner and exchange gifts to show togetherness, but I doubt if it will be happening this year, same with Easter. Seems like Covid was sent from Hell to divide the families and friends which makes us put our faith in those who want us to fear more.

It seems like the media was blasting Christian churches, but said nothing about Muslim gatherings. Most Christian churches her are taking a real lot of precautions to control the spread of the virus....Though shall not test the lord god...or he will not protect you. There is a lot of rational thinking in most Churches.

Christmas to me is not about gifts, it is about getting together with your loved ones because it is hard to all get together most times with the rat race and all.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Christmas is a more modern symbolic holiday, it has nothing really to do with Christianity.

Wait, what?

So putting up a fir tree, leaving cookies out for Santa and tongue kissing people under a piece of a Viscum album shrub are not Christian?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thank you for your sincere reply.

However, this thread is not about Christmas and takes the conversation in a tangent that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Christmas was not discussed even one time in the OP. The tread is basically about the deep and abiding Christophobia of the Democratic Party.

But I do generally and normally enjoy your posts, nothing against you personally, nor do I disagree with you.

edit on 10/15/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Just more and more proof that we are in the end times.
We also have to make sure the democrats don't get back
in the White House! I don't want their "moral compass"
forced on anyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Oh dear, kissing under the Viscum is a pagan practice, the druids used to do it.
Can someone answer me a very serious question, Christianity is following the dictats of Christ as recounted in the New Testament. Now the question,"please point out to me where in the Bible does Christ denounce abortions"?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The reason they don't like Christianity or Judaism is because both tout a personal relationship with God and emphasize that relationship over all others. This is so because a personal God also implies accountability and responsibility to oneself in the service of God.

Can't have an all powerful state if anything is above it.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton once said that she absolutely believed in the freedom to worship. I take her at her word. But worship and religion are two very different things. Worship doesn't necessarily involve belief in the sense of protecting your right to worship what you believe in.

The left doesn't care so much if Christians engage in the crazy (and they think silly) worship rituals of church so long as we believe what they want us too while we're at it, so right now, we're walking down a long road of compromising faith belief after faith belief to stay in left land orthodoxy or stay on the right side of God.

It's a bad time to be a Christian.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The celebration of a God/man who was his father also, and was sent to earth by his father, whom he is, to die for sins whilst walking on water to prove a point and was OK with slavery some 5000 or 7000 Years ago...

We must remember that day, day of his birth, from a Virgin of course, Christmas day is a day of gifts and binge eating and max chilaxing for white blue eyed baby Jesus... Aka heysuz!

Christianity is the one true religion!

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No,it is a good time to be a christian knowing our redemption
is near.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: rickymouse
Christmas is a more modern symbolic holiday, it has nothing really to do with Christianity.

Wait, what?

So putting up a fir tree, leaving cookies out for Santa and tongue kissing people under a piece of a Viscum album shrub are not Christian?

If the tree had thorns on it instead of needles it could be made into a wreath to put on Jesus's head, it might be a Christian tree. The tree lights could have been used to bind Jesus I suppose.

God makes cats climb trees and knock of ornaments and topple the trees every year around the worls.
Don't blame your cat for climbing the Christmas tree, it is not it's fault that you stuck something cats like to climb in the living room.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: ketsuko

No,it is a good time to be a christian knowing our redemption
is near.

Lot of weak Christians out there. It's disheartening to see so many go wrong. And to see so many churches falling -- they start out small, little changes, but pretty soon, you don't even recognize them for what they should be.
edit on 15-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward” (Psalm 127:3)

Yeah, suffer the little ones to come to me, anyone who harms one of these little ones, it would better if a millstone was tied around their neck and they be cast into the water.

Also, God knew you in the womb, you think you have the say on who lives and dies? You control life and everything it encompasses? Or are we just evil, born sinners, raging against a perfect parent who has a standard.

Abortion is 100% anti-God no matter HOW you control it in your warped human mind. Abortion ends a life, often needlessly or the selfishness of the mother.

Imagine it.

You die, you meet God, for real, and God says. "I give the spark that makes life, and knew all fetuses and embryos before they even were, do you think it's okay to destroy that"? Is it moral?

Funny thing, all you people who agree with abortion have already been born. Ironic.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The Catholic Church said two weeks ago that Joe Biden is not in good standing and should not take communion.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The Catholic Church said two weeks ago that Joe Biden is not in good standing and should not take communion.

The Church did not say that, a Cardinal that was removed by the Pope for his own malfeasance said that.

edit on 15-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He said keep the commandments. Among them is not committing murder.
reply to: crayzeed

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Thank you for this opportunity to finally look up what the 2020 Democratic Party Platform has to say about Christianity. See Supporting Faith and Service

Religious freedom is a core American value and a core value of the Democratic Party. Democrats will protect the rights of each American for the free exercise of his or her own religion. It will be the policy of the Democratic Administration to advocate for religious freedom throughout the world. Democrats celebrate America’s history of religious pluralism and tolerance, and recognize the countless acts of service of our faith communities, as well as the paramount importance of maintaining the separation between church and state enshrined in our Constitution.

During the Trump Administration, too many of our religious communities have been victimized by acts of intolerance, bigotry, and violence. We will reject the Trump Administration’s use of broad religious exemptions to allow businesses, medical providers, social service agencies, and others to discriminate. Democrats will increase funding and support for security investments and protection at houses of worship, because everyone should be able to pray without fear. We will confront white nationalist terrorism and combat hate crimes perpetrated against religious minorities.

Democrats also recognize that, to fully confront the legacy of systemic and structural racism, it is time to examine, confront and dismantle the government programs, policies and practices that have unfairly targeted American Muslims as security threats. We condemn the decades-long campaign to demonize and dehumanize the Muslim faith community, which has led to increased rates of violence and discrimination targeting American Muslims or those perceived to be Muslim. We will hold accountable those who engage in or enable violent or other illegal activity targeting religious minorities, including by directing the federal government to address the growing and violent threat of white supremacist, neo-Nazi and anti-government groups.

The word Muslim appears many more times in the Platform than does the word Christian (which only appears once).

The Democratic Party seems to value religious pluralism and liberty above the rights of a majority religion to discriminate against members of minority religions or the non-religious affiliated.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I really doubt that Biden and that drunk old hag bitch Pelosi are Christians. How could they be? I know that Christians aren’t immune from lying and cheating and stealing and being being drunks (I’m a drunk and a Christian), but it’s hard for me to believe that a real Christian could stay a Christian and run the crimes and harm on the scale that these two have for so long.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

In other words, all religions are special but some are more special than others. So in order to right the perceived oppression of there being statistically more of one than the rest, we legally favor those others and oppress the most.

You know ... like we seek to do with whites and straights and males.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join