It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets focus here what is really going on with the RIGHT and push for censorship.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Now they are pushing to undo Section 230 . Why? why isnt the right letting the consumer dictate the market and using the market to address the rampant bias from the left?

It's pretty simple in my eyes. It's the rule of law. If they are a publisher and editorializing content then they don't meet the requirements to have Section 230 protections. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: interupt42

Most of the realized dangers would so outrage people if implemented that they would have serious issues, and the temptations to break ranks would be too great because of the potential to grab market share.

They may have backroom agreements now, but there are still too many of them to implement the worst of the net neutrality fears.

Exactly that is why I mentioned it would occur very slowly and over time. We will likely start seeing the effects after the 2024 election where you ISP will offer packages like . Do you you want fast speed (wink wink) or blazing speeds for x more . Then it will be do you want package A that gives you access to twitter,fb, google for 19.99 or unrestricted package for 199 a month . it it keeps getting crappier over time until when only approved sites will be provided.

This will come to fruition between generations where each generation gets a crappier internet with more restriction and eventually full censorship.

They have even closed down the possibility of mesh networks that would bypass ISP all together as an alternative , by making legislation that states each person is responsible for the contents that gets routed through the individual devices.
edit on 361031America/ChicagoThu, 15 Oct 2020 11:36:59 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: interupt42
Now they are pushing to undo Section 230 . Why? why isnt the right letting the consumer dictate the market and using the market to address the rampant bias from the left?

It's pretty simple in my eyes. It's the rule of law. If they are a publisher and editorializing content then they don't meet the requirements to have Section 230 protections. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I dont disagree with that but we need to be cautious of the actual repeal and regulations that will be proposed.

These bastards screw us every chance they get by making it look like they are helping or giving it pretty names to the bills. wording matters.
edit on 281031America/ChicagoThu, 15 Oct 2020 11:28:39 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Government control of not just media but all privately owned corporations; it's the only way to a new world order of fascist control. It's the neocons dream and it's just a matter of time till we can experience their glorious future. MAGA

The right wing doesn't want freedom, they want control. And they should have it, the last thing America needs is a free market place and free expression. MAGA

edit on 15-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Government control of not just media but all privately owned corporations; it's the only way to a new world order of fascist control. It's the neocons dream and it's just a matter of time till we can experience their glorious future. MAGA

The right wing doesn't want freedom, they want control. And they should have it, the last thing America needs is a free market place and free expression. MAGA

See that is my problem with you and your post. You naively think its only the republicans doing this. I have yet seen you call out the numerous BS from the left including the train wreck that hillary and biden are.

Don't want to be a Dk but that mentality and simpleton view of politics is what has gotten us here and will ensure we stay here.

You are sure quick to blame the republicans and solely hyper focused on the republicans wrongdoing, but you never hold your own party accountable which is the only place you can make a difference.

you appear to be a smart guy and a cool guy to have a drink with , but your political bias is predictably naive and boring. Don't get me wrong you have plenty counter parts from the other side. However you guys are the problem , by bringing a team sport mentality into politics and letting yourself get herded to focus only on the OTHER teams mistakes.

edit on 051031America/ChicagoThu, 15 Oct 2020 12:05:40 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Pfffft

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread.

I would exercise caution on this situation.
There is pretty good evidence that Facebook was started by the ic.
It was established as a corporation the same time congressshut down Lifelog.
Lifelog was the darpa/Pentagon program that has the same features of Facebook.

Controlling information being the objective on a free internet, all you would need to do is start a few companies, give them a lame story, like every undercover agent. Dormroom/garage startup bs.
Then use those companies to cause enough problems in society to get society behind censorship of the damaging bad info.
It's like the internet version of all these fake shootings.
All legal under the "adjusted" Smith-Mundt act (not fixed by Trump)
Alphabet inc is suspicious enough.
Amazon is highly, highly suspicious as well.

With the Facebook stuff and the lack of anti trust charges, subsidized shipping/alexa/cia bs with Amazon, I think it's time to take a closer look at these silicone valley shill companies.

Why else would it be so blatantly biased.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's cute that you think the right and left are 2 governments.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Both parties are absolute garbage and filled with terrible humans beings who don't care about We The Peasants. All an illusion.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
this is parody right? as in the right? right? major spin doctoring right? by tight right?a a blight all the rights moommas face
right?reply to: interupt42

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnrkE
this is parody right? as in the right? right? major spin doctoring right? by tight right?a a blight all the rights moommas face
right?reply to: interupt42

Care to elaborate as I have no idea what you are talking about? You drinking?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I posted this in another thread.

I would exercise caution on this situation.
There is pretty good evidence that Facebook was started by the ic.
It was established as a corporation the same time congressshut down Lifelog.
Lifelog was the darpa/Pentagon program that has the same features of Facebook.

Controlling information being the objective on a free internet, all you would need to do is start a few companies, give them a lame story, like every undercover agent. Dormroom/garage startup bs.
Then use those companies to cause enough problems in society to get society behind censorship of the damaging bad info.
It's like the internet version of all these fake shootings.
All legal under the "adjusted" Smith-Mundt act (not fixed by Trump)
Alphabet inc is suspicious enough.
Amazon is highly, highly suspicious as well.

With the Facebook stuff and the lack of anti trust charges, subsidized shipping/alexa/cia bs with Amazon, I think it's time to take a closer look at these silicone valley shill companies.

Why else would it be so blatantly biased.

Also another thing that hasn't added up for me is why some of these corporations are willing to take financial hits over ideals. We are talking about billion dollar business that would kill their own mother for a dollar yet they are willing to push a narrative to the point its causing them money by pushing unpopular work crap. doesnt add up unless they are being bankrolled by some unknown entity.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
You're missing something important - those platforms have MAJOR influence over a large percent of the voters because they have been sucked into the mindset of social media is life. We are seeing a huge problem with Twitter, Facebook and Google because they are not letting the market determine their outcome, they are controlling the market. That is not healthy.

The big deal is they are becoming publishers and not providers of information. They are open to being sued as a publisher, so maybe they think their pockets are so full it doesn't matter, or they want it both ways in being protected as a provider while acting as a publisher...

I really don't know why they just don't allow everything...hell they are even censoring flat earthers...who gives a crap...lol They want full power over all narratives...that is the point in all this...The Chinese do the same...

The left knows what is right for all of us sheeples... Why do you want that 64oz Big Gulp lets outlaw them for your own good...as example.

edit on 16-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
it seems like everyone is missing the point that they censored the 4th most read 'newspaper' in the country and we are supposed to have free speech

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You can focus on Republicans if you like, but that won't work for me.

I am independent, but actually agree with the Republicans on this particular issue.

The world isn't just Republicans and Democrats....
edit on 16-10-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

However, with all this going on with the Biden , the left, and twitter blocking content it worries me that the right is pushing for things that can be used for censorship but at even greater consequences.

Its not really just the right. This is the deepstate

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You are sure quick to blame the republicans and solely hyper focused on the republicans wrongdoing, but you never hold your own party accountable which is the only place you can make a difference.

I'm a Libertarian, they haven't done enough to be held accountable for much of anything. What do you suggest?

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm a Libertarian, they haven't done enough to be held accountable for much of anything. What do you suggest?

You are about as libertarian as Biden is deserving to be POTUS. Don't buy it or you don't know what the libertarian party is.

Libertarian are for smaller gov't not bigger gov't and from your post history you aren't one for smaller nor a less regulated gov't. So I call BS on that.

however lets pretend you are libertarian . then you should be doing everything you can to bring attention to the only issues that matter such as reducing conflict of interest and exposing the corrupted Commission on Presidential Debates and exposing how the TWO party system are BOTH failure. You should be fighting for better candidates and bringing attention to the Commission on Presidential Debates for making it impossible for a 3rd party to be heard.

Instead I only see you defending the Left ,MSM, and pouncing on the RIGHT every chance you get.

edit on 251031America/ChicagoFri, 16 Oct 2020 21:25:01 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

However, with all this going on with the Biden , the left, and twitter blocking content it worries me that the right is pushing for things that can be used for censorship but at even greater consequences.

Its not really just the right. This is the deepstate

Agreed wasn't suggesting otherwise. Both party work for the same people and they are just tools to herd the masses.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

You can focus on Republicans if you like, but that won't work for me.

I am independent, but actually agree with the Republicans on this particular issue.

The world isn't just Republicans and Democrats....

Im focusing on everyone not just the republicans. The republican and democrat party are only tools to herd the masses for the special interest.

I agree the left has gone full bonkers, but there are still valid concerns about the right as well. I want to know if we are just switching from a known evil to an unknown evil down the road which certain things indicate we might be heading.

Hopefully Trump isn't be played by the neocon republican party and he pulls it off , but I see some things indicating that might not be in the cards.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join