It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret behind China flu

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Fluvoxamine — a repurposed drug — has been around since 1983 and could prevent COVID-19 patients from developing more severe symptoms. Fluvoxamine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), a class of anti-depressants, mostly prescribed for people suffering from an obsessive-compulsive disorder.Oct 6, 2020

www.prnewswire.com...#:~:text= Fluvoxamine%20%E2%80%94%20a%20repurposed%20drug%20%E2%80%94%20has,from%20an%20obsessive%2Dcompulsive%20disorder.

Sounds promising, doesn't it.

I have to wonder though. . . . what exactly IS Fluvoxamine?

Well gee golly!

What is fluvoxamine generic for?
Fluvoxamine is a drug that is used for treating several psychiatric disorders. It is a member of the class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a class that also includes fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), and paroxetine (Paxil).

www.medicinenet.com...

So our government(s) scare the population into wearing masks to see if we'll obey and now a new treatment is Prozac?

WTH.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't know about Covid relief but I have a severe anxiety disorder and I've been taking SSRIs since 1995. It takes a while to get the dose and type right but when you do it allows you to function normally. I didn't start having panic attacks until I was in my early 20s but I've had anxiety since I was eight years old. I also have mild Tourette Syndrome and my daughter has both as well. Fortunately our Tourettes tailed off dramatically as we became adults, we have few symptoms now. I say these things because SSRIs have gotten a very bad name in recent years because they are over-prescribed, especially in young people and that can have deadly results.

So I'm wondering now if because I am on blood thinners and an SSRI if I have had Covid and never knew it partly because of some of my meds?

It's an interesting thought.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

link   
Nvm
edit on 14-10-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think it's about preventing patients developing more severe symptoms. More like stopping them from developing a bad attitude to the BS they're getting fed.

This isn't a joke.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Is this better or worse than lithium in the water supply? I assure you no SSRI is the cure for any virus regardless.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'm on 150mg of Zoloft a day, have been for a year. Does that mean I'm less likely to contract covid?
Just had a test today funnily enough.

How did this green pig get into my bed? 🤪

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Is this better or worse than lithium in the water supply? I assure you no SSRI is the cure for any virus regardless.

Oh.. 😒

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Why would anyone want to treat people who are "sick"
with the "flu" anti-depressants? I am NOT getting any
vaccines,flu shots,nothing,nada,zilch.

I do take blood pressure medicine and vitamins.
edit on 14-10-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I have to wonder though. . . . what exactly IS Fluvoxamine?

Well gee golly!

So our government(s) scare the population into wearing masks to see if we'll obey and now a new treatment is Prozac?

WTH.

It's your fault, you're not supposed to be bored.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
makes sense when you think about it. People are more afraid of catching the covid then are actually at risk of catching SARS Corona type-1 or it's mutation type 2. If people are panicking then you treat them for that and call it a covid treatment.

I was expecting you DB to be posting some kind of joke, but sadly you did and that joke is the truth. People are fearing so much about the covid that they are literally making themselves sick over it, and need mental treatments because of this mass-psychological attack done on the population.

Thank DB for presenting us with this truth bomb. As a side note SSRI drugs are also linked to many-many of the mass shootings.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Not sure about just SSRI, but a SSNRI messed me up bad. Still have side effects from getting off it, and it was like 12 years ago? Definately a loooooong ass time.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Each proposed trial is rigorously reviewed by a 12-person Scientific Advisory Board, hand-picked for their world-leading expertise in coronaviruses, immunology, and drug development.

... and affiliations with drug companies to boost sales.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

This was not a double-blind study as far as I read. It was just a bunch of people who took a certain drug and their health did not deteriorate rapidly. They argue fluvoxamine has anti-inflammatory properties which minimize cytokine storm that could cause severe inflammationin the lungs, but i think we are at the point we are more concerned about a bradykinin storm. In terms of a strong anti-inflammatory i would rather stick to dexamethasone than an ssri repurposed as an anti-inflammatory.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Whatever DB, I'm going to run this past my friend at the CDC.
She will straighten this vaccine issue out once and for all.

Oh crap, delete, delete, delete

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I just find it too convenient that a "treatment" for covid is also a drug that has the potential to numb the population and make them more docile.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Cool conspiracy angle.

Too bad it's in the pit.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Not sure about just SSRI, but a SSNRI messed me up bad. Still have side effects from getting off it, and it was like 12 years ago? Definately a loooooong ass time.

Do you remember which one it was? *bites nails*

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Cool conspiracy angle.

Too bad it's in the pit.

I almost opted for The Gray Area but the 'Pit is political and the masks and treatments are going to be politically driven.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

I don't think it's about preventing patients developing more severe symptoms. More like stopping them from developing a bad attitude to the BS they're getting fed.

This isn't a joke.

They're not for bad attitudes, they have a specific neurological effect in people with severe anxiety or clinical depression. I have never had clinical depression but I do know what panic attacks do to your psyche. These aren't to alleviate panic attacks either but they help keep the serotonin levels even so panic attacks are less frequent. I haven't had one since 2005 or 2006.

So why in the world would they be testing them for Covid symptom relief? I suppose if the virus affects the brain and messes wityh serotonin levels it's a possibility but I haven't heard that in any of the previous discussions.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join