It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"COBRA" Series - UK Political/Disaster Series (Solar Storm Knocks out parts of the Power Grid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's been out in the UK for quite a while, but think it just got broadcast on US shores the past week or so.

I was expecting the run of the mill disaster TV show based on the plot-line. But that kind of gets done and dusted very soon in. It's far more a political power drama than disaster series.

I'd guess you like shows like Designated Survivor, 24, House of Cards then it's probably in your ballpark.

Not the worst couple of hours I've spent in front of the TV despite the mediocre reviews on IMDB

TV Marmite - Love it or Hate it
edit on 13-10-2020 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'll check it out, thank you for the recommendation. I really liked 24 but I only watched the pilot for "Designated survivor" and have never seen "House of Cards". Do you recommend them? The first episode of 24 was such a wild ride I had to watch the rest but the other two did not seem to be that kind of show.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This show..

Will give it a look later.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DukeMisterio

House of Cards is absolutely fantastic - Full on Political Nastiness at its best. HIGHLY recommend.

Designated survivor has its good and bad days.

The last season was the best to date. Since Netflix took it over the writing has improved a million percent. Season 2 started becoming a little too much like Madam Secretary, little too many pro-democratic wishy washy strory lines that I swear were just re-hashes of West Wing episodes (Which was another good show if a little dated now).

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow! for a quick min , I thought it was that silly remake called Cobra Kai....😂

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Oi ! Don't knock Cobra Kai

join