It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venice Beach California 12buck beers and all the homeless people that you want to see

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Having lived and worked in West LA back in the 70s and 80s it was really like paradise back then.
Santa Monica beach and Venice Beach were the places to go.
They were very few bums on the beach and I'm not saying homeless people I'm just saying bums.

But I think this guy from Germany is visiting Venice Beach and he just started posting a whole bunch of videos on YouTube and got me to start thinking about the changes that is happening there in southern California.
And why suddenly all the changes so quickly.

It's well known that when you don't have a job for an extended period of time mental disorders tend to invade your body and mind and lack of confidence and so forth which leads to many mental deficiencies.

I was watching those videos and I can just clearly see that many of the homeless people are just zoned out.

What's really strange is that Santa Monica you can't be homeless on the beach there but in Venice Beach you can.

So being a conspiracy site here. My conspiracy-minded thoughts start to penetrate my brain.

And this is what I think , Santa Monica 's councilman are paying off the Venice councilman to allow homeless in Venice.

Like they are right next door to each other.

and we're talking some Megabucks when it comes to property values.

After seeing those videos I can't even say those areas are third world countries anymore I'd put it like seven world type countries.
edit on 1000000058462020-10-13T05:46:58-05:00465810am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1000000006542020-10-13T05:54:06-05:00540610am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

Having been stationed overseas during the Vietnam war in the countries of Thailand and the Philippines and I've seen some pretty down and surviving type neighborhoods and this is what I see in those videos on the streets and sidewalks of Venice these days probably even worse.
edit on 1000000035562020-10-13T05:56:35-05:00563510am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Do you have a link to the videos?

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Let me see what l can do

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Having lived and worked in West LA back in the 70s and 80s it was really like paradise back then.
Santa Monica beach and Venice Beach were the places to go.
They were very few bums on the beach and I'm not saying homeless people I'm just saying bums.

But I think this guy from Germany is visiting Venice Beach and he just started posting a whole bunch of videos on YouTube and got me to start thinking about the changes that is happening there in southern California.
And why suddenly all the changes so quickly.

It's well known that when you don't have a job for an extended period of time mental disorders tend to invade your body and mind and lack of confidence and so forth which leads to many mental deficiencies.

I was watching those videos and I can just clearly see that many of the homeless people are just zoned out.

What's really strange is that Santa Monica you can't be homeless on the beach there but in Venice Beach you can.

So being a conspiracy site here. My conspiracy-minded thoughts start to penetrate my brain.

And this is what I think , Santa Monica 's councilman are paying off the Venice councilman to allow homeless in Venice.

Like they are right next door to each other.

and we're talking some Megabucks when it comes to property values.

After seeing those videos I can't even say those areas are third world countries anymore I'd put it like seven world type countries.

Having been stationed overseas during the Vietnam war in the countries of Thailand and the Philippines and I've seen some pretty down and surviving type neighborhoods and this is what I see in those videos on the streets and sidewalks of Venice these days probably even worse.

youtu.be...
edit on 1000000038442020-10-13T06:44:38-05:00443810am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That's California, and you can't blame the COVID shut downs because it was largely like that before they added their heaping helping of misery.

That's model of economic governance the Democrats think is best for the rest of the country. However, I suppose if everyone is governed that way, no one will be able to look anywhere else and realize how crappy they have it. There will be nowhere to escape anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Basically just view the entire state of California as homeless. They are 150 BILLION in debt. Can't provide enough electricity, food, or water to keep themselves going. It's own citizens are fleeing the state every year.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I lived on the beach homeless in Santa Monica, Malibu, and in Venice. Probably some of the best times of my life.

Don’t be so quick to judge the people you see out there. Not everyone is trapped by this idea that you have to have all of this crap that society tries to force on you. Spend a few nights outdoors without a roof over your head, the first night you’ll probably be sad and despondent. Then you realize pretty quickly that you don’t need any of that crap that everyone says you do to be happy. At this point, I can sit under a tree in the woods without a possession in the world and be completely content.

I’d recommend becoming a bum by choice to everyone. All my literary heroes from the Beat Generation forward did it and it gives you a different perspective on life. I’ve seen more compassion and humanism from what you all label the dregs of society than I have in 100 churches.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Basically just view the entire state of California as homeless. They are 150 BILLION in debt. Can't provide enough electricity, food, or water to keep themselves going. It's own citizens are fleeing the state every year.

California has the 5th largest economy IN THE WORLD.

The economy of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.2 trillion gross state product as of 2019.[9] If California were a sovereign nation (2019), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.[10][11] Additionally, California's Silicon Valley is home to some of the world's most valuable technology companies, including Apple, Alphabet Inc., and Facebook.[12] In total, over 10% of Fortune 1000 companies were based in California in 2018, the most of any state.[13]

Link

But tell me again how it’s a failed state with a $3.2 trillion gross. The only reason red states are able to continue as the failures they are is because of being subsidized by states like California.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I went there one summer in the early 80s and no bums or homeless around that I saw. It was seedy though, and that year was dry, the canals were mud trenches. I thought it sucked back then.

I didn't feel too unsafe like in some Detroit waste land, but it wasn't how Hollywood portrayed it, now even close. Both California and Florida were disappointing when I visited there. I bet Vegas is a crap hole too, can't say though, never been there.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It's a crying shame what's happened to Venice... and pretty much all of California. Is it any wonder that even Johnny Rotten is voting Trump???

Sex Pistols' Johnny Rotten says he'd be 'daft as a brush not to' support Donald Trump in the 2020 election because 'he's the only sensible choice' and Joe Biden is 'incapable of being the man at the helm'

'There's needles on the beach and poo all over the sand': Sex Pistol Johnny Rotten rails against homeless anarchy in LA

Here's another write up about the problem from a couple months ago:

Hollywood's Apocalypse NOW: Rich and famous are fleeing in droves as liberal politics and coronavirus turn City of Dreams into cesspit plagued by junkies and violent criminals

You may be right about Santa Monica pushing folks down into Venice. I know there's been a similar problem with Culver City pushing folks into Mar Vista, particularly under the 405 overpass on Venice Blvd. Lots of locals wondering why all the homeless are on the LA side and not the Culver city side....

It's sure not pretty.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

California is in heavy debt I live in a red state. Indiana we have a billion dollar surplus. California has a 54 billion dollar budget deficit.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When discussing homelessness, they will never, ever, talk about supply and demand, and where all that extra demand for housing is coming from (out-of-control immigration).

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not everyone has a climate as even as Cali's to be homeless in too.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I went there one summer in the early 80s and no bums or homeless around that I saw. It was seedy though, and that year was dry, the canals were mud trenches. I thought it sucked back then.

I didn't feel too unsafe like in some Detroit waste land, but it wasn't how Hollywood portrayed it, now even close. Both California and Florida were disappointing when I visited there. I bet Vegas is a crap hole too, can't say though, never been there.

Love Southern California been there a few times and I have always enjoyed it, but Venice beach was underwhelming, smelly decrepid basically used and abused. Florida got some great spots and some lousy ones too. Loved Las Vegas though I'd imagine it's crappy in the old downtown but at the Bellagio and the MGM Ive always had a blast and enjoyed myself and never felt unsafe or this place is sketchy.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Venice Beach is what it is on purpose.

And it’s a tourist draw.

Weekends are packed with people.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

There have been cases of communities in the USA who "ship" their homeless elsewhere to be rid of them. Hawaii used to be a favorite destination, I don't know if that is the case anymore.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

There have been cases of communities in the USA who "ship" their homeless elsewhere to be rid of them. Hawaii used to be a favorite destination, I don't know if that is the case anymore.

Cheers

Just like there are cases of hospitals that will ship patients to other hospitals if they know they can't pay. There was a first lady whose job involved that type of thing for a time.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Both California and Florida were disappointing when I visited there.

Oahu is the same thing. Yeah, Waikiki, Diamond Head, etc. are very nice. But the ordinary living is something else, and Honolulu wasn't glamorous at all.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

There's nothing special about Vegas in general.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join