It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Hundred and Twenty Eight Years Ago Today...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Try 500 years earlier.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: burdman30ott6

at a time when the "known world" didn't even realize there were savage lands left to conquer.

Not true at all.

The Vikings were in NA well before that bastard. I think there is evidence the Chinese may have as well..but just decades before Columbus.

Same rape different pillage

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

He was a piece of @#$% sorry if that bothers you..not sorry really

Like it was all rainbows and unicorns between the natives until he came along.

Scalping,slaves,rape, and blood sacrifices.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He was a piece of @#$% sorry if that bothers you..not sorry really

Like it was all rainbows and unicorns between the natives until he came along.

Scalping,slaves,rape, and blood sacrifices.

This ^^^^

Cannibalism, slavery, violence, utter lack of scientific progress...

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I particularly like this game where the winner lost his head.

But Columbus bad or what the eff ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Can someone list the names of all non-binary, gender-neutral, explorers from @500 years ago who promoted social justice and race equality?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

at a time when the "known world" didn't even realize there were savage lands left to conquer.

Not true at all.

The Vikings were in NA well before that bastard. I think there is evidence the Chinese may have as well..but just decades before Columbus.

And then there was the Welsh Prince Madoc.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can someone list the names of all non-binary, gender-neutral, explorers from @500 years ago who promoted social justice and race equality?

Oh my GAWD you are one funny cowboy!

500 years ago? I think the name you are looking for is Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
What is the revised version?

I have seen people say he didn't discover anything because there were already people living here.

Well let's see..if you have people living on one continent and different people living on a completely different continent separated by a massive ocean and they have no idea the other exists...do you suppose one could discover the other? 🤔🙄

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
Makes no difference to me. I just said that that was about the only thing I have come across as being revised.

That is why I asked about some of the other revisions.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Not true at all.

Interesting, I had no idea, my ancestry is part Welsh.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They had no effect on the US as a Nation.

(post by ToneDeaf removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

then by all means GTFO of North or South America. I'll gladly hold the door as you leave for Europ

I agree with you completely in giving these statue destroyers and revisionist the boot up the arse

I remember back the late 60's matchbox cover labels ran a series of discoverers in West Australia and Leif Erikkson was shown to be the discoverer of North America

www.history.com...#:~:text=Leif%20Eriksson%20Day%20commemorates%20the,European%20expedition %20to%20North%20America.&text=Nearly%20500%20years%20before%20the,search%20of%20a%20new%20world.

Nearly 500 years before the birth of Christopher Columbus, a band of European sailors left their homeland behind in search of a new world. Their high-prowed Viking ship sliced through the cobalt waters of the Atlantic Ocean as winds billowed the boat’s enormous single sail. After traversing unfamiliar waters, the Norsemen aboard the wooden ship spied a new land, dropped anchor and went ashore.

Half a millennium before Columbus “discovered” America, those Viking feet may have been the first European ones to ever have touched North American soil.

I realize Columbus landed in the Bahamas

wiki

Columbus left Castile in August 1492 with three ships, and made landfall in the Americas on 12 October (ending the period of human habitation in the Americas now referred to as the pre-Columbian era). His landing place was an island in the Bahamas, known by its native inhabitants as Guanahani

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Not true at all.

No s#, the Welsh really made it as far as Alabama? And lived here, and absorbed into the tribe? Damn, that's...pretty profound, why has this been covered up for so long? This was NOT in our Gulf/Native History classes we had to sit through in school.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I guess there is some dispute over the validity of the story with some scholars saying it's a myth. Apparently the are some old stone ruins in Alabama that have a similar construction to welsh forts. I first read about it here-

The Strange Mystery of the Moon-Eyed People of the Appalachians

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hey, thanks! And same to you even if a day late.

A cool day was being on Gran Canaria and finding a museum dedicated to Columbus as his ships dropped anchor there before heading out across the vast expanse of the Atlantic.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If you stand in North or South America and aren't of indian blood, and you decide to stand here and wax poetically about how evil Columbus was, then by all means GTFO of North or South America.

*giggles*

This language of exclusion suits the topic, the #ing Spanish Inquisition and your immigrated hero from Genoa. The irony? Priceless, possibly even indigenous.

<< 1    3 >>

join