It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The plot thickens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You are right...the electoral college doesn't define a republic.... but it does ours.. if you are AMERICAN then you should thank your lucky stars we don't have direct vote.. BILLIONS would pour into each vote and their would be more shenanigans then you could trace!.. the Dems just try to pass these laws WITHOUT vote any way they can because they will NEVER be able to vote their hairbrained schemes in. Thank goodness they don't get the power they want..

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Oh the OP isn't about the United States presidential election? Well damn. If I got that wrong I am ready to concede that.

The thread is about the dynamic between Biden and Harris. About "Joel sitting on a side seat with Harris being the main speaker" not about how presidents are chosen.

Nothing to do with the electoral college or the United States presidential election, per se.

However what I said is true. The USA is not a true democracy where mob rule takes place due to strength of numbers. Our election process does have a failsafe to prevent such a thing, and it takes the form of the electoral college.

I pointed out that mob rule has coincided with your so called failsafe 40 times out of the last 45 times a president was elected, so why the negative view of it, when it seemed perfectly fine 88% of the time.

I also pointed out that the electoral college isn't an integral part of a constitutional republic. You want to put it up on a pedestal, no problem, but it isn't what defines a constitutional republic.

It is one position in a system with two other branches that can override it. It isn't a failsafe. It is just a good idea that the FF of the US implemented back when there were only 13 states and there were major differences between them.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Trump isn't going to win. Write it as many times as you want. It isn't going to happen.

Biden, and mostly Harris will win. It will be disastrous.

The country remains at war with itself. Biden may just infuriate Americans enough to cause a civil war but I doubt it.

The division of wealth will be the overriding factor to cause enough discontent to overhaul the country.

We need a reset button. And throw ALL the politicians out.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
Trump isn't going to win. Write it as many times as you want. It isn't going to happen.

Biden, and mostly Harris will win. It will be disastrous.

The country remains at war with itself. Biden may just infuriate Americans enough to cause a civil war but I doubt it.

The division of wealth will be the overriding factor to cause enough discontent to overhaul the country.

We need a reset button. And throw ALL the politicians out.
You’re all over the place. Not sure you even know what you’re talking about.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You said, what? I know you are offended. I knew you would be triggered. Calm yourself and respond with thoughts not emotions.

edit on 12-10-2020 by Floridadreamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I get insulted for pointing out logical fallacies. Willful ignorance indeed

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin
Trump was elected because he isn't an old hat politician. If you want a reset button you don't elect 47 year political career Biden.

Trump was the reset. The democrats are going all out, calling in all their favors and banding together on the anti-Trump train, triggering their followers by social media manipulation, using any means necessary. Conservatives aren't near this point, and Biden won't get them there.

Biden winning won't cause a civil war. If he wins and civil war still breaks out, it will be from a different catalyst (cancel culture, 2nd amendment recall maybe?) than just Biden becoming president. The problems the liberals are protesting aren't connected to the President, it's their local leaders. They're the ones responsible for their own law enforcement. Nobody is protesting FBI or ATF brutality.

Trump has 90% of winning, and at least 50% chance by a landslide. There won't be more votes for Biden than there was for Clinton. Biden is far more racist than Trump and minorities are noticing. More people are walking away from the democrats than republicans.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
This is absolutely true. The electoral college "smooths out the edges" a bit, but being a Republic means we don't directly vote for everything. If we did, direct Democracy would mean majority rule - on every decision and law. It would be a bigger clusterfek than what we have now.

The electoral college only operates on one thing, presidential elections. It doesn't affect anything else.

Who said anything about popular votes on every decision and law?

If the popular vote was used to elect the president, the US would still be a constitutional republic.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: daboxfan
You are right...the electoral college doesn't define a republic.... but it does ours.. if you are AMERICAN then you should thank your lucky stars we don't have direct vote..

It doesn't, it is just an annex to it and why the leap from popular vote to elect a president to direct democracy?

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Regardless who wins the global 'Reset' has already been rolled out at 2020 'warp speed' and rest assured once the sheeple masses recognize it you will not like it. Trump and Biden have alot more in common on the grander scale of world control than most think IMO; it's just that Trump is the better marketing magician. That said I still prefer Trump mafia over the 47 years of Biden buffoon, Inc mob.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I get insulted for pointing out logical fallacies. Willful ignorance indeed

What logical fallacy have you pointed out?

Why is Biden the better choice?

Maybe I shouldn't have lumped everyone under one description.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join