It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The plot thickens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
First I haven't been desensitized by all the negativity that is going on with the main news media around the world.
So my thinking is kind of like at a level of a conspiracist-minded type of person.

Here is where the plot thickens.

Vice president Joe Biden rally recent valley that is has taken aside seat to that lady Harris.
We are going to see more of Joel sitting on a side seat with Harris being the main speaker.

There's two parts to Joe Biden's presidential run and running mate.

One . The voters want a female to become the president sitting in the Oval office of the White House.

Two. We have Trump haters voting for Biden to become the president of the United States.

This is what I mean by the plot is thickening.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think you're absolutely right. All of the above.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I think you're absolutely right. All of the above.

I sure am happy someone agrees with my post.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Only the willfully ignorant NPCs are voting for Biden at this point.

The USA is NOT a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. This is for good reason.

That means the ignorant NPCs can't achieve mob rule. Popular vote means nothing.

I have faith in Americans to recognize bullcorn when they see it.

I have faith in our constitutional republic that has a failsafe against moronic mob rule, aka the electoral college.

Make America Great Again--Keep America Great

edit on 12-10-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Harris is a communist idiot and Biden is an old fool.

The puppet masters would off both of them and swear in President Pelosi.

Not gonna happen though, Trumps will win in one of the biggest landslide elections in history.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
The electoral college has only ever differed with the popular vote 5 times in the entire history of the US and most of the times the margin was pretty low.

Being a constitutional republic had/has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of constitutional republics without an electoral college.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It has everything to do with this election and the previous election.

It means California, New York, and Illinois don't decide the presidency.

Thank God. Really, thank God.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
It has everything to do with this election and the previous election.

But it has nothing to do with being a constitutional republic. The US would still be a constitutional republic without it.

All it does/has done is influence one position in the US government and it has only done so 5 times in 232 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Oh. Well.

Maybe you should tell that to all the whining leftists who cry that their democracy is being undermined then I dunno.

Popular vote means nothing. This is established in the United States constitution.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
That is neither here nor there. What I am pointing out is that the electoral college is not an integral part of a constitutional republic. You can have a constitutional republic without an electoral college.

You feel it is a good thing to have. Nothing wrong with that but let me ask you this, if Trump wins this election and also gets the popular vote, wouldn't that be mob rule?

I'm willing to bet you wouldn't think it is a bad thing, so where does the idea that the people choosing for themselves, instead of a small group of people choosing for them, is bad come from?
edit on 12-10-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

A black lady president would suit the narative at this moment.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
She is as black as I am. Id have a touch of respect if they called themselves bi-racial.
To me it means you either hate your white side, or use your color to get free stuff.

a reply to: anonentity

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

In reality, democrats wouldn't vote for a black female so they elected a rich old white man who was stupid enough (and old enough) to give the ultimate handout. Kamala got no more than 2% of the votes in the primary, voters didn't want her and it shows.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
What I am pointing out is that the electoral college is not an integral part of a constitutional republic.

Ok. Good job. I guess?

You sure showed me how to split hairs on a non-issue tangent.

Feel smart now?

Everything I said is still true.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You did a good job yourself since the thread wasn't about the electoral college/democracy/constitutional republics anyway.

There was one thing that you said that was not true, "our constitutional republic that has a failsafe against moronic mob rule", which was why I asked what I asked and you sidestepped.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

You did a good job yourself since the thread wasn't about the electoral college/democracy/constitutional republics anyway.

There was one thing that you said that was not true, "our constitutional republic that has a failsafe against moronic mob rule", which was why I asked what I asked and you sidestepped.

Oh the OP isn't about the United States presidential election? Well damn. If I got that wrong I am ready to concede that.

However what I said is true. The USA is not a true democracy where mob rule takes place due to strength of numbers. Our election process does have a failsafe to prevent such a thing, and it takes the form of the electoral college.

If Trump or Biden wins the electoral college, it's irrelevant who won the popular vote because that doesn't determine the winner of the election.

What is it exactly you're trying to be contrarian to? Because these are facts that I'm laying down here.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Oh the OP isn't about the United States presidential election? Well damn. If I got that wrong I am ready to concede that.

The thread is about the dynamic between Biden and Harris. About "Joel sitting on a side seat with Harris being the main speaker" not about how presidents are chosen.

Nothing to do with the electoral college or the United States presidential election, per se.

However what I said is true. The USA is not a true democracy where mob rule takes place due to strength of numbers. Our election process does have a failsafe to prevent such a thing, and it takes the form of the electoral college.

I pointed out that mob rule has coincided with your so called failsafe 40 times out of the last 45 times a president was elected, so why the negative view of it, when it seemed perfectly fine 88% of the time.

I also pointed out that the electoral college isn't an integral part of a constitutional republic. You want to put it up on a pedestal, no problem, but it isn't what defines a constitutional republic.

It is one position in a system with two other branches that can override it. It isn't a failsafe. It is just a good idea that the FF of the US implemented back when there were only 13 states and there were major differences between them.

edit on 12-10-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Why couldn't Biden pick a good calm and reasonable woman to run as VP. He chose the most chaotic far left candidate he could find. Harris is opinionated, worse than Trump even, and her beliefs are what she follows, not rational well considered and proven policies. They will drive the economy down the tubes if Biden is elected, too much change too fast is never good. We need to fix things on a steady and moderate basis, not just print money and throw it at problems.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The electoral college has only ever differed with the popular vote 5 times in the entire history of the US and most of the times the margin was pretty low.

Being a constitutional republic had/has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of constitutional republics without an electoral college.

This is absolutely true. The electoral college "smooths out the edges" a bit, but being a Republic means we don't directly vote for everything. If we did, direct Democracy would mean majority rule - on every decision and law. It would be a bigger clusterfek than what we have now.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What this person said!'

Only the willfully ignorant NPCs are voting for Biden at this point.

The USA is NOT a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. This is for good reason.

That means the ignorant NPCs can't achieve mob rule. Popular vote means nothing.

I have faith in Americans to recognize bullcorn when they see it.

I have faith in our constitutional republic that has a failsafe against moronic mob rule, aka the electoral college.

Make America Great Again--Keep America Great

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join