It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Civilisations - some great podcasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I would put the ones i've watched right up there, on quality of presentation.

www.youtube.com...

I would describe them as proper documentaries (the one on Sumer/Akkad is about 2.5 hours

They have done 11 so far:

roman Britain, bronze age collapse)the Med), mayan, greenland vikings, khmer, easter island, songhai (africa), sumer, aztecs, han dynasty, byzantium.

So should be at least one that grabs your fancy.

edit to add: The same guy/people have done others not on that list which is what I found first. Alexander the Great and the Great Ghengis Khan.

As an extra The Hu are a great Mongolian sort of metal band - well worth a listen

edit on 12-10-2020 by johnb because: see post

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Yeah these guys are great narrators, again you have to be a ancient civilization history enthusiasts, not much in the way of changing visual land scape, but that narration tho!!..
Kings and Generals have great stuff also, recreating battle scenes is tops,
Home Team History, focus on neglected aspect of African ancient History is a great goto.

edit on 12-10-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Love these. I listen to them while I work.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks for this, should be very interesting. Actually, just finished an hour long one from Creepy Little Books, Lemuria and Atlantis.

I know, I know, fringe and pseudo, point is, the topics concerning civilizations is of extreme interest. What happened, how it happened, does it have the potential to happen to us and will the results be the same? So yeah, some thought provoking stuff.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've been looking for a podcast to fill in while I wait for the Hardcore History podcast.

Looks like this will be it.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
These are Awesome will listen to all these at work Thanks so much

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
just stumbled across this at work today,listened to the bronze age collapse, first theory I heard that made sense for the sea people.

Cant wait to listen to the rest.

top topics

join