It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consider the Cross. (Or, 'across')

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Consider the Cross.

Imagine living in a 2-dimensional plane horizontally.
Imagine 'others' live in a 2-D plane vertically.

If these two 'worlds' go on for infinity on a flat surface, they will cross once.

However, if these worlds exist on a 3-D world, One could bend each 'linear reality' on itself to form a sphere (composed of a vertical axis and a horizontal axis)

On this 3D sphere, made up of 2 2-D realities, there are two cross sections where each 2-D linear reality meet.

One could surmise, the residents of the horizontal linear reality would be surprised and confused upon meeting 'other-worlders' for a brief moment, only to see them vanish shortly after.
Surely, the inhabitants would write stories of such an event!

Now, upon the 2nd crossing, there be those who see the Sphere for what it is. And these seers would likely be mocked and persecuted for challenging the inhabitants established reality.

If you wish, take the time to look into mathematical 4-dimensional shapes.

Consider the world where 'Spirit' resides.
Consider wise men's words to seek answers within oneself.

Consider the phrase "as above, so below".

Look outwards to the star, and look inwards at molecules and sub atomic particles.

Do you see?

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
man I will be honest I don't understand the dimensions and all it entails but I know enough to know I don't know but with that said I think you have still made some sense.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

I don't know. I can't make "as above so below" work within the standard model.

There is a major fundamental problem with our universe that has the wondrous symmetry you speak of. It only has symmetry because it's asymmetrical.

Baryon Asymmetry, also called matter/antimatter asymmetry. The Universe shouldn't even exist!

Answers abound though.

There may be an opposite land mirror universe composed of the exact opposite composition. With Anti-particles winning out.

Perhaps in the inflationary epoch was so energetic that an abundance of these exotic god-like particles decayed and annihilated much of the anti-matter is the process.

Now (because of this) all the observable symmetry is caused by gravitation, which is also bizarre screwed up and doesn't make any sense, unless you add a bunch of extra curled up higher dimensions.

So two (or one major) thing(s) are wrong with the universe, and much more.

But for this comment there's too much matter and gravity is too weak to be entirely contained within a 4/d spacetime.
edit on 12-10-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Or maybe we don't really know anything and are making it up as we go along.

From Horus and Seth to string theory, our quest for knowledge is just a discovery away, and what we choose to believe, changes with new discoveries. Though what we don't know is the one factor that keeps us ignorant.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86
I believe the cross goes back to the solar cross and represented the solstices and the equinox’s and additionally the four cardinal directions. The solar cross was co-opted by the Christian faith as well as many other pagan things and holidays.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So math is your religion?

Apples and oranges dude...

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
Consider the Cross.

Imagine living in a 2-dimensional plane horizontally.
Imagine 'others' live in a 2-D plane vertically.

If these two 'worlds' go on for infinity on a flat surface, they will cross once.

However, if these worlds exist on a 3-D world, One could bend each 'linear reality' on itself to form a sphere (composed of a vertical axis and a horizontal axis)

On this 3D sphere, made up of 2 2-D realities, there are two cross sections where each 2-D linear reality meet.

One could surmise, the residents of the horizontal linear reality would be surprised and confused upon meeting 'other-worlders' for a brief moment, only to see them vanish shortly after.
Surely, the inhabitants would write stories of such an event!

Now, upon the 2nd crossing, there be those who see the Sphere for what it is. And these seers would likely be mocked and persecuted for challenging the inhabitants established reality.

If you wish, take the time to look into mathematical 4-dimensional shapes.

Consider the world where 'Spirit' resides.
Consider wise men's words to seek answers within oneself.

Consider the phrase "as above, so below".

Look outwards to the star, and look inwards at molecules and sub atomic particles.

Do you see?

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Metaphorically, I look at the cross as a giant doubleb edge sword or slab that has to have blade sheathed into the earth or the sky will trip on it.
edit on 12-10-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I don't have a religion. You may call it "Oneness" if you must.

My belief is that we are here to learn, and teach, and love, and experience; all together as One, yet as individual selves.

Math is just a tool to express ourselves and help understand and explain things.

Math is a language, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
Metaphorically, I look at the cross as a giant doubleb edge sword or slab that has to have blade sheathed into the earth or the sky will trip on it.

I like that. Thank you for the image. ^_^

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

Plato's Allegory of the Cave comes to mind, and the way life expresses itself through layers. The map isn't the territory.

new topics

top topics

join