It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump intentionally committing political suicide?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I’m no liberal, but I’m also not super impressed with POTUS of late. The dude has gone entirely unhinged and, in my amateur political commentator opinion, is committing political suicide.

- weird drive by appearance while at WR.
- Wanting to rip his button down off to show a Superman tee shirt.
- Claims he’s “immune” to COVID now.
- No stimulus! But now says he might want a bigger one than the Dems.
- Trying to hold rallies that his own admin have labeled “super spreader” events.
- Won’t do a virtual debate.
- All caps Twitter rants that are nonsensical.

It’s a pretty bleak picture - and it appears to be spiraling downhill quickly. So much so that Don Jr. is allegedly trying to have an intervention with him about his conduct.

Maybe it was The Vid and meds talking, but I’m now of the mind Trump is truly losing it. Literally nothing seems coherent from him at this point - and IMO he shot himself in the foot with blowing up the stimulus talks like a child and now realizes that wasn’t smart. Voters who don’t see help on the way are going to blame the current administration - why? - they couldn’t just say yes to help the people out. Bad political decision.

Worst part of all of this? Joe “Dementia isn’t that big of deal” Biden basically just has not not F it up - which is highly, highly disappointing.

So what say y’all? Trump committing political suicide? This is all part of 4D chess? This is all part of the act? He doesn’t want a second term? We’re living in an alternate universe? COVID really does create mental issues? All of the above?

I noted in a previous thread months ago that I think Biden crushes Trump in the GE. Just a pounding. Don’t want that to be the case, but I will be completely shocked if Trump pulls this off.

+62 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

I’m no liberal, but I’m also not super impressed with POTUS of late. The dude has gone entirely unhinged and, in my amateur political commentator opinion, is committing political suicide.

blah blah blah...

I noted in a previous thread months ago that I think Biden crushes Trump in the GE. Just a pounding. Don’t want that to be the case, but I will be completely shocked if Trump pulls this off.

I think if you turn off MSM and the internet and go outside and talk to actual people then you are going to have a bad moment when the reality of what is about to happen is completely different from what the media has filled your head with.

We will see soon enough.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a checklist of things Democrats don’t want Trump to do. Other than the stimulus, I don’t see a problem with any of it. The Superman T-shirt sounds funny like he’s trolling but haven’t seen that video yet.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
TDS is real and ??

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Trump will keep our taxes low.

Biden will raise all our taxes, grow the size and scope of government.

Aren't those the important issues we need to focus on?

*shrugs*

Vote for whomever you want, gauge by whatever metric you want.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Lol
All that and trump is still clearly a better choice than biden/harris.

Unless you liked what biden has accomplished in 47 years in public service?

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump will keep our taxes low.

Biden will raise all our taxes, grow the size and scope of government.

Aren't those the important issues we need to focus on?

*shrugs*

Vote for whomever you want, gauge by whatever metric you want.

Well, if I had to vote for a Joe it would be Jo and it wouldn’t be a he

I agree with you on policy. A Biden presidency would be a disaster.

My point here is Trump isn’t doing even a little politicking here and considering the optics. He already has his base locked down. He needs to be drawing more people in from the center - which I don’t think he is accomplishing right now.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
All that and trump is still clearly a better choice than biden/harris.

Unless you liked what biden has accomplished in 47 years in public service?

Err... me pointing out the Trump is off message, and I think he’s going to get beat, doesn’t mean I want any of that to happen.

Let’s decouple criticism of Trump’s campaign or recent activity from not wanting him to win. I want him to win. I don’t think he will if he keeps rolling the way he is - that’s my point.

(post by Dr UAE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Trump has always been unconventional. And he's an asshole.

But I don't vote for "nice" or if a politician is "likeable".

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The steroids that Trump took with the covid do have a temporary effect on thinking, maybe about a week, most meds are psychoactive though, most people don't comprehend that. Wine also has an effect on thinking, it will make you not question if something is true, it stimulates beliefs in things even if your beliefs are wrong....think Pelosi...Think of wine in communion...and also red grapes have that chemistry. The effects of this chemistry in wine goes back thousands of years..it is not the alcohol that does this, other plant defense chemistry is also in grapes. The alcohol is a microbial defense chemistry and also regulates populations of their own kind of microbe.

He pretty much will be immune to Sars2- coronavirus now with the cocktail mix he took. It will only protect him for maybe six months or so though from what I have read on it. They can't say it works any longer than the tests they ran on it, and then predict in extra time based on how much the cocktail has deteriorated in the blood. The doctors probably told him he will have immunity for a while. How long is yet to be determines.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

blah blah blah...

I think if you turn off MSM and the internet and go outside and talk to actual people then you are going to have a bad moment when the reality of what is about to happen is completely different from what the media has filled your head with.

We will see soon enough.

You have no basis of understanding what my sources are - and if you’d like to browse my post history you might read my OP in a different light.

My point is Trump is F’ing this up and he’s going to get smoked. I say this as, though his base is excited, the vote for Biden is really going to turn out.

We seemingly have already moved past the BLM and rioting issues, Defund the police is no longer a headline daily, etc. the Dems got quieter (and the msm changed their narrative) because they needed to shut that down given Biden’s platform.

Meanwhile, Trump isn’t laying out a clear path forward. He’s lost control of his own narrative.

He’s still better than the alternative by light years, but those of us who know that are probably the ones who understood this in 2016 and have objectively viewed Trump by his results - which were notably strong until COVID hit.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
TDS is real and ??

Bootlickin is more realer....

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Sounds to me like a checklist of things Democrats don’t want Trump to do. Other than the stimulus, I don’t see a problem with any of it. The Superman T-shirt sounds funny like he’s trolling but haven’t seen that video yet.

I hate to tell you that even some Trump supporters do not find the superman thing funny.

My family of Trump supporters know of people who dealt with a bad case of COVID. Some were refused the hospital, told just go home until you can't breathe, refused tests, some hospitalized or know of people who died. None of them were airlifted to a hospital and given expensive experimental treatment. He is our President and entitled to that type of service, but to consider himself superman while other people had no such luck and are dealing with lingering or effects or had family members that they could not visit, die, does not sit well with some supporters. I think those are the supporters you may have to worry about. The things he has been doing lately are not sitting well with the middle of the road Republicans.

Now the die hard, no matter what Trump does will be cheered supporters will of course think it's the greatest thing ever.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
trump needs to continue with the rallies in fla and Penn. No masks allowed though!!

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If the vote for Biden was really going to turn out, why don't they show up for his rallies?

The only way this is possible is if they aren't voting for Biden at all, but something else. Again, I've seen about 1 house with any Biden signage up at all where I am at ... two if you count the BLM house.

Biden isn't campaigning even. He stays home most days. He sends out surrogates and no one shows up for them either. Deep dives into polling internals shows registered voters and heavy over-sampling of Democrats, but upwards of a factor of 10. You see them campaigning in states like Minnesota which should be safe them. If they were winning bigtime, I'd expect to see them campaigning in states like Missouri and Kansas. I'd see ads here. There are none, for either campaign. Whatever the story is here ... it's solid.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I hate to tell you that even some Trump supporters do not find the superman thing funny.

My family of Trump supporters know of people who dealt with a bad case of COVID. Some were refused the hospital, told just go home until you can't breathe, refused tests, some hospitalized or know of people who died. None of them were airlifted to a hospital and given expensive experimental treatment. He is our President and entitled to that type of service, but to consider himself superman while other people had no such luck and are dealing with lingering or effects or had family members that they could not visit, die, does not sit well with some supporters. I think those are the supporters you may have to worry about. The things he has been doing lately are not sitting well with the middle of the road Republicans.

Now the die hard, no matter what Trump does will be cheered supporters will of course think it's the greatest thing ever.

This is what I’m getting at.

I’ll vote Trump regardless if nothing else as a rejection of Biden (and, conduct aside, I care about results - which Trump delivered).

But those who are closer to the middle may view his behavior as not-so-great. He can’t alienate a chunk of his base - even a small chunk- with where things stand right now.

Put it this way, I’m of the mind that progressives will never be swayed and neither will die-hard conservatives. Nothing will move them off their positions. It’s the middle you have to sway - and Biden as the less polarizing candidate has a better shot at gaining ground amongst the moderate Dems or Repubs.

I do find that funny though as Biden is a walking gaffe machine but thanks to the media he gets a pass. I truly think people who vote for Biden are literally voting in a president who has obvious cognitive issues.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

blah blah blah...

We will see soon enough.

You have no basis of understanding what my sources are - and if you’d like to browse my post history you might read my OP in a different light.

My point is Trump is F’ing this up and he’s going to get smoked. I say this as, though his base is excited, the vote for Biden is really going to turn out.

We seemingly have already moved past the BLM and rioting issues, Defund the police is no longer a headline daily, etc. the Dems got quieter (and the msm changed their narrative) because they needed to shut that down given Biden’s platform.

Meanwhile, Trump isn’t laying out a clear path forward. He’s lost control of his own narrative.

He’s still better than the alternative by light years, but those of us who know that are probably the ones who understood this in 2016 and have objectively viewed Trump by his results - which were notably strong until COVID hit.

I don't think he is screwing up, first off.

His first debate sucked, I will give you that.

However, EVERY SINGLE talking point you brought up was left-biased.

THAT is the basis of my understanding of your sources.

They are simply BS.

As for not laying out a clear message for going forward, are you chitting me?

It's been the same since he was elected the first time.

The only way that Harris is going to be elected is if they can tip their normal 6/7% voting fraud up to over 20% and a lot of legal battles afterwards.

The left has just lost too much ground with blacks and hispanics to make it up in other demographics.

So you think what you want to and again we will see in a month.

As for me, on a personal level it doesn't really matter to me anymore... the battle is exhausting and I'm tired of the hate.

If Harris wins, I cash out of my business, relax for the rest of my life and watch America burn from the comfort of my home.

If Trump wins, I will work 3 more years, cash out of my business, relax for the rest of my life and watch America burn from the comfort of my home.

I will be heavily involved in local politics and that is it.

~shrug~

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Reality: mobile.twitter.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join