It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political ads?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So I have a simple question so the thread may seem a little light.

Has anyone else noticed an unusually one sided amount of ads for 1 candidate?

I dont watch TV often usually just when I tune into a Notre Dame football game this time of year, and through 3 quarters of this game I have probably seem a dozen pro biden, a handful more of pro democrat commercials.

See nothing form the republicans or trump, just struck me as odd.

So what am I missing, is the RNC just not running comercials or our stations only running DNC commercials during high watch periods?

Its NBC the game is on.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Does it surprise you? One side is trying very hard to say nothing but, vote Trump out because he's allowing us to be exposed. The other side rarely has any ads, but the very few have things in it about how great the country has been and will still be.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I can't PROVE it is true, however I believe millions and millions of dollars are being spent toward the defeat -- by any means necessary -- of President Trump by various people of wealth on the left.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The Dems believe if you throw a lot of money at something it will fix it. They are trying to fix the election so Biden wins.

Why do you think most MSM goes along with the Dems, they know that Dems feed media way more than the Republicans do.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

When I watch my OU games I get the pleasure of seeing both sides of the spectrum.
Maybe it’s just your iP or area but for me.....no
Also screw Your team!

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I only see Biden ads.

I block as many ads as I can, and refuse to click any "ad" link I see.

Googtube insists though.
I imagine my.lj.face is the same...

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I was rooting for Texas :p... Kidding if I root for Big 12 its TCU or Kstate.

Also might be the state I am in right now (I miss oklahoma), Georgia is a weird place.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I see at least 3:1 Biden ads even when I watch “conservative” shows on YT. My main question with all political ads is do they really work? I know for me I have never paid attention to them because they never tell the full story and they really annoy me.

It would be a godsend if they were to ever outlaw all political ads. At least from my standpoint they are a huge waste of money and I just don’t see how they really sway anyone’s opinion due to their briefness and quality of information

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I've seen ads from both sides, although one more than the other. I go out of my way to block YouTube ads with PiHole, but they just keep finding new ways of sending them. The only place I reliably do not see ads on there is on my desktop, anywhere else though, political after political after political. I actually perk up when it's a car or some food or something else.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Welp since other folks seem to be seeing them for both sides I will imagine that my IP is the issue as far as this goes.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

We see mostly Biden ads.
Very, very few Trump ads.

I will admit we don't watch much TV, and what we watch we usually skip the ads.

Most of the Biden ads we see are on one of the local affiliate channels, on shows that cater to younger people. TV at a local diner. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
We live in N. Idaho, and the majority of our broadcast channels are from Spokane, WA.

The best college football games today? On broadcast channels...

The political ads, and scare-mongering COVID-19 PSA's... off the charts.

Evidently, EVERY SINGLE COVID-19 patient in the state of Washington... THEY WILL DIE!

It's obnoxiously obvious...

ETA: I watched the UGA/ TENN game on KLEW out of Lewiston, ID. I didn't see a single political ad, that featured "doom" and "death".

...evidently, there is a "line of death" on the ID/WA border... so, stay safe out there.

edit on 10-10-2020 by madmac5150 because: The ducks commanded it

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I like a good conspiracy theory.
Massive funding into disruption and outwardly hostile candidates so even the slowest people think its commie right takers vs freedom Trump.
In reality, freedom Trump is the slow bleed establishment corporate suckup.
In effect, the polarization will stop any 3rd party conversations we need to be having.
Same rigging billionaires not liable for anti trust laws due to gov lobbying.

Added...try YouTube without adblock.

Good god man
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
He has not been spending money on ads. This link is a few weeks old. He has since stopped running ads in Ohio, Iowa and one other state, but can't remember which one. I think I read he recently upped ads on Facebook though.

Financial Times

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
Might have been Michigan.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Maybe so! My memory is terrible lately.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Youtube is just slamming with Biden Ads and has been.
At some pointI wondered if the Trump campaign was just not paying for ads or if it's just YT bias?
Either way it's annoying.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Depends where you are I guess as Trump is pulling ads due to lack of funds.

Trump launched his reelection effort the same day he was sworn in, January 20, 2017. In the last three-plus years, the campaign has raised and spent nearly $1 billion. One. Billion. Dollars. And now, with six weeks to Election Day, Team Trump finds itself robbing Peter to pay Paul.
www.businessinsider.com...

The writing is on the wall , no point throwing good money after bad so funding is drifting away.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Waste of money nobody is truly undecided...

Lines were drawn.

Emotional decisions win.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Lol 1 billion for what

Heh.

Just do the jre and reach more ppl.

a reply to: gortex

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join