It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boys (Season 2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
For those of you who are unfamiliar with The Boys:
The Boys is an American superhero web television series developed by Eric Kripke for Prime Video. Based on the comic book of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, it follows the eponymous team of vigilantes as they combat superpowered individuals who abuse their abilities.

Season 1 was great. Season 2 was recently released. The finale just aired and I love the show. It is dark, gritty, and funny. I loved the DareDevil series on netflix but The Boys took a dig at it early in the season. Anyone else catch it?

Who else ha been watching?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah... I've been watching since Season 1 came out. Love the show, but never read the comics.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I've been happy with it for the most part, however the deviations from the source can be a little grating at times. Was reading a review of last nights episode and how what happened with the end reveal and how pissed people are that the person is portrayed as progressive and now evil. It seems in some ways they're going darker than the source and in some ways not nearly as dark, it's an interesting balancing act they're trying to accomplish.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: azbowhunter

I have not read the comic either. Was wondering how close the show is to the comic.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I have not read the comic so I do not have those issues. Did you see the finale yet?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yep, loved it. There's a few things I don't care for in the show, but it's unavoidable on TV these days. For the most part it's telling a pretty interesting story that is maybe 5% faithful to the comics. I did like the tease of Jensen Ackles as a character from the comics, which I really hope they do exactly the same way, because it's not only hilarious but it also fits well with why the 7 have such an issue getting into working with the military.

The comics are a great read, and have some very interesting story points that are not covered in the show at all (9/11 for example). Well worth it if you're curious, because as it stands now at the end of 2 seasons I don't think you'll spoil yourself for anything since they're so far into different territory.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

thanks for the heads up i've just downloaded the second season thanks again

edit on 10-10-2020 by Steveogold because: spelling mistake

top topics

join