It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England v Wales v The Royal Ballet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
So, I think handling a 'pandemic' is tricky, and I dont think anyone has the answer.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

All the sane, last week England played Wales at Wembly, in North London.

An International Soccer match held in front of a zero crowd in a open air 90,000 seat stadium.

COVID-19 kept the gates locked and the crowds away, the matched was televised live and probably watched by a couple of million.

In the heart of London, in Covent Garden a couple of days later The Royal Ballet performed a socially distanced show in front of 400 people in the 2,200 in door venue at the Royal Opera House. The event was watched by tousands onnlive stream.

400 sitting inside a 2,200 seat theatre watching ballet, versus 0 sitting outside in a 90,000 seat stadium not watching soccer.

The Royal Ballet event was attended by the culture secretary, Oliver Dowden.

Now I figure if you've read this far you can join the dots here. If you follow UK soccer you'll also know clubs with long histories in the community are starting to fail, and disappear, because they are forced to keep the gates closed.

All I'd like to remind Oliver of, because I'm sure one of his flunkys will read this and pass on the message, is this:

We put you in power and We can take off our masks and take power back anytime We want. Remember Brexit.

Don't take the piss Oliver, there's a good boy.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
People are too pacified to actually revolt in any meaningful capacity these days. Remember "The more we do to you, the less you believe we are doing." Or something to that effect.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Missed that match....grrrrrr.....who won?....asking as I'm a rugby fan....can't find anything on google

Rainbows
Jane
edit on am103America/ChicagoSaturday2020-10-10T03:47:58-05:0003America/Chicago10000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Missed that match....grrrrrr.....who won?....asking as I'm a rugby fan....can't find anything on google

Rainbows
Jane

England 3 Wales 0

www.skysports.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ah...thank you....just realised it was the footy match, not rugby

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

400 people sitting and wearing masks inside a 2,200 seat theatre has to be less of a risk than thousands of fans singing and chanting in a football stadium , getting those thousands fans in and out of the stadium while maintaining social distancing procedures would take hours.

The snooker championship final earlier this year also allowed a limited number of spectators into the arena so it isn't just the arts being given a break.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How do they decide who gets to have a ticket? Is it a first come first serve basis?

Secondly by now it’s obvious covid19 isn’t the big killer that we were initially lead to believe. Sure it has pushed over the edge those with comorbidity’s so we should protect the elderly and and vulnerable, but the rest of us can handle it just fine, some people that tested positive didn’t even realise they had it.

But no, let’s continue the draconian measures and shaft pubs, clubs and much of the hospitality industry. Lets shaft the smaller football clubs, team sports and all other social events. Let’s ruin the economy by issuing tons of debt when we were already in austerity for the previous bailout of institutions deemed ‘to big to fail’. let’s make life as miserable as we can so that mental health issues go off the scale, alcohol, drug dependency and suicides increase. Yeah that makes perfect ####ing sense!

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I don't like it any more then you , my job puts me at risk on a daily basis so I have to observe the guidelines for my own and my colleagues safety but until there is an effective vaccine we are where we are.

The guidelines are mainly to help protect the NHS , as hospital admissions rise none COVID patients and those on the front line are the ones who suffer , it's up to us to keep infection rates low to help those who need help so wearing masks and socially distancing should be seen as a small price to pay.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The whole thing was managed like a farce from the get go. Why? Because during the national lockdown which we were told would only last 3 weeks but went on for 3 months, people could only go out for an hours local exercise and to do their shopping. The supermarkets limited their opening times, forcing people to visit in greater than normal numbers, standing 6 feet apart with no masks on with the wind blowing anything from the front of the que to the back. Once inside the supermarket the social distancing quickly fell apart as I observed on just about every occasion I went shopping.

So at the height of the said danger masks weren’t necessary we were told but now they are? All the staff that worked through the lockdown in the supermarkets didn’t have any ppe to begin with, it took a while to get the screens up around the tills. Yet none of those staff exposed to all those people came down with it, in the most likely place to catch it?

Now the new regulations are just as farcical, people have to wear masks to go inside say an eatery but obviously have to take them off to eat, so we’ll allow that because it doesn’t spread while eating? No it’s because there’s obviously no way around that... let’s shut pubs at 10pm because at that time people get a bit to tipsy and start to forget the arbitrary rules. But all people will do and have done is go out earlier to compensate.

Whoever is thinking up this nonsense must be moronic, besides all the jobsworths we have in this country that love this stuff, the rest of us can see right through it and frankly have had enough.

There is a larger agenda going on here and it isn’t about people’s health. More like agenda 21/30.

top topics

join