It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Covid Treatments Were Tested in Cells Derived From Fetal Tissue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Was this posted yet? What a conundrum.

When the Trump administration suspended federal funding in 2019 for most new scientific research projects involving fetal tissue derived from abortions, officials argued that whatever the scientific benefits, there was a pressing moral imperative to find alternative research methods.

“Promoting the dignity of human life from conception to natural death is one of the very top priorities of President Trump’s administration,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement released at the time.

Yet the treatment for Covid-19 received by Mr. Trump — a cocktail of monoclonal antibodies he described as a “cure” in a celebratory video posted on Twitter — was developed using human cells derived from a fetus aborted decades ago. Link

How do we wrap our heads around this one? I'm sure Trump is grateful that the funding wasn't cut off decades ago and is now reconsidering his position on the decision for suspend funding.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the thread where the political discussion took place. It is also where this is shown to be not much more than a political gotcha attempt.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It doesn't matter to me. I'm not voting Republican because of the abortion issue.
edit on 9 10 2020 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

NVM

edit on 9-10-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh okay. Appreciate the link. Didn't find it posted.

Facts are not gotchas.

Mods, you can close this thread if you'd like. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

fake news all first there is a ban on use its illegal. Second we now grow it in a lab so fetuses are no longer involved. embryonic stem cell research come from eggs that were fertilized at in vitro fertilization clinics but never implanted in a woman's uterus. The stem cells are donated with informed consent from donors. The other alternative is COS cells which are from monkeys.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So what's the point?

There's plenty of babies that don't make it through the birthing process to extract cells from. A great nation doesn't have to sacrifice its babies on the altar of science to get a cell or organ sample.

This isn't the "gotcha!" moment the libs believe it to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yet the treatment for Covid-19 received by Mr. Trump — a cocktail of monoclonal antibodies he described as a “cure” in a celebratory video posted on Twitter — was developed using human cells derived from a fetus aborted decades ago.

(1) Remdesivir was not created "using using human cells derived from a fetus aborted decades ago."
(2) Once Remdesivir was created, they used cells derived from a baby that was aborted (murdered) Europe in the 1970's. The embryonic cells from the kidney of the aborted human sacrifice split and they have been using this same host cells for almost 50 years.
(3) If I recall, the Allies prosecuted the Nazis are Nuremberg for the same type of sick science.

edit on 9-10-2020 by BetoDeLeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Not really. The line of cells they used are used across all kinds of research; these cells were originally created from a kidney cell of an aborted fetus in the 1970’s. Did Trump have fetus in his medicine? Really?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the thread where the political discussion took place. It is also where this is shown to be not much more than a political gotcha attempt.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not about to type my response twice, LOL. I know the search engine on ATS isn't the best, but it really isn't hard to find existing threads, if they're titled appropriately.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'd hate to see what parts of dead/alive babies the Nefarious RBG's treatments were made from.

Don't care still voting Trump.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BetoDeLeon
Yet the treatment for Covid-19 received by Mr. Trump — a cocktail of monoclonal antibodies he described as a “cure” in a celebratory video posted on Twitter — was developed using human cells derived from a fetus aborted decades ago.

(1) Remdesivir was not created "using using human cells derived from a fetus aborted decades ago."
(2) Once Remdesivir was created, they used cells derived from a baby that was aborted (murdered) Europe in the 1970's. The embryonic cells from the kidney of the aborted human sacrifice split and they have been using this same host cells for almost 50 years.
(3) If I recall, the Allies prosecuted the Nazis are Nuremberg for the same type of sick science.

I'll say it here again. The HEK293-T cells were not used to produce the antibodies. The fetal kidney cells were used to generate the COVID 'spike proteins' (surface receptors) which were used to challenge and titrate the antibodies.

The antibodies were made from genetically modified mouse cells which previously received human immune genetic information to generate human antibodies + additional genetic material from the B-cell of a human who was infected with the virus. These GMO mouse cells were used to mass produce the treatment that Trump received.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think that those fetal cells are used for a lot of stuff in developing meds. They have been doing that for a while around the world.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Fetuses now good.

Cult leader oh we love thee

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
Was this posted yet? What a conundrum.

When the Trump administration suspended federal funding in 2019 for most new scientific research projects involving fetal tissue derived from abortions, officials argued that whatever the scientific benefits, there was a pressing moral imperative to find alternative research methods.

“Promoting the dignity of human life from conception to natural death is one of the very top priorities of President Trump’s administration,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement released at the time.

Yet the treatment for Covid-19 received by Mr. Trump — a cocktail of monoclonal antibodies he described as a “cure” in a celebratory video posted on Twitter — was developed using human cells derived from a fetus aborted decades ago. Link

How do we wrap our heads around this one? I'm sure Trump is grateful that the funding wasn't cut off decades ago and is now reconsidering his position on the decision for suspend funding.

Didn't Trump used to be Pro-Choice right up until he ran for office?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Many conservatives, republicans, Trump supporters etc. Act like the give a crap about abortions but don't, and this is a great example...

edit on 10-10-2020 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Republican so called Christians do not care about this at all, no more than they cared about a myriad of sins committed but their leader... I assure you!

top topics

join