It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Something You Can't Purchase Because of Covid-19?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Every year I purchase Halloween themed paper bags to put goodies in for trick-or-treaters.

This year, I can't find any anywhere close to me, I'm in a generally rural area though, and the options online are ridiculously expensive.

It's fine, I'll just get regular paper bags and a Halloween stamp or something, but it's such a weird luxury item to not be able to purchase because every Chad, Mike, and Karen bought 4.5x the amount of toilet paper they usually do this year. Not to mention restaurant industries which have had to deal with both packaging increases due to take out sales, and plastic use mandates this year.

What are the weird things that you're usually able to purchase that have greatly increased in price, or become mostly nonexistant because of the Corona economy?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Achiote paste and .50 cal pistol ammo.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's almost regular deer hunting season here, and ammo isn't in huge supplies either!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Lumber...

It's a crap shoot if the store will be stocked.
Prices have doubled too...

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
It's almost regular deer hunting season here...

Is there an irregular deer hunting season? Are those like three legged deer or maybe have half a rack of antlers?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A 2x4x8 with no contractor discount for a walk in to a hardware store is over $8.50 CDN on average here right now!

$~5 CDN pre April 2020.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You get those ones first, but they make you use a bow and arrow or a muzzle loader to make it more fair.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

A lap dance.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

OnlyFans. That's why it's called a laptop.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You get those ones first, but they make you use a bow and arrow or a muzzle loader to make it more fair.

DB's old stripper name was 'Muzzle Loader'. Had something to do with his behavior at the buffet....

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

We call our local buffet the Muzzle UNloader.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Clorox wipes (or any bleach type wipes) are vanishingly rare at the moment because of the type of material used to make them. It's also used to make PPE and the mask fetish is making it hard for suppliers to get enough out. Of course, regular medical folks have dibs, so it travels down the food chain meaning bleach wipes are hard to get your hands on.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

A 2x4x8 with no contractor discount for a walk in to a hardware store is over $8.50 CDN on average here right now!

$~5 CDN pre April 2020.

$5.71 at Lowe's and home depot...

They were $2.25 six months ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wipes are pretty much back here, but we aren't making much in the way of PPE.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
mail order brides?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Right now, we can get almost anything we need locally but the prices are higher.

I do want to get a mask, I wonder if this mask is covid approved.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=wolf+mask&qid=1602257958&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1 &spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFXWDZFS1QwSEwxSzAmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2NDQ0NzQxNTY2UFVXT09IMUZIJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5MDU1NzZGSFlXOTdYRlZNWEgmd2lkZ2V0 TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If you were wearing that and wandering around Atsbhct's backyard you might get shot with her muzzle loader.

edit on 9-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Newman's Mango Salsa. It's out of stock everywhere including the manufacturer.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Newman's Mango Salsa. It's out of stock everywhere including the manufacturer.

To be fair he's been dead for some time, I guess they finally ran out.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I saw someone comment here. We can't go to buffets here anymore, that sucks, I like the Chinese buffet once in a while. Many local restaurants don't have eat in dining either, and I can cook at home, I like the social experience of going to a restaurant, we make better homemade foods at home usually. The wife and I are definitely not introverts at all, we like being at social functions which do not exist anymore. We live in the country, we talk to the deer and squirrels almost every day, we want to talk face to face with people in restaurants. But we are not fools either, so we are turning into hermits now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join