It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adaptations are clear evidence of intelligent design

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

It has nothing to do with such a realization, it's an exercise in futility to do so.

Facts will speak for themselves. And facts are totally lacking in the evolution department. You cannot wire the human brain consisting of 100,000,000,000 neurons and 1,000,000,000,000 glial supporting cells with approximately 1,000-trillion synapses via random chance. The circulatory system is over 66,000 miles longs, that is enough to wrap around the earth 2 and a half times. Even the empire state building has a meager 473 miles of electrical wire. Put that in perspective... it would be more likely that the empire state building comes to be by random chance than it would for a human to come to be by random chance.

The theory needs to be taken out to the trash so empirical science can be great again.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Knew you wouldn't reply to who you thought the creator was or what religion, because you clearly are a Christian who sees what he /she wants to see. Blinded by faith and with a disingenuous OP.

Have a link for this quote? It certainly sounds like something I might say depending on what I'm responding to, but I don't remember saying anything like that in the recent. I think you may be quoting someone else. If it was me, I'd like some context.

Well, if you clearly knew the answer, why are you asking?

Because I was sure you would not answer the second half of the question, and I was right. You didn't.

If you want to argue for the possibility of an intelligent designer, I'm all for it, because unlike many atheists, I don't have a problem considering such an ideology as a viable theory, but the moment you jump from intelligent designer to ANY religious deity, your argument goes out the window because there is absolutely ZERO evidence for any of the thousands of deities being worshipped on earth today being that intelligent designer.

This is why I ask you "Which god?" and more importantly "Why that god?". There must be a valid reason outside of faith for me to consider any deity that humans worship as the identity of an intelligent designer.

Also, evolution seeks to explain a process, not whether there is or isn't intelligence behind it. Our scientists use evolution to explain what they have observed by expounding on the evidence they have amassed, not who or what set it in motion.

For the record, I like these kinds of threads and your OP in general. Our scientists need to be questioned and taken to task. It helps to keep science itself from becoming any more of a religion than it already has, but even if you could prove intelligent design, you can't automatically jump from that to (insert deity here) without an explanation as to why that deity.

Lastly, just because I took you to task doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading the OP. S&F.

edit on 10/13/2020 by Klassified because: grammar and corrections

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Facts will speak for themselves.

Obviously, the facts do not speak for themselves.

FACT: There is zero definitive or conclusive evidence for intelligent design or the existence of any deity.

What we have is questions. Lots of them, but few answers. Belief and faith do not constitute facts. You and I may agree there is more to life than is physically observable, but that does not nullify evolution as a possible explanation until we can prove otherwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Given that there is no refutation, I suppose people on these forums are starting to realize that evolution is simply not a plausible theory.

Our genetic code is made in a way that allows us to adapt to all sorts of environments. Take for example 2,3-BPG which is a gene in humans that allows us to acclimate to higher altitudes. We do not evolve in such a short timespan, instead our body turns this gene higher or lower to allow us to acclimate to various altitudes. It's brilliant and also defies evolutionary mechanisms. What's even crazier is that our body does this automatically without our conscious input. This means it is also detecting the changes that would require the expression of this gene.

There are countless other genes that work exactly like this. This proves organisms do not evolve, they are simply adapting with mechanisms that are already present in the genome.

Exactly!

This should put the final nail in the coffin for a natural interpretation of evolution but it will not because it's a huge false paradigm that people use to deny the existence of God.

I remember learning in 10 grade science class about adaptation of organisms that evolve to survive in their environment. This destroys a natural interpretation of evolution. There's no need for natural selection because there's nothing to select against when it comes to traits needed for survival.

You get natural selection after organisms have adapted and evolved to survive in an environment. So you may get 3 organisms in an environment that adapted to survive in the environment. The 3 organisms will then compete for resources and 2 of them might consume all of the resources in the environment which hurts the survival of the 1 organism.

This has nothing to do with the information in the genome or traits competing with each other.

Scientist like the one I mentioned earlier recognize this and they have went to crazytown. They're basically saying organisms adapt not to survive in their environments lol.

So environmental pressures happen, this triggers random mutations, these mutations have no direction so the fossil record should be enormous. You should get way more species that didn't get the traits needed to survive but still got random traits. Darwin said this. Here's a quote about this:

“But just in proportion as this process of extermination has acted on an enormous scale, so must the number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed, be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory. The explanation lies, as I believe, in the extreme imperfection of the geological record.”
― Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species

Darwin thought we would see an enormous amount INTERMEDIATE VARIETIES!

This means for each organism there should be a bunch of fossils from an enormous amount of organisms that were born with a variety of traits that lost out to the traits that survived.

This is what you should see if evolution doesn't have a direction. These organism are adapting not to survive in the environment but because environmental pressures triggered random mutations.

THIS IS A FANTASY!!

What we see is and organism needs x traits to survive in an environment and the evolve x traits. Here's a science lesson that's taught to kids about adaptation.

Imagine a planet so far from the sun that it's always nighttime. Without the warmth of the sun, this planet is also very cold. What kind of changes to the human body would help humans live on this planet?

Eyes that have night vision or a thick coat of fur would certainly be helpful on a dark, cold planet. These changes would help humans adapt, or fit into, this new sunless environment, so we call them adaptations. Adaptations are body parts or behaviors that help a living thing survive in an environment.

study.com...

This is what I learned in 10th grade science now you have some who are living in crazytown because they recognize that this means intelligent Design and directed mutations. Here's more:

Why do giraffes have long necks? Because their feet smell! That's just a silly joke, but have you ever wondered why giraffes have necks that are much longer than other animals? It's all about food. All living things need food to survive, and in the wild, many animals have to compete for food. Talk about a serious food fight! Giraffes' long necks are a physical adaptation that help them reach food other animals cannot. Long necks help giraffes survive in an environment where many animals are fighting for food and there are many tall trees around.

Now, they basically want to scrap adaptations because they see it's a big oops.

Species don't adapt to survive they adapt not to survive. They just happened to get the right adaptations to survive when they need it.

Like I said, a natural interpretation of evolution is a fantasy that belongs in middle earth with the Hobbits but it's a huge false paradigm and if people let go of this false paradigm they're face to face with their Creator.
edit on 13-10-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I would have to say the God of the Bible. Why Him? Because the Bible states that He created everything in the beginning.

Many religions have manuscripts that make similar statements. The bible holds no more weight than the others do. All fail to meet the burden of proof, or at least conclusive evidence.

It also details exactly what is going on in our day and time to the letter, and there is no way that they could have known about it all 2,000 years ago.

This is debatable. Any student of history can observe repeatable patterns and make ambiguous prophecies that will seem pertinent many years laters. It is frequently said of writings from the past beyond the bible, but it is beyond the purview of the thread, so I won't belabor the point.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Given that there is no refutation, I suppose people on these forums are starting to realize that evolution is simply not a plausible theory.

Our genetic code is made in a way that allows us to adapt to all sorts of environments. Take for example 2,3-BPG which is a gene in humans that allows us to acclimate to higher altitudes. We do not evolve in such a short timespan, instead our body turns this gene higher or lower to allow us to acclimate to various altitudes. It's brilliant and also defies evolutionary mechanisms. What's even crazier is that our body does this automatically without our conscious input. This means it is also detecting the changes that would require the expression of this gene.

There are countless other genes that work exactly like this. This proves organisms do not evolve, they are simply adapting with mechanisms that are already present in the genome.

Exactly!

This should put the final nail in the coffin for a natural interpretation of evolution but it will not because it's a huge false paradigm that people use to deny the existence of God.

I remember learning in 10 grade science class about adaptation of organisms that evolve to survive in their environment. This destroys a natural interpretation of evolution. There's no need for natural selection because there's nothing to select against when it comes to traits needed for survival.

You get natural selection after organisms have adapted and evolved to survive in an environment. So you may get 3 organisms in an environment that adapted to survive in the environment. The 3 organisms will then compete for resources and 2 of them might consume all of the resources in the environment which hurts the survival of the 1 organism.

This has nothing to do with the information in the genome or traits competing with each other.

Scientist like the one I mentioned earlier recognize this and they have went to crazytown. They're basically saying organisms adapt not to survive in their environments lol.

So environmental pressures happen, this triggers random mutations, these mutations have no direction so the fossil record should be enormous. You should get way more species that didn't get the traits needed to survive but still got random traits. Darwin said this. Here's a quote about this:

“But just in proportion as this process of extermination has acted on an enormous scale, so must the number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed, be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory. The explanation lies, as I believe, in the extreme imperfection of the geological record.”
― Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species

Darwin thought we would see an enormous amount INTERMEDIATE VARIETIES!

This means for each organism there should be a bunch of fossils from an enormous amount of organisms that were born with a variety of traits that lost out to the traits that survived.

This is what you should see if evolution doesn't have a direction. These organism are adapting not to survive in the environment but because environmental pressures triggered random mutations.

THIS IS A FANTASY!!

What we see is and organism needs x traits to survive in an environment and the evolve x traits. Here's a science lesson that's taught to kids about adaptation.

Imagine a planet so far from the sun that it's always nighttime. Without the warmth of the sun, this planet is also very cold. What kind of changes to the human body would help humans live on this planet?

Eyes that have night vision or a thick coat of fur would certainly be helpful on a dark, cold planet. These changes would help humans adapt, or fit into, this new sunless environment, so we call them adaptations. Adaptations are body parts or behaviors that help a living thing survive in an environment.

study.com...

This is what I learned in 10th grade science now you have some who are living in crazytown because they recognize that this means intelligent Design and directed mutations. Here's more:

Why do giraffes have long necks? Because their feet smell! That's just a silly joke, but have you ever wondered why giraffes have necks that are much longer than other animals? It's all about food. All living things need food to survive, and in the wild, many animals have to compete for food. Talk about a serious food fight! Giraffes' long necks are a physical adaptation that help them reach food other animals cannot. Long necks help giraffes survive in an environment where many animals are fighting for food and there are many tall trees around.

Now, they basically want to scrap adaptations because they see it's a big oops.

Species don't adapt to survive they adapt not to survive. They just happened to get the right adaptations to survive when they need it.

Like I said, a natural interpretation of evolution is a fantasy that belongs in middle earth with the Hobbits but it's a huge false paradigm and if people let go of this false paradigm they're face to face with their Creator.

Yep, I don't see how those who support evolution can get around this.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

FACT: There is zero definitive or conclusive evidence for intelligent design or the existence of any deity.

You are in control of the greatest biological supercomputer that we know of. It far surpasses anything that our human intellect can create. If that's not a sign of design for you, then I don't really know what would do it for you. I got a degree in neuroscience studying this stuff... our brain is the work of a master electrician. There is no conceivable way it could have been created by random chance.

Any student of history can observe repeatable patterns and make ambiguous prophecies that will seem pertinent many years laters.

Dude, have you actually read the prophecies?? Jesus's death and resurrection are exactly the same as the Passover ritual that Moses did many years prior. It is actually mind-boggling the number of prophecies that are fulfilled, but in order to stay on topic I want to comment that prophecy is the science of God. Science, being defined as observable evidence, is demonstrated by God's prophecies coming true.

" Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14)

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)
edit on 14-10-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

2 3-BPG is not a gene, it is a molecule present within red blood cells. Yes its concentration will increase in a low oxygen condition, not only high altitude but also airway constriction and heart disease. However increasing 2 3-BPG concentration does not involve any genetic change taking place in your body, there is no such thing as turning a "gene higher or lower". This is accompanied at altitude by increased respiration and heart rate. Much like our irises constricting in the presence of bright light, sweat when we are hot, goosebumps when we are cold, it is one of the many automatic physiological responses of our bodies to external stress. The ability of our bodies to do these things ARE the evolutionary adaptations.

Examples of specific long term evolutionary adaptations can be found in certain populations in Tibet, the Andes and Ethiopia, where people have been living at high altitudes. These involve permanent physiological and genetic changes that are passed from generation to generation.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-11-2020 by Donner because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donner

2 3-BPG is not a gene, it is a molecule present within red blood cells.

For the sake of simplification I said 2,3-BPG gene, rather than 2,3-BPG the molecule catalytically synthesized by the Bisphosphoglycerate mutase enzyme which is coded for by its respective gene (see how that's excessive and hard to read for the lay-man?)

However increasing 2 3-BPG concentration does not involve any genetic change taking place in your body,

True. This is epigenetics - it works with genes turning production up or down depending on various environmental and behavioral cues.

there is no such thing as turning a "gene higher or lower".

Again you're getting into semantics. Genes are expressed more or less depending on various epigenetic factors that determine their relevant level of expression. Surely this defies Darwin's notion that traits and adaptations come from mutations. Instead, adaptations come from pre-set mechanisms via epigenetics and their respective pathways such as methylation, histone modification, etc.

The ability of our bodies to do these things ARE the evolutionary adaptations.

The example of 2,3-BPG i think is perfect to show that it could not have been random mutations that created the mechanism. Let's say one organisms body randomly gets a miraculous mutation that somehow manages to create the gene to code for Bisphosphoglycerate mutase... (although this is unfounded in the literature that such a thing can happen, we will assume a miracle so I can continue the example). Even if this were to occur, there would need to be some sort of mechanism that detects what external cues should activate Bisphosphoglycerate mutase to synthesize 2,3-BPG for altitude acclimation. Not only that, but why would this gene be selected since it is likely that whatever organism would not even need to go to high altitudes?

The genetic code is called code because it requires something intelligent to code it. It is so precisely tuned that it even knows when you're going into high altitude so it can begin to produce Bisphosphoglycerate mutase to synthesize 2,3-BPG to allow you to acclimate to higher altitudes. These sorts of complex feedback mechanisms cannot be generated by random subsequent piece-by-piece mutations as theorized by evolution.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Intelligent design theory boils down to 'I cannot comprehend how something so complex could happen by chance, therefore it didn't'. It is only a proof of limited human comprehension, nothing else.

There is one big misconception here. People believe in intelligent design because they find analogies in nature to how human design process works. But the thing is that we created those analogies in the first place. We humans observed organic chemistry and started using words like genetic code, sequences, transcriptions which are borrowed from the concept of language because we found it kind of analogous. But it's a very, very lose analogy, and when someone compares DNA to a programming language and nature to a compiler, it shows lack of understanding.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: iknowyou
Intelligent design theory boils down to 'I cannot comprehend how something so complex could happen by chance, therefore it didn't'. It is only a proof of limited human comprehension, nothing else.

Nah. More like, biological organisms and cosmological constructs and the intelligible laws that uphold them are far more likely to have come from a logical source.

But the thing is that we created those analogies in the first place. We humans observed organic chemistry and started using words like genetic code, sequences, transcriptions which are borrowed from the concept of language because we found it kind of analogous. But it's a very, very lose analogy, and when someone compares DNA to a programming language and nature to a compiler, it shows lack of understanding.

The mitochondrion was a hydrogen fuel cell generator before we humans even grasped such a concept. These are not loose analogies, it is literally the same reaction. It's a microscopic engine that powers the cells in our body. Random chance cannot make hydrogen fuel cell generators.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

You failed to get my point, but maybe I phased it wrong so allow me to rephrase it.

We had very little understanding of what we were looking at, when we were making naming conventions. If we were to rethink them now, we would probably call things differently. We would no longer call DNA a code. Or maybe we would, because it’s just convenient. The point is a person working in the field understands what it actually means. But a person with shallow understanding will just see connection to how we use the word ‘code’ in our everyday language.

An example from different field would be bubbling effect in programming. It happens when information is passed higher in the hierarchical structure. Professional knows the analogy is just the going up part, a person with shallow understanding will find relation with bath lotion.

The same goes for encoding proteins, or transcription of DNA into RNA. Biologist understands those are just names for chemical reactions, and their relation with character encoding or language transcription is the same, as code bubbling with bath lotion.

These are not loose analogies, it is literally the same reaction.

It's simply not. You can't possibly work in the field and claim that unironically.

Nah. More like, biological organisms and cosmological constructs

I know it was just a play on words, but I find it ironic how it's another solid example of what I just wrote. A person who doesn't know the meaning of the word biological, but knows the meaning of the word logical would connect them, while in reality the suffix -logical has nothing in common with the word logic, except the letters.

It kind of shows your thought process thought and might explain all the other shallow connections you make.

and the intelligible laws that uphold them are far more likely to have come from a logical source.

Why? Because you can't comprehend order coming from chaos randomly? Just like you as a 3 dimensional being can't comprehend 4th dimension, or you as an existence can't comprehend nothingness. So projecting yourself with all your human features as a god, explains to your human self something that is beyond your understanding. 'A better and smarter being made all this' is like a placeholder for a process you don't know yet. It doesn't make your theory valid or proven.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I don't think that the intelligent designer 'reaches in & meddles' every time an evolving trait occurs in nature. Rather, our morphology is naturally tuned to search for opportunities in the environment, possibilities to evolve new traits which make it a better fit for the environment it happens to live in.

Thinking of the lizard - how would a mutation for advantage which takes millions of years to occur help the lizard to survive & propagate its genes to its offspring..? Oh wait - it wouldn't. Unless the mutation can be actively applied within the lifespan of the creature, it is pointless talking about the evolution of that species because it will likely die off before the 'useful accidental mutation' occurs at random & saves the day. The fact that the evolved trait was noticed within 36 years (certainly within the lifespan of the animal) points to the rather obvious fact that needed traits can be evolved quickly when necessary.

The intelligent designer has imbued the genetic toolkit, the morphogenesis factor, the epigenetic potentate, with the powers across these three areas which can be used in combination to 'reach into the magic box' & pull out the necessary adaptation. I think it links most closely with the as yet little explored morphogenetic field theory, but the base genetics & the epigenetic factors also play a key role. The necessary tools are handed to every organism through its base programming - the intelligent designer has intelligently designed a system which evolves as necessary without further specific intervention (unless you count events such as the pre-Cambrian explosion as mega-evolution events where the designer perhaps did meddle a little bit, to kick start a wave of new innovations in the propagation & typology of life.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm inclined that the intelligence behind the design is of the creations own accord, rather than a supreme creator diving in an every constant that had to start from scratch several times, like the Plataypus looking like a bigger mistake then the making of Satan.

Self grooming or repetitive experiences of muscle memory through generations is not of gods hand scratching out said "Chosen Ones" to inherit the Earth...Cockroaches.

But it is said, that if flesh came from spirit, or spirit come from flesh, both are amazing.
edit on 2-5-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I don't think that the intelligent designer 'reaches in & meddles' every time an evolving trait occurs in nature. Rather, our morphology is naturally tuned to search for opportunities in the environment, possibilities to evolve new traits which make it a better fit for the environment it happens to live in.

Thinking of the lizard - how would a mutation for advantage which takes millions of years to occur help the lizard to survive & propagate its genes to its offspring..? Oh wait - it wouldn't. Unless the mutation can be actively applied within the lifespan of the creature, it is pointless talking about the evolution of that species because it will likely die off before the 'useful accidental mutation' occurs at random & saves the day. The fact that the evolved trait was noticed within 36 years (certainly within the lifespan of the animal) points to the rather obvious fact that needed traits can be evolved quickly when necessary.

The intelligent designer has imbued the genetic toolkit, the morphogenesis factor, the epigenetic potentate, with the powers across these three areas which can be used in combination to 'reach into the magic box' & pull out the necessary adaptation. I think it links most closely with the as yet little explored morphogenetic field theory, but the base genetics & the epigenetic factors also play a key role. The necessary tools are handed to every organism through its base programming - the intelligent designer has intelligently designed a system which evolves as necessary without further specific intervention (unless you count events such as the pre-Cambrian explosion as mega-evolution events where the designer perhaps did meddle a little bit, to kick start a wave of new innovations in the propagation & typology of life.

The way you describe it almost sounds like "someone" was planning for humans to eventually take over as cosmic engineers locating worlds to be colonized and perhaps even developing machines that can process data and cultivate resources for themselves. Seems like we need to invent a god to justify the end result where we take his place because the legacy demands the cycle continue. And then we act like we messed up hugely when our creations do the tower of babylon thing except we forgot to build our slaves from something fragile and easily intimidated instead of using the same exact technology that's in our weapons, but in fact we were always going to build our successors following the rule of two philosophy, where the master must inevitably succumb to the student because Olympus only has one throne.

Never put computers and slaves in the same room together. That is how gods get killed.
edit on 2-5-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'd reserve judgement, but if the design is "intelligent", then why is it often so imperfect (the human back or knee, for example) or compromises one thing for another (bipedalism with chocking to death in humans, for example).

Was the designer a doofus or a sadist?

Or maybe "It" just thought at the time, hey you're only going to live till 40 anyway, why bother making all the nitty-gritty perfect?

In which case it's probably not the Old Testament God, because we read that several of the main characters in those times were several centuries old.
And that was before they had Ibuprofen.
But perhaps those were just different ages.
edit on 2-5-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: iknowyou

I know it was just a play on words, but I find it ironic how it's another solid example of what I just wrote. A person who doesn't know the meaning of the word biological, but knows the meaning of the word logical would connect them, while in reality the suffix -logical has nothing in common with the word logic, except the letters.

The fact that you have to change the definition of words to try to make your argument sound reasonable shows how off based you are with everything you are saying. the suffix 'logy' in biology, is derived from the Greek word Logos - which means Reason. As in logic, which is derived from the same Greek word 'logos'. Biological organisms are very much reasonably created organisms.

Why? Because you can't comprehend order coming from chaos randomly? Just like you as a 3 dimensional being can't comprehend 4th dimension, or you as an existence can't comprehend nothingness.

Consciousness coming from matter would be like light coming to be from shadows. If you think random chaos created our world go ahead and think that. But all physical laws act according to delicate mathematical precision, showing they are very much the opposite of random chaos. These laws uphold all things, showing that your notion of random chaos is not based in observable reality.

originally posted by: halfoldman
I'd reserve judgement, but if the design is "intelligent", then why is it often so imperfect (the human back or knee, for example) or compromises one thing for another (bipedalism with chocking to death in humans, for example).

Was the designer a doofus or a sadist?

It's because people are using it incorrectly. This is the meaning of 'sin' in Theology. It essentially means to be using your mind body and soul incorrectly, or in other words, 'to miss the mark'. This is why sin is in fact deadly

edit on 2-5-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So, if you're a "double-adapter" it figures that you came from twice the intelligence.
edit on 3-5-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

God is not a 'skitso', God has a council. He delegates authority, and this is why the Bible records the decision which was made with the agreement of the council "Let us make man in our image". Some of the council members rebelled, and that is how the story of Mankind gets messy. In Psalm 82, God (YHWH) prophetically predicts the death of those council members who, despite being near to God, rebelled against His rightful authority, and led the world/ universe astray, causing great pain in the process to all generations. God predicts that ultimately, at some point in the distant future, those 'gods' who rebelled under the authority of Lucifer, would literally die like mortal men, instead of the angelic beings they once were. The story goes that these fallen gods are now living secretly on the Earth, in hiding. They control the world through a variety of means, but their time is swiftly coming to pass. They have corrupted society to a level that most people can't understand because that corruption is their only frame of reference. Life was never supposed to be what it has been made to be in the 21st century. I believe that the time of the 'End of Days' is almost upon us, and that we will not see much further than the singularity before it's all wrapped up, and things are restored back to a new Golden Age. We are currently living in an age of degradation, and boy does it show...

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: midnightstar

God is not a 'skitso', God has a council. He delegates authority, and this is why the Bible records the decision which was made with the agreement of the council "Let us make man in our image". Some of the council members rebelled, and that is how the story of Mankind gets messy. In Psalm 82, God (YHWH) prophetically predicts the death of those council members who, despite being near to God, rebelled against His rightful authority, and led the world/ universe astray, causing great pain in the process to all generations. God predicts that ultimately, at some point in the distant future, those 'gods' who rebelled under the authority of Lucifer, would literally die like mortal men, instead of the angelic beings they once were. The story goes that these fallen gods are now living secretly on the Earth, in hiding. They control the world through a variety of means, but their time is swiftly coming to pass. They have corrupted society to a level that most people can't understand because that corruption is their only frame of reference. Life was never supposed to be what it has been made to be in the 21st century. I believe that the time of the 'End of Days' is almost upon us, and that we will not see much further than the singularity before it's all wrapped up, and things are restored back to a new Golden Age. We are currently living in an age of degradation, and boy does it show...

Sounds like a super convoluted story that bad parents would fabricate to explain away all of their bad parenting instead of coming clean and facing their mistakes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join