It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home After 6 Days Of Hospital Hell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have lymphedema in my legs and one got badly infected. Ended up in the hospital and also had fluid in my lungs and discovered I have AFib, a screwed up heart problem. I was on oxygen, blood thinner, diuretic, strong antibiotics...Got poked with needles every day with tons of blood work. I had two of those needles they put in your arm for intravenous drips. Tubes everywhere, a heart monitor, Hard to move around, hard to breath, hard to sleep much at all. At one point they were taking my blood pressure every hour! The Doctor was going to shock my heart. I said, "You're gonna do what?????" Guess my heart ended up getting itself in rythem again so I didn't have to be shocked. Like what the hell?

It was sometimes difficult getting help from the nurses when you really needed them. I know they are overworked, but I wasn't there for a vacation or to socialize. I cried and felt so helpless and alone. It was horrible. Especially being on a diuretic and needing to pee badly and no one is available to help you get the bathroom. I had to go with the pole and an oxygen tank. Too much of a project. I finally decided to ask for one of those porta potty thingies and could go right in my corner of my room.

Man, I had no idea that getting old could be such a downward spiral. Well, I did, but when it actually happens you to you, you realize just how frail you are and just how short life really is.

I was worried as hell leaving my Hubby alone as he has his own health problems and is going through dialysis and heart problems. I am just soooooo relieved to be home. Battles ahead with new Doctors and tests and...BLAH!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

So glad to hear your home with your hubby!

Sorry you had to go through all of that too.
Doctors and nurses do great at the hospital,
they save lives and get you back on track.

No place like home though. Stay hydrated,
and take care. Blessings to you Night Star!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Well, I did, but when it actually happens you to you, you realize just how frail you are and just how short life really is.

I had a doctor friend who would say he's amazed at how strong the human body is, and how fragile it is at the same time.
Hang tough, we need you here. You always provide some nice, thoughtful comments.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm glad you're home and better!!
Yikes! What an ordeal!!!!!

I swear unless you have a loved one keeping vigil, no way do you get the care you really need.
I know nurses are overworked...not enough per patient.
Frequently need something, you need to have a relative of partner there.

Positive thoughts for you to heal

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thank you, so sweet!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Glad you're back home Mrs Leaper.

All the good vibes and love I can muster to you nad and hubs.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

So true! I only had two quick visits from Sister. She brought me a Halloween bag with lip balm, hair scrunchies, chocolates and a decorative little cat pumpkin. That helped and made me smile.

Gawd, yes, it was quite the ordeal. Now I'll have new Doctors, all kinds of appointments and tests. I have anxiety and can't stand one Doctors appointment, never mind several and tests, tests, tests. GAH!
I have a visiting nurse coming tomorrow. I just want to be left alone.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Jiminey!!!! Thank you love!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of all the trouble you're going through. Getting old is definitely not for the faint of heart.

My mother went through a ton of trouble a while back with A fib, it can be pretty scary stuff. She ended up getting a surgical procedure where they went in with a catheter and burned some nerve endings in her heart that were misfiring and causing the rhythm to go out of sinus.
Hopefully yours behaves itself and doesnt cause you any more worries.
Best wishes for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I have lymphedema in my legs and one got badly infected

Been there , done that many times over.
Had 4 glands removed in lower body.
Nearly died once for being stubborn in believing I had bronchitis and taking Nyquil.

That alone is bad enough.

Hang in there , Elf.
Goth

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I thought that you didn’t catch that!

Nice cat!

What a scare!

So glad that you came out the other side OK!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Sorry to hear of all the trouble you're going through. Getting old is definitely not for the faint of heart.

My mother went through a ton of trouble a while back with A fib, it can be pretty scary stuff. She ended up getting a surgical procedure where they went in with a catheter and burned some nerve endings in her heart that were misfiring and causing the rhythm to go out of sinus.
Hopefully yours behaves itself and doesnt cause you any more worries.
Best wishes for you.

GAH! I hope no surgery. That would freak me out.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Wow, really??? I'll hang in there as best I can. Thanks Goth!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hugs to you dear. I was in the same boat a few years ago.
Definitely not the most pleasant of hospital stays.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

What cat? LOL

Yeah, I made it through alive...so far. I hate being human, too many things can go wrong. Think I'll stay an Elf.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awwwww, sweet little kitty!!!!!
Yeah, you have your health issues too. I can relate. Hugs!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

If it makes you feel better, I was in a coma and broke my neck and to this day, can't feel my legs and am numb from mid thigh down.
They told me I needed a wheelchair or a walker, my response was....if I can beat beat you all in a foot race right now.....who is handicapped, me or you??
I still bike as many miles as I want and still walk a lot and bike a lot and still go get my own groceries.

Stay strong and know they are just doing generic stuff.
My opinion is bad advice but strong thinking worked for me.

I don't know about you or your hubbies situation but stay strong.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Gothmog

Wow, really??? I'll hang in there as best I can. Thanks Goth!

But , you reminded me of the (once upon a time) torture served upon my wife and I with this thing called "compression hose"
No , not the ones you walk into the store and purchase.
The ones that require a doctor's prescription.

edit on 10/9/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

OMG, that's horrible! Glad you have a strong will and worked your way through it.
Inspiring!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join