It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling bad for Cunningham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Don't support the man's politics whatsoever....and personally hope Tillis wins. But aside from politics, I feel bad for the guy. He made a huge mistake having an affair. Even worse having an affair with an apparent bunny boiler. The media are taking this guy to the woodshed, but I've seen very little backlash against Guzman Todd. Where is the equal backlash against her? Why isn't she being proverbially publicly tarred, feathered, and ruined?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Don't support the man's politics whatsoever....and personally hope Tillis wins. But aside from politics, I feel bad for the guy. He made a huge mistake having an affair. Even worse having an affair with an apparent bunny boiler. The media are taking this guy to the woodshed, but I've seen very little backlash against Guzman Todd. Where is the equal backlash against her? Why isn't she being proverbially publicly tarred, feathered, and ruined?

Meh......she's just another homewrecker nobody. He is a candidate in a race for a very important Senate seat.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Meh......she's just another homewrecker nobody. He is a candidate in a race for a very important Senate seat.

Yeah, I'm not saying that it shouldn't or won't hurt his election chances. But she is equally guilty.... And it doesn't help that she made the comments about him not being good looking enough for her but she was/is attracted to power. To me that shows the level of putrification in her soul and conscience. I'm just saying that she appears to be getting off with little or no consequences in comparison to the ones he is facing.

I don't have to agree with his politics to feel he is getting shafted as a human being.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I'd be shocked if you showed me a politician who didn't cheat on their spouse. And like you, hoping for Tillis.
But it's election time, and this is a golden goose. I bet the DNC is a bit pissed off about all the money they spent on him.

I'll be glad to see Cooper gone. He lived up to his hype. Inept.

Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I'd be shocked if you showed me a politician who didn't cheat on their spouse. And like you, hoping for Tillis.
But it's election time, and this is a golden goose. I bet the DNC is a bit pissed off about all the money they spent on him.

I'll be glad to see Cooper gone. He lived up to his hype. Inept.

Stay safe!

Forgot that this is right in your neck of the woods..... And you are right. A lot of politicians have affairs. A lot of people in the beltway, in general, have affairs. I still don't think that makes it right for only participant to face the consequences of having their life ruined while the other gets off virtually scot-free....

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Btw, I have been propositioned by some powerful people who seemed so surprised and offended when I turned down the offer. In some cases, I really wasn't surprised....given the individual's reputation. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there have been times when this situation made me very sad... Learning that people you may have looked up to do dirty, unethical things like trying to engage in or encourage an affair.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I've seen very little backlash against Guzman Todd. Where is the equal backlash against her? Why isn't she being proverbially publicly tarred, feathered, and ruined?

Kamullah Harris as just as guilty of having a sleazy affair with a married (with children) politician as Ms. Guzman Todd ...and there's absolutely no condemnation of HER from the Left.

On the contrary...

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't feel sorry for anyone that has an affair. My opinion on this is not popular but it is mine - if your relationship sucks, get out - then play the field if you want to. I watched what my dad did to my mom and it is a horrible thing to do to someone. So he gets zero sympathy/empathy from me just as anyone else that cheats on their spouse. Zero. Not a frickin' drop. I'm not sorry, those vows mean something to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I've seen very little backlash against Guzman Todd. Where is the equal backlash against her? Why isn't she being proverbially publicly tarred, feathered, and ruined?

Kamullah Harris as just as guilty of having a sleazy affair with a married (with children) politician as Ms. Guzman Todd ...and there's absolutely no condemnation of HER from the Left.

On the contrary...

Pretty much the same situation. She had an affair with Willie Brown which launched her career. He paid the price. She didn't. Just disgusting....

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Fully agree with you. And I think Cunningham should be held accountable. But I also think Guzman Todd should be held accountable. IN fact, I could be wrong but I think you can sue for "alienation of affection" in the state of NC. If that's the case, Cunningham's wife should sue her.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Btw, I have been propositioned by some powerful people who seemed so surprised and offended when I turned down the offer. In some cases, I really wasn't surprised....given the individual's reputation. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there have been times when this situation made me very sad... Learning that people you may have looked up to do dirty, unethical things like trying to engage in or encourage an affair.

Apparently you were waiting for the real deal? Is that accurate "bride of Lucifer"?

:-)

Sorry, don't know you - just thought that was funny.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I’ve heard there are at least two women he had an affair with. The other woman found out when this affair with Guzman aired. Supposedly she was just as surprised as his wife.

This guy cannot even be truthful or faithful to his family.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Jill Biden's ex-husband claims Jill was cheating on him with Joe in the early 70's.
Again...her ex-husband is ignored...she is celebrated.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Oh noes... the woman isn't getting beaten up enough for you???

You obviously realize that she is not running for office, right? The only reason this affair is public fodder -- as opposed to the countless other affairs happening everywhere all the time that the public doesn't care one whit about -- is that this guy is running for office. If the guy wasn't running for office, no one would care about him either.

She isn't making any promises to the public. She isn't running for public office. No one cares about another floozy homewrecker.

So other than plain old misogyny, what's the point of going after her? Who's going to buy newspapers to read about her? She's a nobody in the big picture. Which, of course, makes the married Senate candidate an even bigger fool. She has nothing to lose. He has everything to lose.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Apparently you were waiting for the real deal? Is that accurate "bride of Lucifer"?

:-)

Sorry, don't know you - just thought that was funny.

Well that is very assupmtive of you, Fools...
Perhaps you are projecting your own aspirations onto me? I may be many things, but a cheater is not one of them.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So you are basically of the opinion that it is only worthwhile to publicize and ruin someone's life if they are running for political office? Since Cunningham is running for office, it's okay to drag out the dirty details of HIS life and continue to publicly humiliate him after initial disclosure to voters....while she is allowed to slink off into the gutter with no repercussions? Hmm....ok. You think it is misogyny to hold her the same standard as him? Interesting....

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Jill Biden's ex-husband claims Jill was cheating on him with Joe in the early 70's.

Would be another example of the double standard except NEITHER of them have ever been held accountable for their unethical behavior.

If a guy will cheat on his wife, he will cheat on his country. Vice versa for her.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Would be another example of the double standard except NEITHER of them have ever been held accountable for their unethical behavior.

If a guy will cheat on his wife, he will cheat on his country. Vice versa for her.

AND yet ANOTHER example of evidence that Joe Biden habitually engaged in sexual activity (in this case consensual) with his female aides.

Tara Reade being another example (albeit, UNWANTED sexual activity).
edit on 9-10-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

So you are basically of the opinion that it is only worthwhile to publicize and ruin someone's life if they are running for political office?

Interesting presumption there. I just stated the facts. If he were Joe Q. Public you wouldn't even know of him, much less that he's a lowlife scumbag cheating on his wife with another lowlife scumbag. It is what it is. He knew there was a chance that he would get caught, he knew that if he got caught that it would become public fodder, he knew that some/many of the voters would think poorly of him for it, he knew that he could lose votes. Personally, from a voter's perspective, I consider his hubris far more disturbing than his infidelity.

Since Cunningham is running for office, it's okay to drag out the dirty details of HIS life and continue to publicly humiliate him after initial disclosure to voters....while she is allowed to slink off into the gutter with no repercussions? Hmm....ok.

Maybe you just need to expand your sources of information... She's been dragged through the mud as well!!! Her text messages have been made public and poured over by various media. Heavy even did a "5 things you need to know" about her.

What more "repercussions" do you want???

The problem isn't that she's getting a free pass. She's not. The difference is that she's not asking anything of the public, she hasn't made any promises to the public, and therefore holds no public interest beyond her involvement with someone who is asking something of the public (their votes) and therefore does hold public interest far beyond his involvement with her.

You think it is misogyny to hold her the same standard as him? Interesting....

No, I think it's misogyny to want and demand that a woman who doesn't owe the public a damn thing be publicly bullied and abused for your own personal gratification.

As for holding her to the "same standards," when and if she runs for office, then she can take her chances with the press and public as well. Until then, there is no "same standard" beyond having her name and reputation dragged through the mud right along with him.

new topics

top topics

join