It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police/Govt Discrimination Against Me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The mental health has been gone for a long time.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It is discrimination masked under the guise of "public safety." The mental health has not been an issue for over a decade. This is akin to discrimination based on skin color. You support that? Wow.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I have not yet applied for asylum. I am mulling it. I do not want to be the subject of discrimination when my family doctor says I am not a safety risk.

Sad, I actually may have to apply for asylum however...Where would I go? Iceland?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I attempted to disarm a cop and assaulted a cop. It was a suicide by police attempt over a decade ago. I then received a conditional discharge from the judge. So, I have no criminal convictions, however, there is a non-conviction police record that is being weaponized against me, as in discrimination.

I may have to try to get asylum. Where would I go?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

"You're angry. So no thanks." Pluhsssee dude, stop playing "Doctor." My Doctor says there's no problems. You are just a person that is discriminatory. Without my involvement in the murder one case, the prosecution wouldn't of even had a chance at convicting the guy. I did my duty and testified against him.
edit on 8-10-2020 by bythesea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I have no money. Yes, I reside in Canada. Help me if you can please.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bythesea

You have multiple “non-convictions” on your record and mental health issues. You’re seriously wondering why you’re having problems?

I’ll give you a hint:
It’s the police record and mental health issues.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bythesea

If you have no money, asylum in a country that isn't adjacent to your own country is likely out of the question, plus it most likely won't be granted based on how you feel you've been discriminated against. Most North Americans granted asylum first move to another country, and then apply for the asylum, with most applicants being people fleeing intense domestic violence, stalking, racism, or interfamilial religious persecution.

Your best bet is to fill out applications to have your records expunged, citing the employment issues and really push with that. Maybe visit a law school and see if they offer and free clinics to help.

The mental health issues will follow you, unfortunately, especially if there were police assault charges (even if not convicted, and even if your doctor says it isn't an issue now), if you're applying for government jobs. In Canada where I am, background checks for government positions include character checks, mental health checks, even debt analysis.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I disobeyed an officer in '88. Later, I became a County Sheriff, in the Air Force Reserve, became 1st Responder and EMT...for another 35 years...

My case at that time....held open for Officer's discretion....never ever came up again.

Even had my gun cpl license since 75. Good luck
edit on 9-10-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm not arguing with you, but do you think your charge was on par with what the OP hinted at? Assaulting an officer, disarming an officer, and involvement in a murder case?

I'm also noticing some people saying they have government positions and criminal records have also had military experience, where maybe they've proved themselves, whereas the OP didn't mention having ever served in their respective military.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

No. No! Not qualified enough. I know little about law, replying w an incident of lesser seriousness I'm sure...many years ago

His particular incidence...was obviously more severe and somehow, somewhere was open, whatever.

Law? I know only from divorce. Twice.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bythesea

"You're angry. So no thanks." Pluhsssee dude, stop playing "Doctor." My Doctor says there's no problems. You are just a person that is discriminatory. Without my involvement in the murder one case, the prosecution wouldn't of even had a chance at convicting the guy. I did my duty and testified against him.

Don't think of me as playing "doctor" but of playing the issuing agent for security clearances. You say your "mental health issues" are gone. I suspect they are just in remission and could reappear at any time. You say you "did your duty" and I say that's beside the point. Now you are obviously angry that you cannot get a clearance and accuse people of "discrimination." Well, you are correct about that. They ARE discriminating against you, both for your past "mental illness" and for your current attitude. It is not illegal to discriminate against you for those reasons. Yeah, you don't like it, but guess what? Nobody cares. By definition you are a security risk, therefore no clearance for you. Bitch all you want, but find something else to do.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Schuyler,

The mental health was from external factors that became internalized. Forgive me, I shouldn't of even posting asking for ideas; this, because one can't make a point or help due to the various aspects and extenuating factors I've omitted.

Besides, what about all the Democrats and other left-wing radicals that suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome? People like Adam Schiff, "Mad" Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi, to name a few. I think they can get healthy and be normal again.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bythesea
Schuyler,

The mental health was from external factors that became internalized. Forgive me, I shouldn't of even posting asking for ideas; this, because one can't make a point or help due to the various aspects and extenuating factors I've omitted.

Doesn't matter. You internalize external factors. Not a good risk.

Besides, what about all the Democrats and other left-wing radicals that suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome? People like Adam Schiff, "Mad" Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi, to name a few. I think they can get healthy and be normal again.

What about them? Besides, they'll never change. That someone else is deemed "sick" doesn't mean you are not. That point is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: homerJ

Yet they allow him to carry a gun???
Strange country. ...
You can’t have the job you want because of your past, but here ya go, have a gun!

I think you are a bit mixed up. First of all, OP did not say he was in the US. Second, he didn't mention guns and there is indication he has any. Third, in the US a felony conviction, as well as MANY OTHER MINOR ISSUES, precludes you from owning a firearm. For example, if anyone files a protection order against you, justified or not, you cannot possess a gun. In many jurisdictions "red laws" will prevent you from owning guns if you have any kind of mental illness.

TOtally my bad... You are correct, I was totally mixed up ! Drunken post.... Had several tabs open and somehow merged 2 posts in my mind and replied to them as one...

So why are you taking off about guns in the US?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join