It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Thwart a plan to kidnap Governor Whitmer and take over the Capitol

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL. WTF are you going to do, try and ransom her? You'd get zero point zero dollars.

That’s all she is worth.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Something about this story has an odd feel to it. They needed 200 people, and IED’s? If it’s made up by her or someone I’d say throw them to the wolves. Seems like an attempt to go after legal militias now.

Well then I guess it's time to label blm and antifa as militias...

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: aimlessly
This is developing now in the my great state of Michigan. There is to be a press conference at 1:00 today and Gov. Whitmer will issue a statement at 3:00.

www.abc12.com...

I don't really know what to think about it at this point. I do not believe that the Michigan Militia itself is involved in this. I can believe that some members would, on their own, possibly try to carry out a plan like this though. Something to keep an eye on this afternoon.

I also don't think it's a militia plan (stinks to high hell as a set-up for them IMO) It's suspicious, and knowing her dislike of the groups, I'm willing to bet it's got her fingerprints on it somewhere in the shadows, so she can play the damsel in distress for sympathy. Wouldn't put it past her at ALL.

And you and I both know while this is not something to throw weight behind, we both know damn well a HUGE chunk of this state's population just groaned in unison in disappointment.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Am i alone in wondering why the fbi can't do anything like this for republicans?

Seems they are only capable of catching criminals who try to do bad things to democrats....

Kinda odd.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Warning to everyone about this story.

The FBI framed the Michigan militia in 2010 over a joke about a cop funeral.

It was thrown out of court after about a year I think.

I was in contact with a member of the militia as it happened.
Be very weary of this story at this point.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
And this just one day after a terrible debate by Harris.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can't wait for trumps response. I will be epic!! trump needs to chose his words very carefully as most American voters are political moderates.
edit on 8-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I take it this was/is an FBI investigation.....they had a mole planted, yet there's all the silly talk about it being 'made up', they wouldn't do it, the senator faked it, blah, feckin' blah!

What does it take to happen for people to believe any investigation....Jesus coming down in a rocket, and slapping everyone's face?

There's always Trump I suppose!

edit on 8-10-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Agreed. The protests by 2A members infuriated her. Just recently there was an attempt to prevent weapons at the capitol and it was shot down...no pun intended.

I believe she would try to link anything she can to the militia's to try to get that through.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I’d say two-bit and another word...bu5 I am opinionated.

Anyone fax this story to DeWine over in Ohio yet?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: oriondc

originally posted by: frogs453
They planned on kidnapping her and taking her to a "secure" location in Wisconsin for a "a trial". This plot started June with meetings and planned tactical training including making IEDs according to the FBI docs. This is sick.

You're assuming it's true, and not being used as a reason to crack down on groups/people they don't like.

What's interesting is what they haven't yet said at least on FOX. They've referenced gang membership, but they haven't referenced anything about which ones. Not all militias are right wing. Left wingers have their militants too. The other thing is that the left has been openly talking about Civil War recently to the extent of planning it pending the election outcome. So merely saying they were trying to start a Civil War with this is no guarantee of one way or the other. We all know this.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: oriondc

originally posted by: frogs453
They planned on kidnapping her and taking her to a "secure" location in Wisconsin for a "a trial". This plot started June with meetings and planned tactical training including making IEDs according to the FBI docs. This is sick.

You're assuming it's true, and not being used as a reason to crack down on groups/people they don't like.

What's interesting is what they haven't yet said at least on FOX. They've referenced gang membership, but they haven't referenced anything about which ones. Not all militias are right wing. Left wingers have their militants too. The other thing is that the left has been openly talking about Civil War recently to the extent of planning it pending the election outcome. So merely saying they were trying to start a Civil War with this is no guarantee of one way or the other. We all know this.

I believe it was trump that told his rightwing proud boiz to "standby" if the election didn't go his way. "Stand by" for what? Perhaps this Michigan deal was just a training exercise.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Possibly dealing with sovereign-citizen ideology.

They also reached out to members of Michigan militia groups, so it's not clear that Michigan militia groups are directly involved.

One of the Michigan who’s been charged then reached out to a Michigan-based militia for assistance with the plan, the court filing said.

So it boils down to an interstate group of people who are all members of militia groups, not the same one, who all thought they needed to end the lock downs. They are all possibly of the sovereign-citizen mindset (this is from reading court filings and isn't explicitly stated but implied), and they then plotted together and possibly tried to go and recruit their various groups to join them in this plot.

How much they succeeded is unknown.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don’t trust the FBI any more.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

Are you especially traumatised?

Guess what....the entire globe is traumatised.
Expected fall out when you have a pandemic shutting down the entire world.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
Warning to everyone about this story.

The FBI framed the Michigan militia in 2010 over a joke about a cop funeral.

It was thrown out of court after about a year I think.

I was in contact with a member of the militia as it happened.
Be very weary of this story at this point.

The FBI has been caught entrapping so-called terrorists many times in the past. I'm almost willing to bet that it will turn out the FBI "informant" was integral in advancing this plot, and the charges will end up getting thrown out as entrapment.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

I am an American citizen, regardless of the restrictions I am free, I have a lot of control over what happens in my life, most of it in fact, but that doesn't mean it doesn't impact my life through areas I cannot control, the ones who do control that have done the wrong thing, they need to be overthrown.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

Am i alone in wondering why the fbi can't do anything like this for republicans?

Seems they are only capable of catching criminals who try to do bad things to democrats....

Kinda odd.

Oh, I'm sure they do, and probably just as well, but we never hear about them is my bet. Why put a "saved" Republican on a pedestal when you can have a smarmy Democratic manipulation expert up there to fawn over instead? Bonus points being Whitmer's a she and not a he, nobody gives much of a damn when men are threatened (not my personal belief at all, but you know damn well in today's gender climate, that's how it rolls)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Teikiatsu is wondering if one of the members of the militia groups in question turned the conspirators in after they tried to recruit them not liking where they were going.

It's one thing to be upset over where the governors went, and it's another thing to foment open armed rebellion too.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007
As I thought, you are not especially hard done by.
We are all free, and none of us are free.
Wherever you happen to have been born.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join