It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God a product of evolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So the most popular scientific view on consciousness is that it emerged from our processing power.
We've probably all seen the pictures comparing the neuron connections to a picture of the universe and it's similar.

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

So if our neuron connections can create emerging consciousness, and the universe is similar then it's plausible the universe has consciousness also.
I know it's a leap but I'm trying to prove God here, leaps are necessary.

Would you accept a God who didn't create the universe but IS the universe?
edit on 8-10-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Nope- god is your creator and you will meet him as friend or foe one day. we all will. what does the bible say about mans intellect?
1 Corinthians 1:18-19 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

it indeed takes as much faith to believe something came from nothing( evolution has a starting point), then to believe god made the heaves and the earth and all that reside in it. He will not force anyone to comply. You will end up where you choose.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Something like that makes more sense to me. If you look at what we know about life here. Everything is a living system inside a living system inside a living system.

If you shrink down to a microscopic level and go inside a person or animal, cells essentially become singular living beings part of the larger system of your body. On a larger macro scale, most organisms are part od large interdependent living ecosystems that in many ways function as a single living organism. If a species is removed from an ecosystem, it completely changes the balance of it, sometimes destroying it entirely.

Our whole planet is a living system of interdependent ecosystems, each of which functions as what might as well be organs for the planet.

Our planet being part of some even greater interconnected system beyond our comprehension, God or whatever, wouldn't necessarily surprise me that much.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: daboxfan
what does the bible say about mans intellect?

Good point.
I probably shouldn't trust what you or anyone else has to say.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yes...
Human evolution progressed to self awareness and finally with the manifestation of imagination and the comprehension of mortality.

The fear of death and it's finality left a need for a destination after death.

It's also a great way to control people..

I pissed off a cousin when I told her she would be Muslim if she was born in Afghanistan or Hindi if she was born in India.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That's a good point, we don't understand fully how bacteria affects our motivations.
We should probably look closer at that before we assume to understand God.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hmmm that's not quite what I meant but aight that works.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I agree with that, however I'm not pushing for an afterlife here.
I'm not even pushing for a personal connection with God.

Just that it's plausible that a consciousness far greater than our own may have emerged just like ours did, but on a grander scale.

I would assume my "God" in this situation has already made up his own deities just like we did.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
God is the cause of the evolving Universe.
God does not evolve, but creates/emanates evolving systems.
Only some of these are material.

The consciousness of living beings, is emergent.
It emerges from the God consciousness, which is not

We interact with God, by interacting with the Universe and choosing outcomes.
Also through the 2 parts of the Trinity.

To think that these beliefs come about through fear of death, is simplistic.
Mostly the come from 1st hand accounts of super natural experiences.

edit on 0000001011481011America/Chicago08 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I enjoy thinking about these questions too.

Imho, the universe is definitely intelligent.

My reasoning is that because humans are not separate from, but are in fact part of the universe, then the universe must also be intelligent, because humans are.

These guys explain it much better then me.

“We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself.”
- Carl Sagan

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

- Bill Hicks

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Is God a product of evolution?

Yes. 1st their were the Greek gods, then the Roman gods.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Logic is universal, absolute and infinite. One must remove themselves from the equation to see the truth.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We are our own God.

We are physical manifestations of thought energy.

Consciousness without form would be our natural state — until we choose to enter a physical world.

Could there be a “First” energy? A “First” consciousness? I suppose it’s possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If God is the universe then what created the universe?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

That is a good question.

I definitely don't know anything for sure.

But I believe that God/The Universe has always existed in some form. There has always been existence.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I'm not in any way religious but this fits my beliefs perfectly and I see the universe as being holographic in nature thus having consciousness in beings means it stems from the whole and is represented in whole within each person. Individual interpretations may vary.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As far as answers go I'm satisfied with CCC and conformal geometry.

Scale is meaningless and without mass there is no passing of time.
Thats deep enough for me

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Would God have an Ego though, or self aware? An omnipresent intelligence that is said to be a creator an destroyer, that can out think everything, yet not imposing it own dominance on free will sounds like it would be all over the place.
edit on 8-10-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to have annoyed both theists and atheists.

In this time of polarisation I take that as a positive.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
One useful concept from the Eastern philosophies, which is also completely useless (sorta like God), is that the only thing we can state about God is what He (her, it) is not.

As useless as that comment is, it saved me from further waste of scratch for philosophy classes ...mileage may vary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join