It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s medical bill would cost an average American citizen at least $100k, report says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I am so glad to live in Canada...it would cost me nothing.

The US is a mess.

Um, yea....

Canada has less of a population then California, for one.

And are going just as broke as California is trying to pay for "free" health care.

Not to mention the wait times for anything worse then a sprained ankle.

I'm not going to live in PEI and have to wait 49 WEEKS for an MRI, for instance.

I can go get one here tomorrow if I needed to.

So no... keep your failed medical system.

edit on 7-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It didn't fail me...I got in to get surgery within a month.

I'll keep my "failed" healthcare system that cost me nothing.

And yes, I agree, our debt is ridiculous....our politicians are as bad as yours.
edit on 7-10-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Lumenari

I guess you missed him speaking an hour ago where he wants everyone to get the treatment he did, he is going to use the military to deliver the drugs to our hospitals and it will be free to us.

Will the Mexicans be paying for this as well or will the bill eventually be handed to the American taxpayers? Free....yeah right!

"shrugs"

Odd that a leftist has a problem with tax spending....

Oh Wait! They will only have a problem with it when it benefits the AVERAGE American citizen and Orange Man does it...

~shrug~

I'm a capitalist. I've always said the American taxpayer should get the same kind of health care the Senators and Congressmen receive at taxpayers expense.

I actually do.

Because I'm a capitalist and can afford it.

You must suck at this capitalist thing to not be able to do the same...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Actually trump is commander in chief....aka...military and his hospital bill would be free.

And as for all the foreigners calling their healthcare "free"... It's not.. You pay for it every day with your higher taxes... But sure... Free

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Its not "free" we all have to pay taxes.
The only two things that you can be sure of is death and taxes....and if it pays for healthcare, I am all for my tax dollars going there.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I’m cool with it too but so many people in this country believe it’s free..

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Actually trump is commander in chief....aka...military and his hospital bill would be free.

To Trump it's free. The tax payer is footing the bill.

The point of the thread is the incredible cost of receiving the level of health he needed following his infection diagnosis. The vast majority of Americans will not have that access.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

THAT is SPECTACULAR!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I am sorry if I dragged this off topic.
I am just very opinionated.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
exactly I'll believe it when I see it

I guess you missed him speaking an hour ago where he wants everyone to get the treatment he did, he is going to use the military to deliver the drugs to our hospitals and it will be free to us.

Will the Mexicans be paying for this as well or will the bill eventually be handed to the American taxpayers? Free....yeah right!

"shrugs"

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

To Trump it's free. The tax payer is footing the bill.

The point of the thread is the incredible cost of receiving the level of health he needed following his infection diagnosis. The vast majority of Americans will not have that access.

Trump says he wants it to be free. He said the dems are playing games and he's ready to deploy the Nat'l Guard for distribution. Should happen in Nov so we'll get to see very soon just how expensive it will be to Americans.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

"shrugs"

Odd that a leftist has a problem with tax spending....

Oh Wait! They will only have a problem with it when it benefits the AVERAGE American citizen and Orange Man does it...

~shrug~

I'm a capitalist. I've always said the American taxpayer should get the same kind of health care the Senators and Congressmen receive at taxpayers expense.

I actually do.

Because I'm a capitalist and can afford it.

You must suck at this capitalist thing to not be able to do the same...

Don't worry about me....

Actually I am getting some of my tax money back. I'm a senior on Medicare but still working for a living but I'd do it for free, it's that much fun!!!

Union Proud.....www.sagaftra.org... www.iatse.net...

edit on 7-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

Trump says he wants it to be free

Trump says a lot of things.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I broke my neck and got in FAST.
Spent 3 months in an aspen collar and it cost nothing....all the doc had to do was mark URGENT on the paper.

I also walked around with a broken neck for a long time and had no idea other than my feet going numb.
They were REALLY good to me.....and it cost me NOTHING!!!

Hey Drums, broken neck! Ouch! I am happy to hear it worked out. For the most part my experiences have been ok but I stay away as much as possible.

My wife and two of my friends wives weren’t so lucky and my bro in-law and dad both had delayed surgeries for heart related issues and both passed before it happens. Ten years apart. My dad’s family doctor was disgusted with the whole process and felt so bad about it that my mom ended up comforting him😀

I think most medical systems in first world countries have good and bad components. I think a public and private system that is run well would be best. Here in Canada some surgeons fill their quota and would be able to take on paying patients that can afford to pay. If managed correctly it could shorten wait times for those not able to pay.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I broke my neck and got in FAST.
Spent 3 months in an aspen collar and it cost nothing....all the doc had to do was mark URGENT on the paper.

I also walked around with a broken neck for a long time and had no idea other than my feet going numb.
They were REALLY good to me.....and it cost me NOTHING!!!

Hey Drums, broken neck! Ouch! I am happy to hear it worked out. For the most part my experiences have been ok but I stay away as much as possible.

My wife and two of my friends wives weren’t so lucky and my bro in-law and dad both had delayed surgeries for heart related issues and both passed before it happens. Ten years apart. My dad’s family doctor was disgusted with the whole process and felt so bad about it that my mom ended up comforting him😀

I think most medical systems in first world countries have good and bad components. I think a public and private system that is run well would be best. Here in Canada some surgeons fill their quota and would be able to take on paying patients that can afford to pay. If managed correctly it could shorten wait times for those not able to pay.

Yes, I wish they would quit fighting the private clinics. They balk at the idea because it's then a multi tiered system. I say..so what. It lightens the load on the public system. And it would not diminish the public system..it should run better..in theory

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well , damn , he is the President of the United States of America .

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
"Wizard's First Rule"

edit on 10/7/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well , damn , he is the President of the United States of America

You need to understand the point of the OP instead of getting politically defensive. This isn't the forum nor the thread for it.

The president required $100k worth of meds in the first instance to deal with this infection. Now take that into account for other americans who may require similar in the company months. Unless that vaccine comes soon, people have no hope.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Gothmog

Well , damn , he is the President of the United States of America

You need to understand the point of the OP instead of getting politically defensive. This isn't the forum nor the thread for it.

The president required $100k worth of meds in the first instance to deal with this infection. Now take that into account for other americans who may require similar in the company months. Unless that vaccine comes soon, people have no hope.

No one is being "politically defensive"
I imagine every leader of every country gets the same kinda treatment.
Yet , you just keep doubling down...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thanks to Obamacare, most Americans have health insurance.

The deductible next year goes up to $8,100 out of pocket, but that's less than $100,000.

The cost of "affordable" health care in ca after subsidies were removed is about half the cost monthly of rent in my area.

44 million Americans are uninsured, and eight out of ten of these are workers or their dependents. Why is being uninsured a problem? About 44 million people in this country have no health insurance, and another 38 million have inadequate health insurance.

Healthcare Crisis: The Uninsured - PBSwww.pbs.org

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join