It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has the US adopted political ideologies as their new religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
Ok I need to rant about how politics has leaked into every aspect of social media. I was in a FB group for Geeky/Nerdy stuff most of the posts are funny post about some Marvel or DC movies. But one of the Admins posted some article from some FB political page, and I rarely post political things but I replied to this dude post, (cause I am frustrated I can't go anywhere and not hear about politics) well that was the wrong thing to do and I got a whole crap storm on me. One of the users were like this group is full of very liberal members and they would rather make fun of you and call you names. So the admin can post a political thing and no one says anything but a member can comment on it and all hell break loose.

Why has this country adopted political ideologies as their new religion? Its freaking discussing and this wonderful idea of well if you don't agree with me you must be for the other team so I hate you, really shows how narrow minded ppl have become.

Just makes me want to vote for president out of hate rather than logic.

I think you all are the most open minded and free thinking people on the internet, Thank you ATSers

You are absolutely right and it is a little scary.

On The Straight Dope Message board I posted the story about how watching with my Dad when I was 9 years old seeing Nixon get on Marine One and resign. Asked him what does that mean for us? He said Absolutley nothing tomorrow I'll go to work you will go to school and life will go on pretty much the same it always had. That was his view on politics and he was right it's a bunch of BS and we still have to live our lives.

LOL well I was hit with "Let me guess you are white and rich" and "now it's different" along with "you are racist and a bigot"? have no idea where that came from. LOL they were insulted that I even inferred there was no reason to be zealots about politics one way or another.

I used to post on Straight Dope, search for Rickymouse there. I have done mega research on things since I was there. I tried to log in but I don't have a clue what my password is anymore. That and the physics site I belonged to were long ago are not accessable anymore unless I start a new account. I may have done that with Straight Dope a while back, but I think it may be a different variation of the name..

Love the Straightdope if you can avoid the politics

LOL I will, it's fervently left so much so it's actually hilarious and very Chicagoy with it originating from the Chicago Reader LOL they seem still pro Jessie Smollet LOL. But I like seeing and reading about the other side. Pretty much everybody doesn't think Biden's gonna win they know Biden is gonna win.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg
This restores my faith that there is still intelligence among the ashes of ATS.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
When a nation rejects religion which the US basically has. The people look somewhere else for "religion".

Humans have an innate need to believe in something bigger than themselves. Since liberals are now the ones who scream the loudest, they are dominating the social media.

The liberals have called Christians toxic and even terrorists. Amy Barrett is being chastised by the liberals as unfit for public office because she is Catholic.

There has never been a time in human history when humans did not worship something as a God.

Psychologically, humans seem to have a need to connect with something bigger than themselves that they feel can "fix" the world around them and solve their problems.

Since liberals have roundly made Christianity something to hide and never ever speak about in public, and are even threatening Jews now, like in NY. The Democrats have shuttered churches for months due to covid, while encouraging BLM massive gatherings. Cuomo who allowed BLM massive protests in the streets is threatening Jews with shuttering Yeshiva's and Synagogues.

The Democrats and liberals have made it seem not just uncool but utterly evil and immoral to have religious faith these days, except Islam which is very cool.

Humans/People need something to believe in that they feel they can appeal to to fix the problems around them. So that leaves only one socially acceptable solution. Political parties are becoming the new religion of especially the liberal and Democratic Party masses. The sacraments for the liberals are completely and totally unfettered sexual acts/behavior and voting. They take their doctrine so seriously that they riot and commit violence to prevent anyone from speaking to young people on campuses who don't hold firm to leftist doctrine.

The US Constitution doesn't allow for one religious order to control everyone who isn't Christian and apply religious rules only applicable to that one group. So, that leads to the dilemma that you must either abandon your insistence that your particular group has the right to accuse, legislate and convict people who have comitted no civil crime, or abandon the US Constitution.

Since many of the things that the evangelical lobby are claiming is against God's law is not actually explicitly in the New Testament (which superseded the old covenant) at all (things like abortion and many gender issues), I would suggest you reevaluate how 'Christian' the prosperity gospelists, televangelists and right-leaning evangelicals actually are.

I'm for the separation of church and state that Christian thinkers like St Augustine, and much later, reformationists, have endeavoured to put into our political systems for over a thousand years. Remember all that monarchist 'divine right to rule' crap that revolutions such as the American one overturned? That was, in part, the separation of church and state.

Christian faith is directly between the Christian and their God. There is no mediator, neither priest nor government.

But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Christ. The greatest among you shall be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. - Matthew 23:8-12.

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time. 1 timothy 2:5-6.

Claiming that these right-wing edicts are 'Christian' rules is taking the Lord's name in vain.

edit on 7/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Psilocyborg
This restores my faith that there is still intelligence among the ashes of ATS.

Back in the seventies your remark would be insulting, calling someone a Nerd like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join