It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus The Son Of Man Infers There Are Also Jesus The Sons Of Other Beings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Jesus is the SUN of man. The light of the world who gives his life for us. The sun gives us light and life on earth. Without the SUN nothing would live. No man owns the sun so they called it Gods Sun.

The 12 desciples are 12 signs of the zodiac.
The virgin Mary is the virgin Mare, Mare is the latin word for sea.

The four books are the four seasons.

It's why Christians say Amen after each prayer. Amen Ra is the ancient egyptian Sun god. Christianity is a re-hash of the ancient egyptian relgion created by Julias Caesar meant to unite the world with one religion.

Jesus or any characters in the bible never actually existed, it's pure astrology. Astrotheology.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Jesus is the SUN of man. The light of the world who gives his life for us. The sun gives us light and life on earth. Without the SUN nothing would live. No man owns the sun so they called it Gods Sun.

It's why Christians say Amen after each prayer. Amen Ra is the ancient egyptian Sun god. Christianity is a re-hash of the ancient egyptian relgion created by Julias Caesar meant to unite the world with one religion.

Jesus or any characters in the bible never actually existed, it's pure astrology. Astrotheology.

I never end my prayers with "amen". I usually end my talks with my Creator/Father with a "thank you" or maybe an "I love you".
I don't subscribe to religious rituals.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants
1) You don't mean "infers". You mean "implies".
2) "Son of man" is Hebrew for "human". Hebrew uses "son of" in all sorts of odd ways, so we can't take it literally all the time. Somewherein the OT "You are a son of death" is the literal Hebrew behind the translation "You deserve to die".
3) When Jesus calls himself "Son of man", he is deliberately identifying himself with the "Son of man" figure of Daniel ch7, who comes to help in the judgement of the world and is then given an eternal kingdom.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Now as far as I know, to people who saw Jesus it was readily apparent that the body He inhabited was the body of a human being and not something else....and I don't believe that's ever been in dispute.

Well, according to the story, Mary and Joseph didn't have sex. She was visited by an angel and them she got pregnant.

So Jesus was the product of some sort of artificial insemination and that makes him not 100% human.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Jesus was a demigod.

Mortal mother/Divine Father

This thread gives too much provenance to the  Christian demigod:

What of the 27 Greek, 5 Roman, 11 Polynesian, 20 Hindu, 3 Norse, 2 Celtic, and the original demigod Gilgamesh?

Their God's not valid anymore? They all draw from the same spiritually driven well of meaning.

Anyway...

If the concepts of string theory are true then there are universes with different initial causes, starting conditions, and laws of physics. Even ones without creation.

It is infinite. Infinite sets of infinities.  This has to include mysticism. Every possible mystical belief HAS to be believed in every variation on every possible version of Earth. There must also be versions where intelligent life never came up with concept to begin with.

There literally is no limit.
edit on 7-10-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
As it goes, some 2000 years ago God (or as I refer to Him, "Father") took on a material form here on Earth as the male offspring of a human being, a son of a member of mankind....or Son of Man, if you will.

Now as far as I know.

“As far as you know”, based on what exactly?
Your comprehension of Hebraic interpretation, biblical exegesis, Greek writings or just chasing waterfalls.
Just why? Because you want to believe, you want to make a n alien narrative

Adam means man, Jesus became a human, a man, became like us, it’s not about aliens, Jesus came to show us Gods love and you, like a prosperity gospel teacher pervert that message, just why
It’s just not there, go study, go read the bible, there are inter dimensional beings, aliens, demons or angels, not spacemen

Just why?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: booyakasha

I never end my prayers with "amen". I usually end my talks with my Creator/Father with a "thank you" or maybe an "I love you".
I don't subscribe to religious rituals.

So you ritually say thank you or I love you, hmm, really?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

You might be on to something...

These quotes mirror the teachings of Jesus..
edit on 7-10-2020 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

That would infer that there were other beings, mankind might be one in the universe.

Things might also have been done differently on other worlds.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sounds suspiciously Mormon to me...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Jesus called his cousin John the Baptist a "son of a woman," which I understand to be kind of an insult. Basically, "son of a bitch."

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
"Man born of woman" is a slightly redundant expression meaning "a man".
In the verse you're referencing, Jesus is comparing John with lots of other men "born of woman" and saying that John is the greatest of them.
Paul describes Jesus himself as "born of woman", meaning that he was born fully human (Galatians ch 4 vv4).
When someone in Job says "man born of woman is full of troubles", he means men in general (Job ch14 v1).
When the witches told Macbeth that he could be killed by "no man of woman born", he took that to mean "no man at all", and only a typically Shakespearian quibble prevented him from being right.
Not an insult.

edit on 7-10-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Bar Enash (son of man) can be literally translated as that which comes from humanity. I think he's referring to a new emerging property of the human condition that goes beyond the material Egyptian slave consciousness.

"Foxes have dens, birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head"

As shown by his ascension, he dematerialized and beckoned anyone to come follow him if they're willing to leave Egypt behind

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
"Man born of woman" is a slightly redundant expression meaning "a man".
In the verse you're referencing, Jesus is comparing John with lots of other men "born of woman" and saying that John is the greatest of them. [...]
Not an insult.

Well, considering that Jesus never called himself that indicates pretty heavily that he saw John, even as the greatest of ordinary people, as a weaker, inferior person, certainly when compared to himself. Jesus was pretty good at this kind of back-handed compliment.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Well, considering that Jesus never called himself that indicates pretty heavily that he saw John, even as the greatest of ordinary people, as a weaker, inferior person, certainly when compared to himself. Jesus was pretty good at this kind of back-handed compliment.

He called him the greatest of those born of women. For all time. Jesus was born of God, and made the distinction that anyone born of God is greater than those born of a woman. He's alluding to the born again transformation (which so many falsely claim to have completed).
edit on 7-10-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Son of man" means human.
"Born of woman" means human.
Ordinarily, they mean the same thing.
The only contrast implied in the verse you're referencing is that those who belong to the kingdom are "born of woman", like everybody else, but also "born of the Spirit" (see the conversation with Nicodemus).

Reading into texts the meaning that you want to see is never a good way of interpreting scripture. That's just reading in bad faith. We need to go by what the words were intended to mean, which is achieved by examining the context and comparing other usage.

edit on 7-10-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: drewlander

I cannot recall Jesus being referred to as the "son of man" in the bible.

actually he used that term quite a bit when referring to himself...

Matthew 12
For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the translation is wrong .

All these years taken out of context , Perhaps what Jesus said was I am " A son of God " not " The son of God " .

The Essenes a Tribe/Group many surmise Jesus originated from literally called them selves " Son's of God " .

Jesus serially called Himself "the Son of Man", not 'the Son of God', and therefore was not using the Essene epithet.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Now as far as I know, to people who saw Jesus it was readily apparent that the body He inhabited was the body of a human being and not something else....and I don't believe that's ever been in dispute.

Well, according to the story, Mary and Joseph didn't have sex. She was visited by an angel and them she got pregnant.

So Jesus was the product of some sort of artificial insemination and that makes him not 100% human.

Parthenogenesis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jesus could also be entirely human, with the genetic material from His mother only.

We don't actually know what went on in there.

edit on 7/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

An interesting idea, but if Jesus was incarnated many times and saved all those species using the same modus, it would be lots of re-sacrificing of Christ going on.

I'm fairly sure that would be contrary to the "once and for all" nature of his sacrifice as noted in; Romans 6:9-10, Hebrews 7:27, Hebrews 9:24-28, Hebrews 10:10, Hebrews 10:14 and 1 Peter 3:18, 2 Corinthians 5:14-15

Also Jesus became sin at the Crucifixion and therefore to be sacrificed at other times, he could not be 'sinless' at those other sacrifices. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Also in Acts 4:12 it says that no one can be saved by any name except by Jesus (but it also has a few qualifiers).

But an interesting thought, none the less.

Great points👍

The original sin was committed by man (Adam and Eve).
I have always had my doubts that other physical sentient beings share this universe with us because of that.

God is just and fair and I personally don’t believe that he would condemn other beings for what man did.

That action in the Garden of Eden set off a domino effect in all of Creation. They immediately died as God promised. It took a while for them to lay down but they were spiritually dead at the moment of their sin. Like a cut rose they still looked alive but over time they wilted and passed on.

I don’t believe blame would be put on another sinless being. It is not in God’s nature.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Son of Man been used a few times in the different books by other notable biblical figures, like Elijah or Ezekiel, all the while Jesus claims to be "the Son of Man" in a singular sense.

Son(s) of God on the other hand been used in another context other then the Christian sense of Jesus being the sole son of god. Seems like it were used to denote supernatural beings like the pagan usage of spirits/supernatural beings. Odd that the small amount of it usage often relates to Satan, which has may hold huge significance to translation.

It does seem like a huge contradiction in the religious sense that Jesus would claim to be both a son of a man, and son of a god. Then again, in the Trinitarian sense, he one in the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join