It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus - The one you're not getting...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So this saddens me. Sickens me even.

Many of us are pro Trump but today... I'm not so much.

Apparently, he's holding the Stimulus back from the people who are really needing it right now. The planet and most of all, our country is upside down and the only thing that helped was the stimulus package that gave a little to those (and others) who really needed that to hang on until this crap was over.

So now Trump says NO.... NOT until after the election. Why? This has nothing to do with politics (of course they made it so) and has everything to do with taking care of the people in this country who's lost jobs, lost hours (like myself) and those that can barely make ends meet because of this virus. It makes me so mad that instead of laying off the people with a great incentive (2 paychecks per year with the company)... my company decided to just cut hours so drastically, just barely over the legal limit so they wouldn't be pegged for it... But wont lay the people off. They expect people like us to just work for minimal hours, barely scraping by.

Get another job? Yeah... At my age and this crazy stuff going on... Likely not going to happen. Too many people are out of work right now.

So wtf Trump.... Why are you playing this game? I thought it wasn't political? THIS is political. THIS is personal.

Somehow I think I'm not the only one that feels this way (among the people who worked their a## off to get where they are now only to have just another major corporation screw over their people. This is just all kinds of messed up in so many ways. Trump may not be the blame for what My company is doing to us but he damn sure has the ability to stop this BS and help the people who are struggling their a##es off right now!!!

Trump cuts off stimulus relief talks until after election, upending prospects for aid

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I cannot say that I ever expected "free money" to get me by. I suppose I am lucky. Still voting Trump, and here is the reason. I am sure the legislative deal to make it happen had a bunch of dirt in it that they refused to budge on. In that Trump is doing the right thing by informing you that it became too political and will therefore be dealt with after the election. Which is now less than 30 days away.

edit on 6-10-2020 by Fools because: ...

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi has to present a valid proposal,
which she has not done. It falls on her actually.

She was too busy with her hair and ice cream.

Trump is just highlighting her failure.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Why are you blaming this on Trump? Pelosi won't negotiate unless all of her pork is added in. She wants $2.4 trillion, Trump is only trying to do $1.6 trillion.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Get another job? Yeah... At my age and this crazy stuff going on... Likely not going to happen. Too many people are out of work right now.

Same for their mask, no mask, mask sometimes as though this is not effecting anyone's lives!
Businesses close no you can open with a few people no you have to be outside, no inside is ok if you are distanced but no mask, no must have masks again! You can gather if under 20, no 30, no 50, no gatherings at all!!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
He's not in his right mind. He just retweeted

BREAKING: Fed Chair Powell calls for more help from Congress, says there’s a low risk of ‘overdoing it’ cnbc.com...

He labeled it True!
This country is not being led by a sane person. 3 hours later and he is now in support?

Twitter

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

He's hoping Republicans will regain the House and retain Senate (as are all patriotic Americans), then this crap can go much easier. Pelosi is a hateful, intolerant bum who wants to line her pockets.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You’re blaming Trump for what exactly?

Trumps offer is 1.6 Trillion to 2.4 Trillion filled with Pork.

You do the math and decide.
edit on 6-10-2020 by Arnie123 because: Off by .2

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I cannot say that I ever expected "free money" to get me by. I suppose I am lucky. Still voting Trump, and here is the reason. I am sure the legislative deal to make it happen had a bunch of dirt in it that they refused to budge on. In that Trump is doing the right thing by informing you that it became too political and will therefore be dealt with after the election. Which is now less than 30 days away.

Sure but he needs to explain that to the people. Nothing less.

It's not "free" money. I look at it like a refund from all of the taxes they take from me every day, every paycheck, every year. I work extremely hard for the money I make and when you take that from me, then it needs to be compensated. Unfortunately it's above the line where I can claim it as a loss so I can collect partial income (they knew exactly what they were doing) but low enough to where it makes life a living hell. Prices on everything shot up after this BS virus. A Stimulus is needed. If you don't, good for you. Everyone isn't as fortunate as you.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
He's not in his right mind. He just retweeted

BREAKING: Fed Chair Powell calls for more help from Congress, says there’s a low risk of ‘overdoing it’ cnbc.com...

He labeled it True!
This country is not being led by a sane person. 3 hours later and he is now in support?

Twitter
Ugh, I take no joy in seeing a fellow human being incapable of being critical and unable to actually discern tweets.

Let me break it down for you, Pelosis wants 2.4 Trillion in pork, Trump says no, 1.6 Trillion, she balks and continues to obstruct. Trump says, NOPE and says lets do this after the election, which is less then a month away.

Him RT the Fed is saying, Pelosis, cut the BS pork out and get with the program, NO PORK, stick to the American people.

the audacity to even suggest Trump is insane because you’re unable to read.
edit on 6-10-2020 by Arnie123 because: Oops

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why are you blaming this on Trump? Pelosi won't negotiate unless all of her pork is added in. She wants $2.4 trillion, Trump is only trying to do $1.6 trillion.

Because he has the power over this. No one else does. It relies fully on him. If it's because of BS pork added, that's fine. He needs to say this. Otherwise, he's pissing on the american voters. This IS going to backfire if he doesn't step up and either do something, or say something.

He's the PoTUS. I hold him responsible.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Pelosi later speculated to Democratic colleagues on a conference call that the president’s sudden change in position might be connected to the steroids he’s taking as he battles covid-19.

How do you negotiate with someone who uses your sickness and treatment thereof to explain why the negotiations failed? It's loony and a clear indicator that Pelosi was in fact negotiating in bad faith.

Now don't get me wrong Trump and his team are just as much to blame for the breakdown in talks; but it is congresses job to pass a stimulus bill; they could do it even with out Trump on board... but they don't cause their Fed, and they use "Donald Trump" as a crutch to explain away their lack of leadership and neglect. Both of which will still exist once Trump leaves office.
edit on 6-10-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Because he has the power over this. No one else does. It relies fully on him. If it's because of BS pork added, that's fine. He needs to say this. Otherwise, he's pissing on the american voters. This IS going to backfire if he doesn't step up and either do something, or say something.

He's the PoTUS. I hold him responsible.
He literally just tweeted that out, what more do you want? Infact, HIS TWEETS ARE NOT RATIOED.

...AND NO, HE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO DO THIS, HENCE THE NEGOTIATIONS. House holds the Purse dude.

Just sounds like your pissed your ain’t getting a handout. I’m sorry you’re going through things, but this is Politics and we are literally telling you that Congress is Politically gridlocked because Orange Man Bad.

Even if the Stimulis talks went through, guess what??? It’ll be right around the time when Trump is re-elected, what? Did you think you’ll see that money next week? Or two, three weeks? Dude get real.

Point is, in that same exact time period, Trump can win again, both the House and Senate, immediately push out the aid without obstruction.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Folx... Don't confuse me being critical of Trump with being a Trump hater. I have said I have done... Hold him responsible for what I feel he is accountable for. This is one of them.

He's the big guy in office. He can start a fuss about it, bring it to light and explain it to the people. Saying and doing nothing is a cop out and this isn't something I would expect from Trump but... Currently I don't see anything else happening.

Yes... I get it. The dems want to fill this full of pork. So full, you could eat it for a lifetime, I'm sure. In THIS situation, you don't just cut off all coms on the issue and throw it on a back burner.

That's throwing peoples lives and well being on the back burner and THAT is what pisses me off.

Don't contort my talking points.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

This was beyond disappointing, I see kids sitting on stairs outside trying to get wi-fi for their hybrid classes. Many don’t have computers let alone housing as soon as the moratorium on evictions is lifted.

I saw a 4 pack of Scott toilet paper for 7.99 last week at stop & shop. Lots of price gouging going on, and everything is tripling in cost.

I have donated to WinRed a few times, now they can stuff it.

...... wishing Ghislane Maxwell good luck
Telling the proud boys to stand down and stand by (inciteful)
Driving in circles with SS while infected
Now just stop negotiations in regards to helping people/economy

All things that make you go hmmmmm.....

I’m disgusted with this BS!

edit on 6-10-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2020 by KTemplar because: Venting

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

He had recently claimed that they needed to keep negotiating to resolve this. His main complaint is that he does not want to help "blue" states. He basically said that the stimulus will come if he is elected again. Do you think the country feels that stimulus,unemployment benefits and help for small businesses is less important than his want to focus on his SCOTUS nominee?

He is now ranting on Twitter that the FDA should speed up and change their safety rules so that a vaccine will be available before the election. The man is a narcissistic loon.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You would think if congress really did care about their constituents they would pass the 1.6 and work on the other 0.8 after.

"The people are starving but we won't give them any of this food until we aquire more." What kinda loony logic is that?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Democrats are still pushing unrelated “wish-list items” that have nothing whatsoever to do with this crisis.

The $2.4 trillion package would act as a bailout to “poorly run, high crime, Democrat States.”

twitter.com... ef_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-calls-for-pause-on-coronavirus-stimulus-talks-until-after-the-election

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Democrats are still pushing unrelated “wish-list items” that have nothing whatsoever to do with this crisis.

The $2.4 trillion package would act as a bailout to “poorly run, high crime, Democrat States.”

twitter.com... ef_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-calls-for-pause-on-coronavirus-stimulus-talks-until-after-the-election

These are the items they disagree on. Seems like it could be worked out.

Democrats most recently proposed $436 billion in relief for state and local governments, while Mnuchin offered $250 billion in aid. Pelosi pushed to reinstate the $600 per week jobless benefit until January, but the White House proposed $400 weekly. Republicans also wanted liability protections for businesses and schools, which Democrats oppose. 

CNBC

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I look at it this way. This is a failure of congress basically to negotiate a deal. Trump really has no horse in the race until congress passes legislation, and at that point, he can either sign it, or veto it. By him giving it 30 days, what he is saying is that republicans should vote republican, and stay solid, otherwise, your going to get a dem house and senate, and possibly a dem president. If thats what you want, don't cry. That said, there was a deal on the table. Why didn't they agree to the deal then come back later for more? Dems wanted 2.4 T and the Reps wants 1.7 T. Sign the 1.7 T and come back for more later. Or compromise @ 2T or whatever. If both parties Truly wanted to help the american people, they would have compromised. Neither did, so they are all at fault IN CONGRESS. Trump is just saying, I got 30 days to get re-elected and I'm not dealing with this BS till either I have too, or I don't. If I don't have to deal with it, well Biden can then, good luck. If Trump gets elected, then he'll deal, if not, then not his issue, its Bidens headache.

Camain

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join