It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Fox "Phenomenon" out today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
EDIT:

Nevermind. The other "Phenomenon" was cheaper but it's not the correct movie.

So back to the original. There are no rentable versions of this, only a 20$ buy option. 14$ in SD.
edit on 6-10-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

123movies or popcorn time, will probably have it available for streaming by dinner time

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yes Sir!

Those are definitely some of my go-to streams. I'll check this eve since it's so new, it may have not hit yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Which astronauts? Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Exactly!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I read it's the most important documentary in history. They have gone all out with their marketing spin.

edit on 6-10-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How to know it is legit and gonna be spectacular????

BRAHMMMMMMMMM! BRAMMMMMMMMMM!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's only legit if it features George Knapp, Nick Pope, Linda Moulton Howe and contains a 20 minute segment on Roswell.

(note: I know absolutely nothing about this film bit the above statement applies to probably 75% of all documentaries)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So I have a Prime Video subscription but Amazon still wants me to pay to watch it... the joys of streaming services.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Watched the trailer. Production quality looks great and Peter Coyote as the narrator is nice (Out of the Blue).

Looks like it contains a lot of material on well-documented cases and events. We even have a token Jesse Marcel clip!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Yes Sir!

Those are definitely some of my go-to streams. I'll check this eve since it's so new, it may have not hit yet.
Did you find a working link?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Unfortunately they added Harry Reid.
Took down the perceived legitimacy to nearly 0.

Ah yes looks like he (they) jumped on the bandwagon towards the end of production.

Still looks like it will be worth a watch though - once made a thread on it and seem to remember that it's going to feature new schoolteacher testimony in the Ariel case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, a lovely doc with nothing really new ... as long as one really knows the history and latest; like the materials that defy explanation and such. It's an excellent overview/ summary of the modern UFO cases, but same ol' for those of us who keep abreast of such things with some attention.

It will persuade those who don't think the UFO/UAP matter to be serious to reconsider, I'd think.

I did enjoy some of the in depth and follow ups on older cases, like the Zimbabwe school... and the whole thing was very well executed and covered the salient points quite well.

One interesting quote from Cooper (or Mitchell - forgot which ex astronaut) was that the source of UAPs was not connected to the governments AT THIS TIME ... heavily alluding to a break away society being behind at least a portion of it. Also, had forgotten that the contact at the Zimb school stressed that tech was a problem... not that pollution or byproducts was necessarily the problem but that TECH was the problem. Referring to AI? Stagnation? Mind?

Thumbs up for execution... but nothing revelatory for those already knowing that UFOs are perhaps the most serious issue of our time, or at least up there in top three.

edit on 10/6/2020 by Baddogma because: eluding to alluding

edit on 10/6/2020 by Baddogma because: added point about tech

edit on 10/6/2020 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I watched the trailer. Looks like a reframing of everything that has already been released in other sources. I didn't see anything that might be new or unknown. Not sure it is worth the $20 price tag but more importantly is my time.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
So I have a Prime Video subscription but Amazon still wants me to pay to watch it... the joys of streaming services.

Same here and they wanna charge you 20$ for it. And they wonder why streaming is such a big deal.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Yes Sir!

Did you find a working link?

So far, nothing. Still checking now and then. None of my sites seem to have it yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just got done watching. I will say it is the best UFO doc I've seen not just for content, but the editing, flow, interviews etc all went together seamlessly. Extremely well produced.

I was familiar with almost all the cases, it was nice to hear more details about them I didn't know, and there were a few photos and videos I've never seen before. I guess the impression I'm left with is, most of the stories and cases seem more real after learning more about them. Jacques Vallee's inclusion (and input into the the making of the doc) did add more gravitas to the whole affair as well.

The doc has cemented many cases, even Roswell, as very likely unidentified objects, intelligently controlled by unknown intelligence, versus hearsay and unconfirmed stories. Worth a watch, even if you're relatively well educated in UFOs.

I guess I amy be a little more of a believer than I was before
edit on 10/6/2020 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Well, a lovely doc with nothing really new ... as long as one really knows the history and latest; like the materials that defy explanation and such. It's an excellent overview/ summary of the modern UFO cases, but same ol' for those of us who keep abreast of such things with some attention.

It will persuade those who don't think the UFO/UAP matter to be serious to reconsider, I'd think.

I did enjoy some of the in depth and follow ups on older cases, like the Zimbabwe school... and the whole thing was very well executed and covered the salient points quite well.

One interesting quote from Cooper (or Mitchell - forgot which ex astronaut) was that the source of UAPs was not connected to the governments AT THIS TIME ... heavily alluding to a break away society being behind at least a portion of it. Also, had forgotten that the contact at the Zimb school stressed that tech was a problem... not that pollution or byproducts was necessarily the problem but that TECH was the problem. Referring to AI? Stagnation? Mind?

Thumbs up for execution... but nothing revelatory for those already knowing that UFOs are perhaps the most serious issue of our time, or at least up there in top three.

Fantastic recap BD. Thanks for sharing. Pretty much what I expected.

And the gravy-train rolls right along... lol
edit on 6-10-2020 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
'The Phenomenon' updates the UFO debate through new Pentagon disclosures

Source Link: www.weny.com...

.......”The vintage footage also includes old interviews with the late astronaut Gordon Cooper, who experienced his own unexplained sighting while flying fighters in Germany in 1951; and former President Gerald Ford, who, while still a congressman, expressed his desire for greater transparency regarding the issue.“...

....”Unfortunately, Fox somewhat muddies the waters by employing dramatic recreations and visual effects to illustrate certain witness accounts, which feels unnecessary, given the video and photographic evidence. When dealing with a topic such as this, the less embroidery the better.“....

.......“film, and countless others, reflect how the prospect of alien visitors remains alternately thrilling and terrifying as conjured through the prism of science fiction. If you're intrigued by the topic at all -- and who isn't? -- this documentary might be a little too breathless, but it usefully updates the conversation through the flurry of activity over the last few years.“....

.....”For all that, the unknowns still vastly outnumber what can be stated with any certainty, even after decades of watching the skies.“.....

edit on 7-10-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join