It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let COVID dominate your life

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: The2Billies

That is the central problem with the left though. They have been living in fear for the last 4 years:

Trump is going to do this. Trump is going to do that. He is literally Hitler. I expect many of them were just waiting to be locked inside as it was never to see the light of day. Now they have this brilliant excuse to make everyone suffer like they have, so they take it.

This is #ing rich coming from the right. The right were hysterical with Obama saying he was gonna take our guns, bring in sharia law, put conservatives in FEMA camps and take a 3rd term and become the Antichrist dictator of the USA. Whats funny about that is not only did none of that happen, it all was PROJECTION because Trump is EVERYTHING the right said Obama was.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: JusticeIsComing

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: JusticeIsComing

Your mentality is the reason we're 8 months into this thing with no end in sight.

Your mentality is the reason cases continue to skyrocket as people continue to pretend everything is back to normal.

Your mentality is the reason my local movie theater closed down and I have to watch new releases on my phone.

We could have nipped this whole thing in the butt and it would have been way cheaper back in February if we just shut the country down and paid everybody a trillion dollars to stay home for three weeks but noooooo. MAH FREEDOMS!!! Any other day you'd be happy to stay home and watch Netflix for 20 straight hours but we have a novel virus that spreads simply by breathing and all the sudden 'IT'S MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO GO OUT AND COUGH ON EVERY SINGLE PERSON I SEE BECAUSE THIS IS 'MERICA!"

I'm not here to rescue you. I don't care about you. I just wanted you to know that you are the problem. You. And everyone who shares your mindset.

So thank you.

That's such BS look at other countries that did clampdown.

Ok.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

*shakes head*

People are trying to justify fear now.

Fear is bravery.

lolz

Of course. Courage is divisive and insensitive to the cowardly.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighasAkite

That is the central problem with the left though. They have been living in fear for the last 4 years:

Trump is going to do this. Trump is going to do that. He is literally Hitler. I expect many of them were just waiting to be locked inside as it was never to see the light of day. Now they have this brilliant excuse to make everyone suffer like they have, so they take it.

This is #ing rich coming from the right. The right were hysterical with Obama saying he was gonna take our guns, bring in sharia law, put conservatives in FEMA camps and take a 3rd term and become the Antichrist dictator of the USA. Whats funny about that is not only did none of that happen, it all was PROJECTION because Trump is EVERYTHING the right said Obama was.

Refresh my memory, can you link some CNN broadcasts? I'd love to hear Fredo or Don Lemon say that. Heck even Tucker or Hannity. Fact is you can't, because right wing fringe squawk is not the MSM narrative. Trump, on the other hand, can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting demonized on national news.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I found that the --- one an only --- steaming Bowl of Ramen noodles cloth face mask quite amusing. Developed by some oriental man, recently --- Once he breathed into it --- while on his face --- it would simulate steam rising off the bowl of soup. He would waft his hand over the bowl towards his glasses --- And they would fog up.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You sound angry and bitter about the fact that you feel like no one cares about you so you get enraged at the mere suggestion you should care about others. This is what sociopathy looks like. Makes sense.

So ciopathic traits linked to non-compliance with mask guidelines and other COVID-19 containment measures

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Many will get covid and have no symptoms.

So for many covid wasnt scary and didn't dominate their lives.

For others it was a nightmare.

Could not see family members in nursing homes, could not say goodbye, no funerals.

Not good.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Since you posted a clip of something trivial instead of the things I was speaking about, here I'll do the same.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: carewemust

Your right! And it was Anthony Fauci who said that
the risk from Covid was minuscule! Skip the mask
he said!

Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

People aren't mentally ready to learn this yet, but China-Fauci-Pelosi worked together to make Covid-19 really bad here, in order to get Joe Biden elected. China wants Joe badly. They walked all over Obama.

If this sh!t turns out to be another Democrat con game, it’s time to string those MFers up in the streets.

If President Trump calls for a "Patriot Uprising" to help clean things up, my targets are already chosen. And I know I won't be returning home again....at least not this Earthly home.

"Masochism is the ego state of suicide bombers, literal and political. It is a phenomenon nearly everyone understands but ignores collectively till it's to late."

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

he said!

Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

People aren't mentally ready to learn this yet, but China-Fauci-Pelosi worked together to make Covid-19 really bad here, in order to get Joe Biden elected. China wants Joe badly. They walked all over Obama.

If this sh!t turns out to be another Democrat con game, it’s time to string those MFers up in the streets.

If President Trump calls for a "Patriot Uprising" to help clean things up, my targets are already chosen. And I know I won't be returning home again....at least not this Earthly home.

So is everyone just gonna ignore the fact that we have an ATS member of 13 years who just admitted they have plans to murder people and expects the POTUS to give the order to do so?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

he said!

So is everyone just gonna ignore the fact that we have an ATS member of 13 years who just admitted they have plans to murder people and expects the POTUS to give the order to do so?

It's quite common here. Most are anticipating it without authorization from the President. It's prevalent in a lot of threads and supported by other members.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Are you attracted to narcissists like Trump?

"Narcissists can be charismatic, compelling, magnetic and hard to avoid. But if you keep walking straight into that trap over and over, you're definitely a masochist --- And an echoist, aka the opposite of a narcissist who's always falling for them."

edit on 7-10-2020 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

he said!

You want people to get outraged over what a keyboard warrior says on an obscure message board?

That's the problem with the reee culture; not everything is worth making a big deal over.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

In my opinion that road seems to go both ways these days. No one is willing to be both introspective about their own opinions and are completely unwilling to hear the opinions of others.

Instead most people just talk over each other; put words in the mouths of their opposition in order to paint them in the worst possible light; and then feel accomplished after "winning" an argument with themselves.

Obama and Trump where/are just ordinary men who clearly have ordinary agendas; neither is the monster their opposition have convinced themselves they are.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

he said!

You want people to get outraged over what a keyboard warrior says on an obscure message board?

That's the problem with the reee culture; not everything is worth making a big deal over.

That's beautiful. You call out someone who dares to mention that a member has plans to murder someone as overreacting, yet the people around here with plans to kill people are not called out for overreacting. The new ATS.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"The current Republican regime doesn't care about changing hearts and minds...they care about suppressing the vote. It may actually be the only way they will stand a chance at winning the 2020 election --- and they know it."

quote: Sarah Toce - October 7, 2020

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

As I predicted, Trump handled his illness like most people have done for the history of the human condition

The problem with that statement above is that most people aren't POTUS, the highest office in the land, with access to an abundance of medical support and technology. Trump is not like most people in history, and once again, this virus should not be taken lightly.

I'm no Trump supporter, but saying "Don't let COVID dominate your life" is not the same as saying "Don't take COVID seriously."

I agree that this virus should in fact be taken seriously. However, I also agree that fear of the virus should not be such an all-consuming thing that it takes over your life.

I think "Don't let it dominate your life" is great advice. I take a lot of things in my life seriously -- some very seriously. But I don't let any of those things consume me so much that it's all I ever think about.

edit on 2020/10/7 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

he said!

That's beautiful. You call out someone who dares to mention that a member has plans to murder someone as overreacting, yet the people around here with plans to kill people are not called out for overreacting. The new ATS.

More unneeded and overblown outrage.

I did not call anyone out. I replied with an answer to the posters question as to why no one seemed to care that another poster went keyboard warrior.

If we make everything worthy of outrage; than nothing is truly outrageous.
edit on 7-10-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

he said!

"Obscure"???

Heaven help me...

edit on 7-10-2020 by Erno86 because: added vid

edit on 7-10-2020 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Are you attracted to narcissists like Trump?

"Narcissists can be charismatic, compelling, magnetic and hard to avoid. But if you keep walking straight into that trap over and over, you're definitely a masochist --- And an echoist, aka the opposite of a narcissist who's always falling for them."

Trump supporters have a deep need for a strong daddy figure to protect them but since the only model they have for that is their own undoubtedly abusive/neglectful/absent failure of a father, they have no idea what real leadership, strength, compassion, empathy and love are. So they take the only guy who gives them attention and tells them he'll fight for them cause they're special. They've wanted that their entire lives and no ones gonna take that away from them even though deep down, they know its a lie. Living the lie is better than living the truth of feeling like an absolute nobody whos own parents wouldn't even love them. Thats also where they're so obsessed with Qanon saving children. They're displacing their childhood wish that someone would have saved them from their unloving authoritarian parents who made them believe they were so inherently bad, that they had to split and separate themselves into "good" parts and "bad" parts to which they get rid of the "bad" parts by projecting them onto "the left" so they can convince themselves they are all "good" and nothing at all like the evil left. When the reality is, the evil left they hate so much is really just the parts of themselves that developed because of their childhood abuse that they can't accept as part of who they are because that would bring back all those feelings of self hatred and shame and realization of how empty they are. So they fight their internal battle externally using the left as a mirror when really they're just in a war with themselves because they can't stand who they really are.

The bond between a malignantly narcissistic leader and his followers, created by a narcissistic collusion — the belief in each other's specialness and exceptional greatness — is virtually unbreakable. To sever it, those individuals who worship and unreservedly trust their leader would have to experience a life-shattering catastrophe for which the leader would be directly and indisputably responsible. But even, then their need to maintain their beliefs and thus their identity would likely override reality and even solidify their beliefs in the leader's specialness and infallibility, and, by association, their own.

We can actually see this in Trump's supporters' reactions to the pandemic in general and his own infection specifically. They deny the reality and severity of the pandemic and act accordingly, endangering themselves and others; and when they can no longer do so, they attribute it to nefarious plots designed to harm their leader and his plans to restore the country's — and their own — greatness. Trump's own illness has introduced some cognitive dissonance into those beliefs, which his supporters are trying to minimize by blaming it on others and shifting focus to other subjects."

"What people need to understand about many of his followers is that in their need for a parental figure who will take care of them, his position alone justifies whatever he does, and any exposure of his fraudulence and criminality will be experienced as an existential threat to them, which is why it only activates defensive denial, disavowal and protection of their "protector."

Violence, paranoia and delusions are also particularly contagious, and so having someone with these symptoms in an influential position is almost a setup for propagation of these traits — what I have been calling "shared psychosis" but which others have also called "folie à millions," or madness by the millions. This contagion of symptoms dissipates when exposure to the primary person is reduced. We already saw this happen when he was temporarily unable to hold rallies at the onset of the pandemic.

This is one of the psychological reasons why Donald Trump cannot leave the presidency "

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join