It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let COVID dominate your life

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Which Covid-19 virus are they targeting?

It's already mutated.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Former Congressman Ron Paul who is also a doctor, likes what the President said about not letting Covid dominate your life.

Hmmmm......who do I trust more Dr Paul; or the MSM that all had the exact same talking points on this tweet.

I am making this my new signature I am sick of the media creating artificial fear.
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear"
-DUNE

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JusticeIsComing

a reply to: Jay-morris

Noiw we have established that anytime the government percieves a threat, they can and will shut down economies, livelihoods, arbitrarily removing freedoms at their whim.

And we'll have people like yourself cheering on the governments doing it.

Let's just say the virus's mortality rate is lowball estimate 1%. If 328,000,000 Americans all get the virus and 3,280,000 Americans die from it... by your logic we shouldn't do anything to minimize that number?

You're just making up numbers now.

Truth is, we don't know the fatality rate because we haven't tested EVERYONE yet, so the numbers are arbitrary.

The number of people who have had the virus and have not been tested could already be 100 million. Even 200 million.

Going back and forth on arbitrary data is pointless unless you deliberately want to scare people into obeying government dictates.

It could be. But it kinda sounds like you're making up numbers now too....

Who knows, right?

So you agree your point was pointless.

By your logic, we don't actually know the numbers so we shouldn't bother trying to find out so we can minimize the deaths?

And by your Orange God's logic, we should be slowing down the testing as well.

LINK: youtu.be...

Logic is hard.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Noiw we have established that anytime the government percieves a threat, they can and will shut down economies, livelihoods, arbitrarily removing freedoms at their whim.

Let's just say the virus's mortality rate is lowball estimate 1%. If 328,000,000 Americans all get the virus and 3,280,000 Americans die from it... by your logic we shouldn't do anything to minimize that number?

Truth is, we don't know the fatality rate because we haven't tested EVERYONE yet, so the numbers are arbitrary.

The number of people who have had the virus and have not been tested could already be 100 million. Even 200 million.

Going back and forth on arbitrary data is pointless unless you deliberately want to scare people into obeying government dictates.

Who knows, right?

By your logic, we don't actually know the numbers so we shouldn't bother trying to find out so we can minimize the deaths?

Logic is hard.

Well, if your testing is flawed and returning false positives that are meaningless.....

edit on 7-10-2020 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Who knows, right?

Logic is hard.

When you're done with that straw man argument, let me know.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: JusticeIsComing

Then self-isolate at home, remove yourself from the proverbial battlefield. You have no excuse not to, if I can be told to work from home (housewife here, it's the default work setting anyway) to have groceries delivered (how about NO) and not go anywhere (again, NO)

If you can dictate how to conduct myself to me, I can do the same damn thing in return. If you cannot handle that, tough. Not. My. Problem.

I am doing all of those things. Not because I'm personally afraid of the virus. I'm relatively healthy and like my chances. If I were living alone - I'd just go lick the MTD bus seats until I got it, stay home for a few weeks playing video games and be done with it. But I have several people in my universe who are immuno-compromised and I don't want to risk contracting it and passing it onto them (or anyone else who may be compromised). Both of my parents have respiratory problems and my wife is pregnant with twins. I'm taking extra precautions to keep them safe. Because I read a goodly sum of the science papers that have been published about SARS-Cov-2, how it spreads, how it attacks the body, etc.

I get my facts from science and not from Tucker Carlson and I care about other people besides myself.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Who knows, right?

Logic is hard.

When you're done with that straw man argument, let me know.

I uh... don't think you know what that means.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Well good foryou, then. And drop it, mind your own and leave the rest of us alone. I'm more high risk than a knocked up girl is, and I still don't need your self-righteous coddling to sufficiently survive a day. You are not a knight in shining armor riding to a rescue of anyone here, quit deluding yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

"We wish him well because, even as he tweets 'Don't be afraid of Covid,' he could still serve as a living witness to the fact that if you stick a lot of maskless people close together you are likely to spread the virus, as it has to more than a dozen people, and counting, in his circle. Courage, says Aristotle, is the mean between rashness and cowardice. Trump may still be rash, but his followers don't need to be."

""But Americans should fear Covid. And if coronavirus dominates our lives, it's because an administration charged with protecting us is so subservient to the president's lies that it can't even protect itself."

quotes: Excerpts from Opinion and OP-ED columns - New York Times - Tuesday, October 6, 2020

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

""But Americans should fear Covid."

NY Times LOL

Man, how many times do people need to be told -

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

NY Times LOL

Instead of attacking the truth ---You attack the source...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well good foryou, then. And drop it, mind your own and leave the rest of us alone. I'm more high risk than a knocked up girl is, and I still don't need your self-righteous coddling to sufficiently survive a day. You are not a knight in shining armor riding to a rescue of anyone here, quit deluding yourself.

I'd be happy to leave the rest of you alone, but your unwillingness to accept science is screwing life up for the rest of us.

Your mentality is the reason we're 8 months into this thing with no end in sight.

Your mentality is the reason cases continue to skyrocket as people continue to pretend everything is back to normal.

Your mentality is the reason my local movie theater closed down and I have to watch new releases on my phone.

We could have nipped this whole thing in the butt and it would have been way cheaper back in February if we just shut the country down and paid everybody a trillion dollars to stay home for three weeks but noooooo. MAH FREEDOMS!!! Any other day you'd be happy to stay home and watch Netflix for 20 straight hours but we have a novel virus that spreads simply by breathing and all the sudden 'IT'S MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO GO OUT AND COUGH ON EVERY SINGLE PERSON I SEE BECAUSE THIS IS 'MERICA!"

I'm not here to rescue you. I don't care about you. I just wanted you to know that you are the problem. You. And everyone who shares your mindset.

So thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What truth? I see some journalists opinion, which in my opinion is absurd.

I choose facts over "truth". An alien concept to you and your ilk I know.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: underpass61

NY Times LOL

Instead of attacking the truth ---You attack the source...

Taking a source and its credibility into consideration is the first step of research..

edit on 7-10-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Your mentality is the reason we're 8 months into this thing with no end in sight.

Your mentality is the reason cases continue to skyrocket as people continue to pretend everything is back to normal.

Your mentality is the reason my local movie theater closed down and I have to watch new releases on my phone.

We could have nipped this whole thing in the butt and it would have been way cheaper back in February if we just shut the country down and paid everybody a trillion dollars to stay home for three weeks but noooooo. MAH FREEDOMS!!! Any other day you'd be happy to stay home and watch Netflix for 20 straight hours but we have a novel virus that spreads simply by breathing and all the sudden 'IT'S MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO GO OUT AND COUGH ON EVERY SINGLE PERSON I SEE BECAUSE THIS IS 'MERICA!"

I'm not here to rescue you. I don't care about you. I just wanted you to know that you are the problem. You. And everyone who shares your mindset.

So thank you.

That's such BS look at other countries that did clampdown. Mentality please it's a pathogen and once it's here it's going to do what pathogens do. Some places get hit harder than others but the mentality has very little to do with it, again once it gets here. Germany, Belgium, Italy the UK all are still getting hit hard with new cases and they have been locked up tight since early on. The UK is third right behind the US and they have 5 times less the population. There is more than anecdotal evidence is what here in the US in December and January, it just took a while to kick in. A quick internet search shows numerous articles "was COVID in the US earlier" loads of articles from viable news sources.

www.sacbee.com...

In December, all eyes were on China as it struggled to control the coronavirus, which was seemingly contained within its own borders, a crisis a world away. But a new study finds the deadly virus may have already reached the U.S. by then and was actively spreading, weeks before the first COVID-19 case was confirmed on American soil.

Researchers with the University of California Los Angeles looked at over 10 million patient and health records spanning Dec. 1, 2019, to Feb. 29, 2020, and records from the previous five years, and found a troubling trend.

edit on 7-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

"As a basic survival mechanism, fear helps to keep us safe from danger. We react with a 'fight or flight' response --- tensing our muscles, freezing in place or taking off...In fact, two studies have shown the central amygdala encodes memories of fear and controls learned responses to fear."

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: underpass61

"As a basic survival mechanism, fear helps to keep us safe from danger. We react with a 'fight or flight' response --- tensing our muscles, freezing in place or taking off...In fact, two studies have shown the central amygdala encodes memories of fear and controls learned responses to fear."

I'd like to see someone have a fight or flight response due to covid

Also, not all fears are rational. Try again.

Almost everyone has an irrational fear or two—of spiders, for example, or your annual dental checkup. For most people, these fears are minor. But when fears become so severe that they cause tremendous anxiety and interfere with your normal life, they’re called phobias.

www.helpguide.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

*shakes head*

People are trying to justify fear now.

Fear is bravery.

lolz

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: carewemust

Your right! And it was Anthony Fauci who said that
the risk from Covid was minuscule! Skip the mask
he said!

Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

People aren't mentally ready to learn this yet, but China-Fauci-Pelosi worked together to make Covid-19 really bad here, in order to get Joe Biden elected. China wants Joe badly. They walked all over Obama.

If this sh!t turns out to be another Democrat con game, it’s time to string those MFers up in the streets.

If President Trump calls for a "Patriot Uprising" to help clean things up, my targets are already chosen. And I know I won't be returning home again....at least not this Earthly home.

Takes one to know one...

Just another sucker that's caught hook line and sinker to Trump's con game.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Since you are so determined, let me give you something to really stress about. I wear my mask in public wherever required, if only to keep the SJW's off my back. But here's the thing, I have a special mask. I made it myself. It looks impressive, formidable even but here's the thing. It does absolutely nothing to obstruct my breathing. Nada. My sunglasses don't steam up, no sweaty upper lip - nothing but fresh air. So here I am breathing free and every Karen I meet is happy.
Now, I can't be the only one doing this, then there's the fools who can't even wear a normal mask correctly. So I hate to break it to you, but your little safety bubble is just a feel-good illusion. Sleep tight.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join