It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let COVID dominate your life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves. There are a lot of people (including my wife) who are allergic to peanuts, some deadly allergic... does that mean that no peanuts should ever be used because someone might come into contact with them?

Obviously it doesn't. The person allergic has the primary duty of ensuring they stay away from peanuts. Now, I'll go along with posting warnings about peanuts, as that is a simple thing that does not overly interfere with the lives of others. But we have already done something similar with the Kung Flu! Is there anyone anywhere that somehow escaped the notice that there is a virus out there that can be deadly to the elderly and infirm?

People are coming up eith stupid examples which have nothing to do with the virus, and it is getting annoying now.

There are a lot of elderly people and people with health conditions who ridk going out while the virus is here. Do you think it helps that there are people like you who do not give a crap about the virus, or anyone else, who are out on the streets not doing the things they should do to stop the speed of this virus. This is not just about you, but other people too.

Forcing everyone to wear a face mask is a lot of hassle. Some people depend on reading lips to understand others... no bueno if those lips are covered with a face mask. Face masks also lower blood oxygen... pretty serious for people who already have lung issues (or other issues, like me). Face masks compromise security... it's hard to ID people when half their face is covered. And yes, there is a freedom issue when people are arrested for not complying with a face mask order!

And this is why they have in place rules when it comes to certain people if they have conditions. For example in the UK, if you have a condition that means you will struggle to wear a mask, then you do not wear a mask.

How would you feel if a governor decided that you would wear a t-shirt with their campaign slogan on it and if you didn't you would be arrested? You'd hate it! You'd be screaming about injustice! But that's no different than what is happening now.

My God! Is wearing said T shirt risking people's lives? No, it is not. Again, another terrible example.

No one has tried to say that wearing a face mask should be illegal. If you want to wear one, go right ahead. I'll be the last one to try and stop you. But get off the idea that everyone is as skeered as you are about this damn virus.

Good for you! You are not scared of the virus! I am not scared of the virus, but would not want to spread the virus and give it to people who would struggle. I dunno, maybe I just care too much about other people!

. I will not... live in fear just to make you feel better.

Again! You you you, and more you!

If you are high-risk, get someone to help you avoid contact with the general public. Use curbside delivery. Use home delivery services. Dress in a hazmat suit for all I care... but don't expect the general public to kowtow to your fear.

So these people should stay trapped indoors, so you can have your freedom right?

Are you kidding me?

Do you go around all day, every day, thinking about TheRedneck on ATS who has been battling a bum heart for the past 5 years?

No, but I would not want to give you the virus, and I am sorry, but i tend to think about other people. People i know or do not know, but tbe post has answered one thing, you simply do not give a crap if you give tbe virus to someone you do not know. Hence lies the problem!

Do you pay any mind to the thousands upon thousands who are in similar situations? 

Well, considering I work in the charity sector, then yes I do care about other people's well being. Not everyone is like you!

No, you don't. 

Yes I do

I tried to shop at Home Depot... unbeknownst to me when I entered, I would have to exit on the other end of the store, despite having a legitimate medical reason that prevents me from walking that far. Too damn bad, I was told; that's the rules, I was told; we're sorry for the inconvenience, I was told... and I collapsed just outside the store.

And that was wrong of them to do that.

There were dozens of people there... all walking past me while I sat there on the ground helpless and my wife tried unsuccessfully to lift me (like I could stand afterwards, but she was in a bit of a panic). Did they care about me? Nope. I was just an obstacle in their way. It didn't matter that these new rules enacted by a single governor could have killed me... they were more worried about a damn cold. Now I keep hearing about these damn face masks needing to be mandatory... that would give me one of two choices: either forego medical treatment that might help me get better, or take a decent chance on dying trying to get it.

Not everyone is the same, and if I was there, I eould have helped if I saw you in distress, because that is the type of person I am, and I am happy I am that type of person.

And don't give me that nonsense about medical exemptions... that's what I use for now, but as soon as mandates are in place and they aren't working (which they won't), those medical exemptions will go bye-bye. I've seen it happen before on other issues. I've yet to see it not happen when people get so damn paranoid.

Sorry, but that will not happen, I gurentee that. The problem is, governments have made such a mess regarding the virus, that no one really knows the proper rules. It's different from shop to shop, but if you have exempt cards, lime we have in the UK, they have to obey it, or they are not doing their job, or the fact they do not know what they are supposed to do.

So how about YOU stop and YOU think about someone other than YOURSELF and how skeered YOU are of a cold. Stop trying to tell me to think about YOUR insecurities when YOU don't give two shakes of a dead rat's tail about me. For once, take care of YOURSELF and leave me alone. I have a life left to live.

TheRedneck

See, this is your problem. You think no one gives a crap, and that is not true, because you do not know everyone. I have helped countless of people. A lot of people on the street I do not know. Not becsuse I feel I have to, but because I want too.

And you are right, I do not know you, but if I asked passed you and saw you in distress, I am not the type of human being to ignore it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Jay-morris

You really think things will go back to normal?

Isn't Boris floating the idea of covid passports?

Covid is a corona virus, a cold virus. There will never be a cure and thanks to people like yourself, we'll always have government shutdowns, lockdowns and you will be cheering it on.

No covid passports here. As for the virus itself, is there any evidence that civid19 will be an ever changing virus that we are stuck with lime the cold viruses?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Gods, get some science son!

It's a Corona virus!

Name me ONE successful vaccine against a Corona virus.

I'll wait.

*taps foot*

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

People are coming up eith stupid examples which have nothing to do with the virus, and it is getting annoying now.

I'm sorry truth annoys you.

No, no I'm not. Considering the vitriol you are spouting, I'm actually more amused than sorry.

There are a lot of elderly people and people with health conditions who ridk going out while the virus is here. Do you think it helps that there are people like you who do not give a crap about the virus, or anyone else, who are out on the streets not doing the things they should do to stop the speed of this virus.

Yes, there are. I'm one of them!

Do you really think I don't care about this virus? Look, kid, I'm old enough and smart enough to understand that it can be a real problem. I'm just also old enough and smart enough to know that unfitted cloth face masks worn by people who are not trained on how to wear them won't stop one single person from catching a cold (and yes, it is technically a cold... colds are caused by rhinovirus or corona virus). It's nothing more than virtue signalling... "Look at me! I'm wearing a face mask! I'm so virtuous!" But do you spend your spare time checking on the elderly? Offering to bring them groceries so they can stay home? If someone with a cane is walking along, do you open doors for them? Do you even stop in and check on those elderly people, maybe bring them a little pleasure from your company?

Nope. You scream on the Internet about how great it is you put a diaper on your face that doesn't do squat, and demand that others do as well. You spread fear and panic. That's how you "help."

Please stop "helping." People don't need that form of "help." They are capable of being miserable all on their own if they want, thank you very much.

And this is why they have in place rules when it comes to certain people if they have conditions. For example in the UK, if you have a condition that means you will struggle to wear a mask, then you do not wear a mask.

We have the same here... for now. That won't last. It never does.

So these people should stay trapped indoors, so you can have your freedom right?

YES!

If they will die from walking outside, then yes!

My mother stayed inside for years; she was too feeble to go outside. My wife and I took care of her, sat her where she could see her flowers, brought some inside for her, put birdhouses near her window, even wheeled her out onto the porch when we could... we did everything we could to ease that burden on her. But her condition was what it was... she could not go outside.

No, but I would not want to give you the virus

That face mask won't stop the virus. At best it will slow it down, and not by much.

Face masks are not designed to stop viral transmission in public.

And that was wrong of them to do that.

Why? It was to ensure social distancing to prevent the spread... same reason as the face mask mandates, some result as the face mask mandates (none). Why was that wrong but face masks are right?

Sorry, but that will not happen, I gurentee that.

I wish I could believe that. Are you in charge of the UK government? If not, you have no power to prevent anything. Are you in charge of the US government? If not, you have no power to prevent anything. That's just how it works.

The problem is, governments have made such a mess regarding the virus, that no one really knows the proper rules.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

We should have already had a better idea of death rates, hospitalization rates, specific co-morbidities, approved treatments... but everything has been politicized. We can never entangle actual Kung Flu deaths from other deaths now, we can't even untangle actual Kung Flu hospitalizations from other causes, we are still trying to get a handle on co-morbidities (wasn't Trump supposed to be a walking corpse last week?), and at least one potentially effective treatment (hydroxycloroquine) has been thrown out over politicization for profit (Remdesivir).

Face masks are no different.

The only real options for any virus this contagious is treatment development, vaccination development, or herd immunity. That's just the facts. Disagreeing will not change that, no matter how loud one cries or how long they scream.

See, this is your problem. You think no one gives a crap, and that is not true, because you do not know everyone.

I know that most people don't give a crap.

Look, maybe you are one of those who really care... chances are low, but I don't know you; that is true enough. I have a sneaky suspicion that if you spoke to anyone who actually knows me, you would be ashamed at how far off base you are; I just don't like to advertise what I do, as I don't do it to impress anyone. I quit caring what people think of me a long, long, long time ago. I don't play tic-tac-toe any more either; both are useless wastes of time.

But regardless, you're not helping this time. Face masks do not work. Social distancing will to a point, but it's almost impossible to maintain. If there is one other person besides me in a big box store, they will bump into me before I can get in and out (and usually give me a hateful glare for daring to be where they wanted to go). Hand-washing will help. Not touching one's face will help, but that's a lot like social distancing. For those at high risk, social isolation is the best method... but that needs to be accompanied by some compassion for the isolated. We do not need more government mandates and more fear; suicide victims get just as dead as Kung Flu victims.

We now know, thanks to Trump's visit and the press coverage, that there are successful treatments. Vaccines are right around the corner (end of the year from what I have heard). These will be huge helps. But we also need hope, and hope is exactly what Donald Trump offered the nation. It's hard to have hope when the government is busy panicking the people to get them to wear something that doesn't do any good.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm hoping against hope you can stop tapping by year's end. Regeneron really impressed me with their REGN-COV2 antibody cocktail.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I'm hoping against hope you can stop tapping by year's end. Regeneron really impressed me with their REGN-COV2 antibody cocktail.

TheRedneck

Finding a cure for a Corona virus is finding a cure for the common cold.

Sorry old man, but it ain't happening.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ok, let me ask you something. If another virus came out that was more deadly, killing millions, and the givernment ask you to do the same thing, you eould still say no because of your "freedom"?

At this point, where you wrote this after what I wrote, I have to wonder if there is any point in continuing this discussion at all. Obviously, you wrote not a word of what I said, and if you did, it was "blah, blah, blah, blah, ..." and you went and regurgitated what you would prefer it to have meant anyway.

I am also sorry that a site that simply posts blank data is now "not taking the virus serious". I wasn't aware that data was supposed to care one way or the other. It simply is. Perhaps you are simply upset that the data as shown does not show a serious virus, but that doesn't mean that it's wrong.
edit on 6-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Two months ago, I would have agreed. Now? I have a little hope. Allow me that.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Two months ago, I would have agreed. Now? I have a little hope. Allow me that.

TheRedneck

I will concede on the premise of hope.

*tips hat*

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

*returns the hat tip*

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Trump tweeted: Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life.

twitter.com...

Are you ready for the next set of divisive trigger words in America?

"Get well soon," and "Glad you feel better," are hurtful, caustic, and irresponsible! They may even cost you your job and standing in society. I wonder if I can sue Hallmark for the reckless insurgency they are promoting with their cards.

As I predicted, Trump handled his illness like most people have done for the history of the human condition--they got bedrest and waited for the disease to run its course. Shocking!

It is the height of hubris, the pinnacle of foolishness that Trump got better from covid. What a freaking dissident we have here!

We have a leader--who many have mocked for being overweight and unhealthy--bounce back strong as an ox in the face of super deadly reaper virus.

And now the media and the left are losing their heads for being proven wrong once again. Pelosi is worried about the President inspiring American citizens.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi

...suggested Monday that President Trump's plan to return quickly to the White House was motivated by politics, not health and science, warning that the decision will set a dangerous example to a country still reeling under the weight of the coronavirus.

thehill.com...

I'm sure Pelosi prefers us all to let COVID and fearmongering dominate our lives. Wait, wasn't she caught not wearing a freaking mask while strolling through a salon that was supposed to be closed due to COVID domination?

Why didn't Trump die? Could be that he didn't already have one foot in the grave I dunno.

Mr. President, thank you. I do not fear COVID and never have. I never feared any disease and I'm a freaking cancer survivor who relapsed. I do not let fear, panic, and wild imaginations dominate my life.

The MSM continually proves they are the enemy of the American people.

Man don"t these idiot EVER get tired of lying ALL THE TIME constantly spewing this crap. It is so tiresome to listen to I can't imagine actually saying it on the daily...must be exhausting.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

I'd just like to say that freedom is not bs, freedom is not an excuse.

Freedom is a fundamental basic human value that we all should cherish, protect, and if needed, fight for.

To the point where you are so obsessed with freedom, you are not free at all. Sorry, but that is not the way I would like to live, but each to their own I guess.

To see so many willingly disregard something so valuable is disheartening and portends a dismal future.

Jesus! We are going through a pandemic! People are dying, and you think your freedom is being taken away becsuse of a mask, and taking extra
precaution. I bet you know no one who has suffered because of this virus, hence the reason for your stance.

But there was an American couple who held your stance, both were Trumpers, and both thought the virus was not bad, and even fake, so they did not bother to wars masks or take precautions. His wife got the virus and died. And now he says he was wrong.

Most of the people who hold these views having not been affected by the virus, but I gurentee their minds eould chsnge if someone close to them had the virus badly.

It's crazy that peoe are using freedom, as a reason to not take precaution, and yes, it's comets BS.

I wear a mask when I am outside, not because I am scared of getting the virus, but because I would not want to spread it if I have the virus. In other words, I give a crap about other people and do not just care about myself.

Oh ok so the masks only work 1 way... got it. You keep using the elderly as an example, they are high risk during every flu season and many die unfortunately. Maybe we should start tracking that too, after all wouldn't you feel awful if you passed on the flu bug to a loved one and they died from it? Happens every single year...I'm sorry you are living in fear but passing it off via virtue signalling instead of taking back control of your life. Good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Habs2133

Good point.

If masks are so important, then why weren't all of us wearing them with the annual flu fatality rate is 45 to 60 thousand per year?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

For the same reason none of us have sworn off cars even though easily that many die off from car wrecks every year.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Habs2133

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Trump tweeted: Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life.

twitter.com...

Are you ready for the next set of divisive trigger words in America?

"Get well soon," and "Glad you feel better," are hurtful, caustic, and irresponsible! They may even cost you your job and standing in society. I wonder if I can sue Hallmark for the reckless insurgency they are promoting with their cards.

As I predicted, Trump handled his illness like most people have done for the history of the human condition--they got bedrest and waited for the disease to run its course. Shocking!

It is the height of hubris, the pinnacle of foolishness that Trump got better from covid. What a freaking dissident we have here!

We have a leader--who many have mocked for being overweight and unhealthy--bounce back strong as an ox in the face of super deadly reaper virus.

And now the media and the left are losing their heads for being proven wrong once again. Pelosi is worried about the President inspiring American citizens.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi

...suggested Monday that President Trump's plan to return quickly to the White House was motivated by politics, not health and science, warning that the decision will set a dangerous example to a country still reeling under the weight of the coronavirus.

thehill.com...

I'm sure Pelosi prefers us all to let COVID and fearmongering dominate our lives. Wait, wasn't she caught not wearing a freaking mask while strolling through a salon that was supposed to be closed due to COVID domination?

Why didn't Trump die? Could be that he didn't already have one foot in the grave I dunno.

Mr. President, thank you. I do not fear COVID and never have. I never feared any disease and I'm a freaking cancer survivor who relapsed. I do not let fear, panic, and wild imaginations dominate my life.

The MSM continually proves they are the enemy of the American people.

Man don"t these idiot EVER get tired of lying ALL THE TIME constantly spewing this crap. It is so tiresome to listen to I can't imagine actually saying it on the daily...must be exhausting.

Everyone has their price. I like money.

Unfortunately lying for a paycheck is not something I feel comfortable doing. I got them damn morals.

However, I suspect broadcasters are so deluded and gone they think they're doing an important service for humanity.

edit on 7-10-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Y'all catch that tweet that Twitter doesn't like?

twitter.com...

Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!

Donald is up to something important for us.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yeeh ummm....only 760 million allready infected with coronavirus , an estimate from the WHO.

So how is the fatality rate ?

And let's not forget that Global death number is bs ....it's not even near 1 million in reality,

760 milion

It's no more dangerous than the flu.....so lets end all this crap now....the lockdowns, health pasports etc

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

TheRedneck

Finding a cure for a Corona virus is finding a cure for the common cold.

That's bull# but you folks are intransigent in your superior knowledge. Just because COVID-19 is in the Corona Virus family does NOT mean they are all alike. Your position is similar to saying that all Staph organisms are alike. They're not. Staph A. that causes boils and minor skin infections is not the same as the one that causes MRSA. They're all different. They all behave differently. It's entirely up to their biochemical construction, not which viral family they belong to.

A vaccine for SARS was developed but there were side effects. Given that there was a total of 8,100 cases worldwide during the 2003 outbreak there isn't much of an incentive to develop a vaccine. It's obviously a different situation with COVID-19 were we're looking at over 36M cases in less than a year.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

How long do COVID-19 antibodies last, and what is the excuse why herd immunity is not an option?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The unhinged are losing it over this.

Including my sister who’s completely lost it about Trump. Blames him for everything bad in her life. Literally everything is Trump’s fault.

No it’s the fact that your husband is a raging alcoholic and you’re a codependent mess who’s on Facebook complaining 24/7 and who gangs up on anyone who doesn’t hate the president with rabid rage.

It’s lunacy. She’s so far gone, it’s crazy. Especially when she was a raging conservative in 2015!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join