It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let COVID dominate your life

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Astonishing that such a simple message generates such angst among typically intelligent people...

Simple things like this shouldnt "trigger" (hate this meaning for the word) anyone its an honest statement, the virus is not going away soon we will probably never have a shot to provide protection we need the wordls economy to function unless you really want to depend on the govt to feed, clothe, and shelter you. (if you think thats a good idea, talk to the poor in the mega cities)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now, if this happend to your family, would you still be saying what you are saying now? If course you would not, and this is the problem mist, if not all the people saying this, have not been affected by the virus.

Opions that are easily swayed by day to day events and emotions aren't really worth having.

If my entire family died in a airplane accident I may start to think differently about the necessity of air travel; but it would be that new opion that would require further introspection to insure that my emotional state wasn't unduly influencing me.

Why are you obsessed with freedom? Here in the UK, we have just as much freedom as you guys, but we do not obsess about to the point it takes over our lives.

When those in power figure out how to make you stop caring about your freedoms because you happen to live in a world where they aren't being tested is when they can take them away.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

....Trump handled his illness like most people have done for the history of the human condition--they got bedrest and waited for the disease to run its course.

Err.....no he didn't.

I'm pleased Trump recovered - in a miraculous three days - I genuinely don't take any pleasure in watching anyone suffer from this or any other ailment.

But come on, he got the best of care possible.
The best team of doctors supported by a great team of nurses and support staff.

He received the best treatment and medication, much of which isn't available to the general public at any cost.

Of course he got better......and so would a lot of people who have died - and who will die - if they had similar resources and treatment.
But they didn't and they won't.....and that has sort of been one of the points that people have been trying to get across since this virus first started spreading globally.

Our health care systems simply aren't geared up to cope with giving people the necessary treatment that would give them a far better chance of surviving this virus.

I don't begrudge him his treatment.....its the attempt to portray his miraculous recovery as proof that Covid 19 isn't any more dangerous to the general public than normal run-of-the-mill flu that I dislike.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Trump tweeted: Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life.

As I predicted, Trump handled his illness like most people have done for the history of the human condition--they got bedrest and waited for the disease to run its course. Shocking!

It is the height of hubris, the pinnacle of foolishness that Trump got better from covid. What a freaking dissident we have here!

We have a leader--who many have mocked for being overweight and unhealthy--bounce back strong as an ox in the face of super deadly reaper virus.

Mr. President, thank you. I do not fear COVID and never have. I never feared any disease and I'm a freaking cancer survivor who relapsed. I do not let fear, panic, and wild imaginations dominate my life.

The MSM continually proves they are the enemy of the American people.

dont forget it all politics thus its ALL bullsnip, aint no one telling you the truth, say one thing do another, that is the mantra of EVERY politician, looks like someone is fearing something and taking precautions above what us civilians are taking in our own homes, has anyone else used an all over body suit today to disinfect their home?

If there's something strange
In your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?
Covidbusters!
edit on 6-10-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

edit on 6-10-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo 2

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry, I've only gotten to the second page of this thread.....wtf is going on in your heads?

People openly advocating armed insurrection, firing squads and wholescale execution of anyone not agreeing with them.

Things are #ed up over here but you guys are taking this to a whole different level.

Is it any wonder the rest of the world thinks you are stark, raving bonkers?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

....Trump handled his illness like most people have done for the history of the human condition--they got bedrest and waited for the disease to run its course.

Err.....no he didn't.

I'm pleased Trump recovered - in a miraculous three days - I genuinely don't take any pleasure in watching anyone suffer from this or any other ailment.

But come on, he got the best of care possible.
The best team of doctors supported by a great team of nurses and support staff.

He received the best treatment and medication, much of which isn't available to the general public at any cost.

Of course he got better......and so would a lot of people who have died - and who will die - if they had similar resources and treatment.
But they didn't and they won't.....and that has sort of been one of the points that people have been trying to get across since this virus first started spreading globally.

Our health care systems simply aren't geared up to cope with giving people the necessary treatment that would give them a far better chance of surviving this virus.

I don't begrudge him his treatment.....its the attempt to portray his miraculous recovery as proof that Covid 19 isn't any more dangerous to the general public than normal run-of-the-mill flu that I dislike.

When I was born God, the gods, and the Doctors did not give me a warranty on my new life. They didn't tell me I had a right to 90 good years of life or I could get my money back.

I know people like Trump get better health care than I do; it doesn't make me angry; it doesn't give me a false sense of abandonment; and it doesn't make me any less happy with the life I live.

We as a society need we to abandon our puritanical views on death. If you die before you are 105 nothing was stolen from you.
edit on 6-10-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its called even government can get brainwashed.

Do you trust your government that much?

There is a two tiered system going on right now

1 Banks/NWO vs
2. sovereign nation states

do the math

a reply to: UpIsNowDown

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Its called even government can get brainwashed.

Do you trust your government that much?

There is a two tiered system going on right now

1 Banks/NWO vs
2. sovereign nation states

do the math

a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I'm not a bank nor a sovereign nation state. In your opinion why should I care which of those two entities wins? Should I expect to be treated any better or worse if one or the other becomes my new master?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I never said that Trump shouldn't have got the best treatment possible.
I did say that the best treatment possible will never be available for the vast majority of people and as a result Covid 19 is actually far worse for most people than ordinary, run-of-the-mill influenza.

As for dying: I'd rather not just yet. (Touch wood.)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What's "buyest"?

I had no idea Rational Ground was "far right".

The page in the link is *just* charts with no commentary. As the source I used first said, there are some where the cases fall off after the mandate, some where the spike begins after the mandate. You can't make any real connections to mask mandates and any particular effect on the course of the disease.

And yet we have THIS

Looking at the site you link too, it's obvious that does not take the virus seriously. Most people on here who are on the right, do not take the virus seriously. Coincidence?

Because you think you have to force everyone to act like you want them to, I have to be forced to act like you want me to whether I am or not already. 

Funny you talk about freedom, but you are obviously brainwashed and conditioned by this left and right BS. So are you actually free?

That means I have lost my freedom to choose. It doesn't matter one iota if I already was acting mostly like you think I should.

Ok, let me ask you something. If another virus came out that was more deadly, killing millions, and the givernment ask you to do the same thing, you eould still say no because of your "freedom"?

All that matters is that my freedom to make that choice as I need to make it, day in and day out, was removed from me because you don't feel like others can handle their freedom in ways you like.

Fine.

lol but you are not free! You think you are free, but you are not. You are controlled by the left and right. We are all not free at the end of the day. Most of us a brainwashed.

But like I said, this is not about freedom at its core.

Safeguard yourself from those other people, and let them suffer any consequences of their actions. But leave me alone.

Can you explain this further. So you are doing what need a to be done to keep you, and your family safecregarding the virus?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

lol but you are not free! You think you are free, but you are not. You are controlled by the left and right. We are all not free at the end of the day. Most of us a brainwashed.

But like I said, this is not about freedom at its core.

Because you don't think we're free, we shouldn't strive for freedom?

This IS about freedom, or the lack thereof.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Joe Biden is taking President Trump's advice to Heart.

twitter.com...

But he looks like he's exhausted from the 20 minute rally today.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because you don't think we're free, we shouldn't strive for freedom?

This IS about freedom, or the lack thereof.

I did not say that. We are controlled by our polatitions and media. We are controlled by the party we follow, left or right, so, how are we free. This left and right has turned into a religion, and just goes to show how controlled and manipalated we are. This is the reason we have no freedom. Are you fighting for that? Or just your freedom to not take this virus seriously?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I do take this virus seriously.

I just don't piss myself daily over fears generated by governments and the media.

What you don't seem to understand is that I was criticizing Trump and everyone back in March. I actually WARNED people that governments would take advantage and infringe on rights and freedoms.

And I was right.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: DanDanDat

I never said that Trump shouldn't have got the best treatment possible.
I did say that the best treatment possible will never be available for the vast majority of people and as a result Covid 19 is actually far worse for most people than ordinary, run-of-the-mill influenza.

As for dying: I'd rather not just yet. (Touch wood.)

The black death was arguably one of the greatest catastrophes in human history. As one example, in the course of just a few months, 60 per cent of Florence’s population died from the plague.

Not everyone received the best treatment; and clearly it was far worse then the actually run-of-the-mill influenza.

Life went on; humanity continued; we barely even think about that time period now.

People die all the time; we would cease to function if people really did let the million ways they could die dominate their lives.

Trump got better in three days (hopefully); what would you have him do? Remain in bed to make it clear that you might still die from COVID-19? What would that really accomplish; its clear you already know that.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Should it be plain old courtsy, just for the fact that there are millions of people out there with conditions that could make this virus a real danger to them. Also the elderly.

Everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves. There are a lot of people (including my wife) who are allergic to peanuts, some deadly allergic... does that mean that no peanuts should ever be used because someone might come into contact with them?

Obviously it doesn't. The person allergic has the primary duty of ensuring they stay away from peanuts. Now, I'll go along with posting warnings about peanuts, as that is a simple thing that does not overly interfere with the lives of others. But we have already done something similar with the Kung Flu! Is there anyone anywhere that somehow escaped the notice that there is a virus out there that can be deadly to the elderly and infirm?

Forcing everyone to wear a face mask is a lot of hassle. Some people depend on reading lips to understand others... no bueno if those lips are covered with a face mask. Face masks also lower blood oxygen... pretty serious for people who already have lung issues (or other issues, like me). Face masks compromise security... it's hard to ID people when half their face is covered. And yes, there is a freedom issue when people are arrested for not complying with a face mask order!

There are no laws mandating face mask use! Every single mandate is the order of a single person, without the first check or balance to that power. That's not how it works in the United States of America. Legislatures, elected by the people for that very purpose, make the laws. Governors, mayors, etc., enforce those laws. But now we have governors and mayors making and then enforcing laws with no one able to challenge them and no checks or balances on that power. How would you feel if a governor decided that you would wear a t-shirt with their campaign slogan on it and if you didn't you would be arrested? You'd hate it! You'd be screaming about injustice! But that's no different than what is happening now.

No one has tried to say that wearing a face mask should be illegal. If you want to wear one, go right ahead. I'll be the last one to try and stop you. But get off the idea that everyone is as skeered as you are about this damn virus. I do not... I will not... live in fear just to make you feel better. If you are high-risk, get someone to help you avoid contact with the general public. Use curbside delivery. Use home delivery services. Dress in a hazmat suit for all I care... but don't expect the general public to kowtow to your fear.

It's about having the decency to think about other people, and not just yourself.

Are you kidding me?

Do you go around all day, every day, thinking about TheRedneck on ATS who has been battling a bum heart for the past 5 years? Do you pay any mind to the thousands upon thousands who are in similar situations? No, you don't. Some time back, thanks to all this Kung Flu mess, I tried to shop at Home Depot... unbeknownst to me when I entered, I would have to exit on the other end of the store, despite having a legitimate medical reason that prevents me from walking that far. Too damn bad, I was told; that's the rules, I was told; we're sorry for the inconvenience, I was told... and I collapsed just outside the store.

You get that? I collapsed. My legs would not carry me. I could not stand up.

There were dozens of people there... all walking past me while I sat there on the ground helpless and my wife tried unsuccessfully to lift me (like I could stand afterwards, but she was in a bit of a panic). Did they care about me? Nope. I was just an obstacle in their way. It didn't matter that these new rules enacted by a single governor could have killed me... they were more worried about a damn cold. Now I keep hearing about these damn face masks needing to be mandatory... that would give me one of two choices: either forego medical treatment that might help me get better, or take a decent chance on dying trying to get it.

And don't give me that nonsense about medical exemptions... that's what I use for now, but as soon as mandates are in place and they aren't working (which they won't), those medical exemptions will go bye-bye. I've seen it happen before on other issues. I've yet to see it not happen when people get so damn paranoid.

So how about YOU stop and YOU think about someone other than YOURSELF and how skeered YOU are of a cold. Stop trying to tell me to think about YOUR insecurities when YOU don't give two shakes of a dead rat's tail about me. For once, take care of YOURSELF and leave me alone. I have a life left to live.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I do take this virus seriously.

I just don't piss myself daily over fears generated by governments and the media.

What you don't seem to understand is that I was criticizing Trump and everyone back in March. I actually WARNED people that governments would take advantage and infringe on rights and freedoms.

And I was right.

So, it was not something as simple as trying to beat the virus. It is all about taking your freedoms away.

You know what it's like. It's like a child playing with their favourite you. You take that you away for no reason, and they get angry and start to cry. This is what this is like.

As for purposely taking away people's freedoms. You think they want people to lose their jobs, for companies to go under, for the economy to be hit hard, just to take people's freedoms away. It makes no sense at all that logic.

This virus will come and go, and everything will be back to normal, and only then you eill realise it was not about taking your freedom, but about beating this virus.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Didn't you know? All websites that disagree with "the narrative" are "far-right propaganda" by default.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You really think things will go back to normal?

Isn't Boris floating the idea of covid passports?

Covid is a corona virus, a cold virus. There will never be a cure and thanks to people like yourself, we'll always have government shutdowns, lockdowns and you will be cheering it on.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Love how Michelle obama put out a message saying corona is the greatest crisis of our lives. I guess she really doesn't think much of civil rights and how hard MLK and other Republicans fought to pass those rights. I mean, that's all she talked about while she sat fat in the White House using our tax dollars for her trips and makeup and white girl hair. Disgusting, racist, race dividing wench.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join