It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.C.T. [Write-off]

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The pain that had been radiating throughout his hands and fingers had dulled to a numbing paranoia. He was worried. Very worried. Jason wheezed, dust assailing his nostrils. How long had he been trapped in the collapsed building? How long could he last? He knew that answer - it wasn't good.

When the Addiction Correction Team (ACT) started eliminating addicts Jason joined the fight to save as many lost souls as possible. He knew they were shooting people but razing buildings? That was overkill. Trapped in rubble, his arms outstretched under crushing weight, his legs pinned in place, he struggled in vain.

The ground vibrated as a giant armored vehicle rumbled past. A sliver of light appeared and Jason heard voices. The rumbling shook the debris around him. Jason clawed at the rubble, yelling for help. Dust caked in his throat choking him. His hands grasped a pipe, warm from the sun, and he pulled for all he was worth. His emaciated form slipped from the rubble. His arms and legs, finally free to move, flailed wildly as he ran toward the men, heaving and yelling incoherently. One of the men turned and fired a single shot.

“Damn crackheads.”

The End

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

“Damn crackheads.” He said as he pulled out a flask of Kentucky bourbon and took a sip. Fumbling for his lighter to light the government issue Marlboro red hanging from his lip, he wondered how people could fall into the trap of abusing drugs...

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

“Damn crackheads.” He said as he pulled out a flask of Kentucky bourbon and took a sip. Fumbling for his lighter to light the government issue Marlboro red hanging from his lip, he wondered how people could fall into the trap of abusing drugs...

Its tough to get it all in. I wrote the first version and checked the wordcount- 420. Let the trimming begin...

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The word limit wasn't my idea.
Wait! I think I actually did write 150 in the brainstorming session.
Sorry.

F&S

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

The word limit wasn't my idea.
Wait! I think I actually did write 150 in the brainstorming session.
Sorry.

F&S

Not complaining, just makes it a challenge. I like the format.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

A really great story,I enjoyed reading it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Thank you for reading and the kind words. :-)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

good job !
edit on 7-10-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thank you for the great compliment - I love that movie. :-)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If your dog help't you, you have my vote.
its in the post!
or are you the dog?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Sir Barksalot thanks you.

new topics

top topics

join