It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Finals viewership down 68%

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Bloodworth

.these are multi millionaires living in the only country that gives african Americans that opportunity

Well if they are African Americans well it's obvious America gives them that opportunity.

However if you mean Black sportsmen in general, then no it is not only America that gives them an opportunity to become multi millionaires.

What other countries gives football players, basketball players, baseball players, boxers and many more multi million dollar contracts?

They are protesting the country that offers this opportunity?

Anywhere else they would have never come close to being millionaires with middle school education levels.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What other countries gives football players, basketball players, baseball players, boxers and many more multi million dollar contracts?

English Premier League Football Players.

www.sportsmole.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who cares about grown men playing a game, and why would I care about their views on anything other than roundball? Pro basketball players are usually pretty stupid and Ill-educated. Seems like most can’t wait to drop out of college to go pro.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

www.sportsmole.co.uk...
I looked over Forbes’ list of the Top Ten highest paid athletes each year from 2012-2020 (that’s as far back as the Wiki article went). Every single year, five to six Americans are in the Top Ten, and no other country has more than one. In four of the nine years listed, Floyd Mayweather was the highest paid athlete, Ronaldo was the highest twice, Messi once, Tiger once and Federer once.

Also, just to illustrate how sports-crazy America is, I looked up the Forbes list of the world’s most valuable sports franchises in 2020. There are 22 teams ranked among the Top 20 (some teams were equally valued).

Among the Top 20 teams, the five most valuable were American: the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Golden State Warriors, followed by Real Madrid. FC Barcelona is 8th, Manchester United is 10th and the rest are American.

P.S. Just over two-thirds of the Americans in the Top Ten over the last nine years are black (34 out of 50).
edit on 6-10-2020 by Scapegrace because: Additional info

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

The post i replied to was this

What other countries gives football players, basketball players, baseball players, boxers and many more multi million dollar contracts

Therefore my reply was correct. It is not only America that has multi million earning sportsmen. Black,White or any other colour.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What other countries gives football players, basketball players, baseball players, boxers and many more multi million dollar contracts

Therefore my reply was correct. It is not only America that has multi million earning sportsmen. Black,White or any other colour.

You are correct, sir. But America has far more of them than any other nation. In fact, over the last nine years, black Americans comprised 37 percent of the highest paid athletes. American honkies were 17 percent.
edit on 6-10-2020 by Scapegrace because: Additiin

edit on 6-10-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

You are correct, sir. But America has far more of them than any other nation.

Well with a population 5 times more than The U.K. i wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

You are correct, sir. But America has far more of them than any other nation.

Well with a population 5 times more than The U.K. i wouldn't doubt it.

Good point.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good. I hope the NFL is right behind them and these primadonnas go bankrupt.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

That's just democrats being democrats. They're behind every bit of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweekI subbed a long time ago 😱

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
As for the NBA, I myself stopped watching my San Antonio Spurs. We had a good run when Duncan, Ginobili and Parker had the iron clad triangle defense. Duncan, possibly the Greatest Power Forward in NBA history brought us plenty of Finals Wins.

However, after 2010, I stopped watching, mainly because of Active Duty Military obligations, like staff duty, 30 days field exercises, Weapon ranges, Gas chambers (CS/CN) and a bevy of other fun and physically demanding things, heh.

But after 2016, my Spurs coach, Greg Popovich (Pop), went hyper partisan, started running his mouth about Trump, breaking from the usual cold demeanor and no fluff one line answers we all got use to, Spurs fans that is.

Did Trump really have that kind of effect to break a former military mans composure? I was turned off by this and since then, I haven’t watching any sports, particularly the NBA.

It certainly is sad and tragedy as well because I use to make NBA game nights a “Thing”, you know, snacks, beers, friends, live chats, dancing at three pointers. It’s because we watch sports for a variety of reasons. To get away from life, to get competitive, have faith and support in a local team, things of this nature. The moment those players and coaches interjected politics, especially hyper partisan ones that directly went against the President, just was so turned off by it all.

Haven’t watched a game since and honestly? I don’t even notice.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Michael Jordan also has common sense. Leborn is a retard outside of shooting hoops. When Jordan was asked about why he doesn't talk politics, his answer was simple. He said something to the effect of having fans on both sides of the political aisle.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It's not like did anything besides put the money up. All the other work was done by other people. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that's his loophole around paying in so much in taxes. Bet he's a big screamer who wants to see Trump's taxes, too.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
They have pretty much ruined professional sports, for this year and likely for a long time. So many reasons to not watch. Especially the pro leagues 80,000 seat stadiums and they couldn't social distance 20,000 fans its ridiculous. Did you see SMU threw out it's student section because they weren't social distancing LOL if thats not a load I dont know what is.

Hell I miss the crowds atleast on some NCAA games they got real people even if it's limited. Absolutely when they throw into the political rhetoric it just completely turns me off, Im watching to get away from the real world for a few hours. Used to watch religiously and now I don't,I may grab a book and have it on in the background

Yeah that was stupid. My grandfather was a running back there in the 1940's until he left to join the Army Air Corps to fight for this country in WWII. He'd be extremely disappointed.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
You can’t call half of the US population racist for not backing their cause and then expect them to continue to tune in. They gotta be the dumbest people on earth. Just # up and make your millions playing games. How much easier can life be for these idiots.

You are right.

The underlying message is if you are white you are racist.

The unintended and clearly accidentally subliminal message under that is,
this game is for black people, white racists we don't want you watching,
and we'll make it uncomfortable for you to watch.

Larry Bird, quite possibly the most racist dude in NBA history, behind Red Auerbach, only hated on people who thought they could guard him. Hard to be racist when you hate everyone.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

www.sportsmole.co.uk...

50 players and 1 sport?

Rough odds.

Your odds would be much greater in the u.s. as its employees much more. I listed about 4 sports earlier. Then you have rap music as well which offer opportunities. Add the greatness that is the united nego college funds. So many openings.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
speak woke, go broke
edit on 6-10-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
3-1 fighting lebrons

Not even close......

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The NBA took on the WNBA model. Woke preachy content with nobody interested. Chinese basketball league suxs these days.

a reply to: Bluntone22

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join