It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Promises "Biggest Tax Cut Ever" if He is Re-elected

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
Flip the House to REPUBLICAN, and it will happen. Many more GOOD THINGS will happen for America and Americans.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

would cut the top capital gains tax rate to 15% from 20%; forgive temporarily deferred payroll taxes; give tax breaks to U.S. companies that bring their operations back from China; and codify changes made in the previous tax overhaul that are slated to sunset in 2025

Yeah...sounds like that's gonna benefit the average American alright...

Bolded the big one because that means jobs for Americans...but you do understand that your 401K will benefit from a reduction in capital gains taxes and not paying back the deferred payroll taxes on April 15, 2021 helps the average American? Oh and the making the Trump temp tax cuts that helped everyone out a permanent deal...or do you think minimum wage workers will become filth rich if minimum wage was $15? If that worked why stop at $15, why not $100 or $1000 per hour. Surely everyone will be mega rich if everyone was paid $40,000 a week minimum right?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Surely everyone will be mega rich if everyone was paid $40,000 a week minimum right?

Why not? It's pretty obvious Trump and Congress love deficit spending and creating more debt, might as will just give everyone a million dollars and watch what happens.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

buying votes is disgusting. Its the major draw back to democratic style governance.

that said...taxation is theft. So stopping the theft is certainly preferred.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I wonder why he didn't give Americans "THE BIGGEST TAX CUT EVER!" before the election so his stans would love him even more?

Since his first tax reform mostly benefitted rich people and corporations.

I'm not rich or a corporation and I got a $3400 check, not to mention child tax credits and a reduced income tax. Our household makes under $150K combined. You must not work for a living if you didn't get any benefit.

I don't live in America at all, so I didn't get any benefit. But, just because you personally benefitted doesn't mean the majority of Americans did.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
How can they cut taxes again when our national debt is skyrocketing again. I suppose they will tax everything when it is manufactured or imported, so we will pay taxes that way. I am for downsizing government to a certain point, bgovernment jobs also stabilize the economy. Nobody is going to have a job to pay taxes on if we do not start more manufacturing here making the stuff our society actually needs. Stuff we don't need, sure import that from China, I do not care, if things go tough, the wants of people will be effected, not their needs.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

that said...taxation is theft. So stopping the theft is certainly preferred.

While I agree most taxation is theft... This isn't stopping it, merely deferring it on high interest.

It's like being in a store and them saying you don't have to pay anything today if you open up a store credit card.

Now if a politician said I'm cutting spending, and tax cuts will be scaled to the spending decrease, I would make audible naughty noises. Might even have to clean myself up.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Dude, Trump tweeted out a barrage of tweets, culminating in over a million likes to 150k replies 😳

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What if we ended tax on income and just had a 5% Federal Sales Tax instead with exemptions on medicine and groceries.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What if we ended tax on income and just had a 5% Federal Sales Tax instead with exemptions on medicine and groceries.

Does Krug and sevruga count as groceries?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Maybe seven percent might work. As long as they tax what people buy from abroad, people will go to other countries to buy big things, there should be an import tax of ten percent on stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would crack open wide with laughter if at some point he/they get rid of income tax. There is no need for it. Never was. Strike a bargain with the Dims, abolish income tax and we will allow a 5 percent universal healthcare tax for people who do not want or cannot afford private healthcare.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

There's small pockets who believe in getting rid of income tax and instead doing consumption tax.

The way some see it, if you're using more diesel, you're putting more strain on the roads than someone in a gas car.

This system in theory would also incentivize saving rather than spending.

Like all systems, I'm sure it's less than perfect.... But I think any kind of flat tax that rids the ilk of the IRS, which would fix a lot of wasted spending.

If you didn't file taxes, you couldn't "cheat". So people would just have to pay based on the transaction.

Couple that with a finite money supply, and a government would have to immediately increase taxes for any new spending. The public would be a lot more involved and vocal when their pockets are being reached into real time.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'd prefer the biggest spending cut ever.

Biggest tax cut during record spending doesn't sound like the best idea.

No it doesn't does it? but I hear he want to run it like a business, like the multiple business's he ran into bankruptcy..genius!!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No it doesn't does it? but I hear he want to run it like a business, like the multiple business's he ran into bankruptcy..genius!!

He wants to run it like his business... Leveraged on debt 😉 we gotta read between the lines.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

He wants to run it like his business... Leveraged on debt 😉 we gotta read between the lines.

Nice

I like being taxed!!..said nobody, but, money going out is far less than coming in..going to hit that wall.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Isn't it grand how keeping more of the money you earn is "buying votes". But somehow the Democrat platform if giving free stuff away supposedly isn't buying votes.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Both sides Buy the votes the Republican aka trump why the heck do You think the market went up when he won his good looks ? They KNOW Republicans cater to the rich corps Like air lines and banks that THE Right are thrilled when they get MULTI BILLION dollar bail out over and over .

As for the left YOU got it they BUY votes By catering to the poorest of the poor and Immigrants' legal and Other wise .
While the RIGHT Turns Its head and acts dumb yes EVEN Trump 4 years later how many Illegals are In the US why the same that was the days he got in wall LOLOL yep it worked all right it distracted you from THE fact TRUMP made ZERO headway in illegal reform Just as BOTH sides planed .

So being BOTH sides BUY votes Trump bought yours Biden Bought mine and at this point 70 to 100 MILLION other NOW VERY poor peoples Votes .
The poor out number you a 100 to 1 MR 1 %

The Right says the poor should just starve problem is we wont just sit home and starve while the LIONS share of the BAIL OUT 3.5 TRILION dollars went to BIG business so You get richer we can vote you know .

the poor got 258 Billion dollars out of 3.5 TRILLION the rest went TO YOU 1 % ers
edit on 5-10-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Isn't it grand how keeping more of the money you earn is "buying votes". But somehow the Democrat platform if giving free stuff away supposedly isn't buying votes.

Keeping more of your money for now*

As Augy said, it's a loan to yourself with interest. Spin it how you want, we have record spending... A tax cut would just increase debt.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
PS the amount of taxes the poor get back 100 MILLION people is ZERO the amount of help poor are getting right now well 300 a week in unemployment Math math 300 or zero Hum decisions .

O as For Trumps order how you kidden we are Poor not stupid the STATES were already EXTENDING the unemployment .
We also KNOW the second the election is over EVERY thing is cut off its sink or swim AS MILLIONS of small business go OUt of Business .

The democrat's do want to By our Vote while at the same Time make BILLIONS from Business tehy will NOT just sit whiloe half the Business go out of Business .
Trump is A 1 % Er every one knows that and every one knows what he cares about is STAYING a 1 % ER NOTHING else BUT that .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join