It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mask narrative breaks down due to TDS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You want to talk about real life situations.

How about some of my Navy work in an outbreak where we only had baby nappies to wear as masks. Along with a huge amount of civilian volunteers.

It did not stop all infections, but again opposed to other areas that had no communication with us, so did not think of that, they got hammered.

a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
And the old " It will stop you from breathing properly" debate.

Since the hole in an N95 mask is 6666 times bigger than Co2 ...how is it going to get trapped in that hole ? .

N95 masks = 0.1 micron

CO2 = 0.00006 micron

o2 = 0.0005 micron

Corona-virus approx. 0.125 ( so just a little bit too fit in the hole, and it is usually attached to other material ) But still 95% effective ( hence N95 ) So not perfect, but no mask is . ( so that is not an intellectually honest argument )

a reply to: Kenzo

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
And this where critical thinking comes in folks. ...This is what they are asking you to believe.
The mask comments...

(a) Masks of varying designs have been used for over 105 years now. Even back then when they were just a piece of cloth, it dropped infection rates by 90%, no matter what country they were used in, so politics obviously has no bearing on their effectiveness.

We have all grown up seeing people wear them in 100s of industries and in clinical settings. And especially over the last 20 years, people in polluted cities have been forced to almost live in them, or die 20 years younger.

I mean you are literally looking at the biggest real world study involving 100s of millions of people globally over 100 years. Very hard to dispute that if there was a problem, someone would have noticed by now. Right ?

Not once can I remember hearing someone say they are useless or dangerous.( even though they do come with instructions to change or clean them often so studies should still show that )

But all of a sudden in 2020 they stopped working or will kill or harm you.

a reply to: thedeadtruth

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
FYI.

The mask I wear in public is a simple cloth mask. I made about 10 out of some fine fiber cloth I purchased. And just wash and dry them in the dryer till "cooked"

I only pull it up once in a crowded location.

As I stated. It is fake experts, be they academics who have never practiced in the field, or do not keep up to date on events globally, bureaucrats, politicians or some idiot on the internet. They are all part of the problem.

Too many people who will never come on and apologize if they git it wrong. That you can take to the bank.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

That`s funny , a well know doctor Mercola writes about N95 effectivines this way:

What Will It Take for Masks and Face Shields to End?

I think i trust dr.Mercola more than you -
edit on 16-10-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

How about some of my Navy work in an outbreak where we only had baby nappies to wear as masks. Along with a huge amount of civilian volunteers.

And I would assume you trained them in the proper use of masks (even baby nappies).

Who is training the public now? Apparently no one, since I see at least as many people wearing them below their nose as not. No, no one is training them, just a mandate that you have to wear some sort of covering over your mouth.

Which brings up another point: you speak of N95 masks which are effective if properly worn. How about bandanas? That's a lot larger weave than in an N95. How long should one maintain wearing an N95 continuously? The mandates as-is pretty much extend mask-wearing into several hours each day for most people.

Are N95s disposable or reusable? I see people yanking them off, shoving them into a pocket, and then putting them back on all the time.

You seem to be thinking that the general public can operate the same way you do in a pathogenic environment under controlled conditions. The real world don't work that way. There is a reason we send our dead to special places to be examined: to contain anything infectious they might have. Those bodies stacking up are kept at near freezing temperatures (I hope; otherwise you'll need a damn gas mask to overcome the smell). We cannot keep the world climate-controlled, just as we cannot keep the world wrapped in PPE all day every day.

Oh, and one more point: earlier you claimed the 85% figure was a lie. That is straight from the CDC, the same people who told us to wear the masks in the first place. So if they are lying now, why weren't they lying before about everyone needing to wear the things? That seems to be discoordinated thinking right there, especially when you went right on and let out a lie yourself, that masks do not interfere in any way with normal breathing. Excuse me, but you're full of bovine kaka on that one. Face masks do reduce the blood O2 level by a few points... normally not enough to be an immediate problem, but a few points nonetheless. I know this for a fact, as I tried to wear one of the damn things... my legs are already not getting enough oxygen, and those few points made it a lot worse.

As a medical professional, it bothers me that you would hazard to make such a statement.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

FYI.

The mask I wear in public is a simple cloth mask. I made about 10 out of some fine fiber cloth I purchased. And just wash and dry them in the dryer till "cooked"

I only pull it up once in a crowded location.

Now, wait a minute here... you have been going on about N95 masks (according to Kenzo's excerpt from a medical doctor, you were wrong about the filter size of the N95 by a factor of 3), but then you tell us you wear a cloth mask? And you pull it off and on during the wearing?

Yeah, bet your eyes are brown...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There's a paper detailing the real world effectiveness of various mask types (from cloth to N200) here: royalsocietypublishing.org...://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspa.2020.0376 and here: royalsociety.org... - even cloth worn incorrectly is better than nothing, though n200 is the most effective type for preventing infection and spread of covid.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The Highwire with Del Bigtree

MASK-ERADE AT THE CDC

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Your first ink is broken; the second one works and is the source for the below excerpts.

Based on your claim of working with pathogens in a medical field, I did you the honor of looking over your documentation, this despite the initial declaration toward the top of the first page:

"This paper is a pre-print and has not been subject to formal peer-review."

In research, this means the paper is opinion only... perhaps opinion by experts, granted, but still opinion. That can be seen clearly in the very first key point:

"Cloth face coverings are effective in reducing source virus transmission, i.e., outward protection of others, when they are of optimal material and construction (high grade cotton, hybrid and multilayer) and fitted correctly and for source protection of the wearer."

Emphasis mine. I will also note that nothing in this key point is quantiified, unlike the study by the CDC.

Reading further, it appears that this recommendation paper is simply that: a study of the effectiveness of government programs designed to encourage face mask wearing and recommendations on methodology to enhance compliance. In other words, it is not a study on mask effectiveness per se, but a study on the effectiveness of government attempts to convince people of the need for face masks. There's a difference, and anyone in a technical field should be easily aware of this difference.

In short, that means I now doubt your claim of being a medical professional. Perhaps you are, but you have failed to show any compelling indication of such and indeed, have shown compelling contra-indication of your claim. One should understand that given the very nature of the Internet, claims as to personal occupation are always subject to question and moreso when unprofessional opinions and behavior are observed. You have been caught several times in the last few pages with significant errors in both knowledge and logic, and now you present a paper on effectiveness of government programs as a paper on effectiveness of the science supporting the programs.

If you wish to wear a face mask, by all means do so. But I will repeat my position: according to my own observations and data from various sources, face mask wearing in public has not been proven to me to be effective. I also see potential health issues for the general public based on the present mandates, and have directly experienced health issues from wearing face masks in my own personal situation. Therefore, while I in no way condemn you for wearing a face mask in public, I choose not to do so and condemn strongly anyone, including you, who wishes to enforce poorly-considered mandates for the public under force of law.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If you wish to wear a face mask, by all means do so. But I will repeat my position: according to my own observations and data from various sources, face mask wearing in public has not been proven to me to be effective. I also see potential health issues for the general public based on the present mandates, and have directly experienced health issues from wearing face masks in my own personal situation. Therefore, while I in no way condemn you for wearing a face mask in public, I choose not to do so and condemn strongly anyone, including you, who wishes to enforce poorly-considered mandates for the public under force of law.

TheRedneck

If there was incontrovertible proof that wearing a mask 100% prevented COVID and myriad other airborne diseases - and the powers that be put in a mask mandate when in public places where social distancing is not possible until this present outbreak is reasonably under control, would you still refuse to wear one? Even if the government was handing out free respirators to those that experience breathing or health issues with traditional face coverings?

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JusticeIsComing

If there was incontrovertible proof that wearing a mask 100% prevented COVID and myriad other airborne diseases - and the powers that be put in a mask mandate when in public places where social distancing is not possible until this present outbreak is reasonably under control, would you still refuse to wear one? Even if the government was handing out free respirators to those that experience breathing or health issues with traditional face coverings?

That is one hell of a hypothetical. I would examine the data and come to a conclusion; I see no point in stating otherwise. I happen to be pretty proud of the fact that my natural immunity is so strong and attribute that to me being regularly exposed to that myriad of other airborne diseases.

The biggest thing I would likely look at would be the potential deadliness of the diseases prevented. In the case of this Kung Flu virus, that risk is negligible for the vast majority of people. I think that even complete prevention would take a back seat to the extreme inconvenience and potential for a slower immunity in the future. Any government program that can grant something for free can also take it away just as easily.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I think you've got me confused with another poster there. I'm not a medical professional and have never claimed to be; I certainly don't have anything to do with handling pathogens and haven't posted once in the last few pages, let alone several times.

My background is Applied Maths and Journalism - I've been involved in tutoring proper maths and stats alongside pharma profs and debunking bad science but I've never worked in the medical field.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
"The study also found that, of the 154 participants who tested positive, a total of 85% said they had worn a mask either "always" (70.6%) or "often" (14.4%) over the 14 days prior to the onset of their illness. Of the 160 people who had tested negative, conversely, a total of 88.7% said they had worn a mask either "always" (74.2%) or "often" (14.5%)."

So Savanah bitch lips, even if you wear a mask you can catch covid.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think you've got me confused with another poster there.

Yes, I did. I was thinking about thedeadtruth while replying to you. He claimed to me a medical examiner.

This seems to be my day for catching up on my crow eating. Helpful hint: it tastes a lot better with ketchup.

Apologies.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The practical purposes of wearing masks these days are 1) to give the wearer a false sense of security 2) to give the wearer the idea that he is a team player on Team Lemmings and 3) to condition him or her to submit to authority, no matter how irrational or illegal the authority is.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You are seriously quoting Dr Mercola.

He sells everything and anything and makes a living off being "alternative" and anti-establishment.

He also sold thousands of fake vibration training machines to people who trusted him. AFTER he knew they were fake.

You want to trust him, go ahead.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
You are seriously quoting Dr Mercola.

He sells everything and anything and makes a living off being "alternative" and anti-establishment.

He also sold thousands of fake vibration training machines to people who trusted him. AFTER he knew they were fake.

You want to trust him, go ahead.

Your effort is informed, and commendable..but you know you are wasting your time. The witchdoctor who believes in "demon sex" as an example of what people "want" to believe..and I say that, not really knowing what to believe myself.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The 85% lie. Yes it is a lie. Many of the places I have had reports on have no masks at all for distribution. Let alone 85% of the population. So I have no idea what you are on about.

But you said it was from the CDC. So assuming it was from somewhere in the U.S. ?

Even though we are all clearly discussing a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.I am pretty sure I made that point very clear. Right?

You know what global means. Or you so ignorant and arrogant you think the world is the U.S.A. ?

If I have to start educating you know on (a) The internet is global (b) The Pandemic is global.
Then I am afraid you are at a massive disadvantage in this debate.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
(a) Yes. Been doing "real world" body recovery for 40 years. As in outside in many out of control, non-sterile scenarios.

(b) No we do not refrigerate the bodies. As C19 loves the cold. I can do the cases at a speed we have no decomposition issues. ( admit tingly not everyone can do this )

Note: You seem to be commenting on things you have no idea about. Even the basics. Which I predicted if you were a fake expert. But keep digging.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join