It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mask narrative breaks down due to TDS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
I wear a mask so I don’t have to fight with my wife.😷🤧

LOL, you are not the only one.

So many others wear a mask ONLY to keep a job.

The young children wearing them have already had their worldview changed. It's sad.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

My kids will be such oddballs, having never worn a mask to indoctrination school. Hooray homeschool.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Mask is such a NON story sure seams to take up a lot of thread space .
Why does it matter to you ? The only place mask is pushed is NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO MASK NO SERVICE .
Any ware else parks walking down the street your yard your home its up to You .

No ones gets arrest for not waring a mask There is NO mask waring law !! So just what is it your pushing to make IT ILLEGAL TO ware a mask ?

Because people do have the right to ware a mask and stores have the RIGHT to refuse service to YOU if you don't . Live with it .

As for Trump IT will NOT be the media who votes Him Out or back in it will be the 160 ? 180 ? million voters who do . You and Trump should turn off the phone close your twitter page there is a whole Big wide world out there .

O and if you want to shop well you may or may not get kicked out when you don't ware a mask But Trump and the Right do Love drama and you will get a lot that way .

anyway Good luck to Trump .

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This entire thread and narrative is utterly destroyed from the off. You people never seen to read this argument but I'll try to keep it simple:

Evidence shows that masks reduce the likelihood of transmission. There is a huge, detailed, current study from Oxford University which proves it unequivocally. Do yourself a favour and read it. Apologies but there's no YouTube video with it so I know you'll struggle.

As such, this entire thread is fake news. Nobody said masks stop the spread. They said it reduces it. This is a fact. Yet still you all rush to defend Trump and his BS yet again.

As for "it's not your responsibility to protect me" (Read: "it's not my responsibility to protect you") - that just shows the kind of "man" that you are. What a disgustingly tragic world view. What my dad used to refer to as "I'm alright Jack; f*** you" mentality.

Well I only hope my kids grow up to want to help their fellow man/woman. If I raise someone that selfish and self-centred I will have failed as a parent.

I know the responses will be the usual 4chan "triggered lefty lmao" because that's what you people do here. Just know that you're not good people. And if you claim to be Christian, you absolutely do not live by Christian values.

You lost your way.
edit on 6-10-2020 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
NON of these will ever utter the word Christion . Christ ADVACATED personnel responsibility .
The first time they go to a church and here how sinfully they are will be the last .

But we do NOT need a GOD after all morals No humans is born with them they are learned OR NOT learned .
In the US morals have going by the ways side 30 years back .

Trump is the end result of a total lak of personal responsibility . You dont like what you hear fire them call them names tell every one how bad they are and how great you are .

Am I talking about trump NO I am talking about well at this point 90 % of people in the US after all its not like a rioter does not know its bad or a looter does not know its all about them and what they can do from one mint to the next consequence's be dammed .

Juts Like the Right and Trump and nancy and well I dont have enough space for all the names .
edit on 6-10-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

One could be only around people wearing full-on hazmat, sextuple N95 masks (made that up just now) and still pick up a virus on one's hands, then pick a nice juicy booger and eat it, consumig said virus.

Anyone who thinks even 2-way masks (sneezer and sneezee) are foolproof is as stupid as the fools who can't comprehend physics and think they do nothing at all.

They're risk reduction. They're viral load reduction. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

In your rush to flame those that take a different position on the matter, you seem to have overlooked a key detail of the debate: CONSISTENCY.

I will kindly point out to you that many of those holding skepticism about the effectiveness of masks do not dispute the utility of wearing a mask as it pertains to blunting the spread of the virus. Let me say that again: MOST people aren't disputing data on ability of masks to block particulate matter. The issue is the "when", "where" and "how long" that masks must be donned.

Nevertheless, allow me to inquire with you on the following scenarios...

1. Dinner party awaiting service in restaurant patiently awaits seating, wearing masks all. Upon being summoned to their table, party transits dining room, again each continuing to wear their mask, and upon reaching their table, takes their seats and posts order to waiter, AGAIN remaining clad in masks all the time, UNTIL such time as food/beverage arrives, when TA-DA! masks are relegated to necklaces or discarded to table surface. DOES THE CORONA VIRUS TAKE A FEW MINUTES "OFF" WHILST OUR DINING PARTY COMPLETES THEIR MEAL? This is a vital consideration, as many eateries at least in US are embracing this seemingly bone-headed policy to remain open & servicing customers.

2. US citizens are being warned/admonished about the LIFE-THREATENING and SEVERE RISK (allcaps for maximum fear factor) that in-person voting will pose to the population this Autumn, and as such, a 'vote by mail' campaign of unprecedented scale has been undertaken in the States, DESPITE concerns and in fact REAL precedent of fraud and blatant cheating that such voting schemes have introduced in local elections here. MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE HOMESTEAD, every week, sometimes every day, members of the family must exit their stronghold for visits to e.g. Walmart, Aldis, Target, bank, post office etc etc. YET NO HUE AND CRY is let out to eliminate such risky behavior.

Are you beginning to see the problem here??

The same people shaming the public into wearing masks are the chaps who are using it to suit their own financial and political AGENDAS.

BTW I wear my mask everywhere I go, and if approaching an establishment I've forgotten my mask, I will reverse course and retrieve it, to CONFORM but also to protect not just me but OTHERS less healthy than I.

Please take a moment to consider the implications of above, lest it be an irony to lash out at fellow people for thoughtless self-centered thinking without fully listening/grokking their point of view.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I don't think anybody with half a brain ever said masks were the end all be all of protection, unless perhaps you go full on moon suit. But they do buy you a bit of time if you have to be in public or close quarters with people.

Here's Michael Osterholm describing how a cloth mask helps slow the spread but ultimately is not a fail safe.

LINK: www.youtube.com...

TLDW:

- If you're in a small room with somebody who is infected and neither of you are wearing masks, within 2 minutes you likely will have consumed enough of the virus to become infected yourself.

- Wearing a cloth mask doubles that infection time to about 4 minutes or so (if both people are wearing masks) - but cloth masks still leak out the side so it's not perfect.

- Wearing a mask is better than not wearing a mask, but it's even better if you just stay away from people altogether.

Or... I guess... just go around hugging as many people as you can.

LINK: www.youtube.com...

edit on 10/6/20 by JusticeIsComing because: embedding the YT videos didn't work

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I can’t believe this is STILL up for debate, but masks have become so damn politicized that I shouldn’t be surprised I guess. No one seems to get it, so I’ll use an analogy everyone loves: sex.

- If you go at it with zero protection, don’t be surprised if the woman gets pregnant (=> catches COVID).

- Condoms are 98% effective in theory, but in practice people don’t use them appropriately so it’s more like 85% (=> masks are generally effective, BUT people might touch their face or not put them on appropriately. This DOES NOT mean they aren’t effective).

- Combining forms of protection, like condoms + birth control (=> multiple people wearing masks, masks + social distancing, etc) improves the overall effectiveness to above 98% (masks aren’t THIS effective but the trend is the same)

- You can have sex with a condom and still get pregnant. NO FORM OF PROTECTION IS 100% EFFECTIVE other than abstinence!!! (=> stay at home forever)

- Since we are humans and that’s no fun, abstinence forever is infeasible (=> society needs to reopen), so when we’re not trying to have babies we have to do whatever we can to minimize the possibility of pregnancy (=> WEAR A DAMN MASK!).

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Also, are motorcycle helmets effective? If I put one on and deliberately crash my motorcycle, does it mean they don’t work at all and no one should wear a sissy helmet ever if I died from a brain hemorrhage?
edit on 6-10-2020 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

I get what you're saying and all, but the analogy is horrible.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

No it’s modesty. There’s a difference. Mask wearing is the hoax. We know it don’t we. The Covid 19 virus is extremely small and the masks don’t stop it, though they can filter out some of that crud being spewed by coughing individuals. But yah the masks are a pretend safety valve.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

I can’t believe this is STILL up for debate
Neither can I. Did you take the kool ade? Or maybe the Blue Pill?
edit on 7-10-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Everyone is saying that masks reduce the risk of infection, not prevent it all together. Fair enough, but if this were the case, why have infection rates not altered (and in many cases actually increased) since mandatory mask wearing has come into effect?

Surely if masks reduce the risk, then infection rates should be at least partially reduced? Even if not all people are complying with the rules, the vast majority are and so this should show in the infection rates. Unfortunately, this is not the case, so I have to ask, what's the damned point?

It really doesn't matter what lab tests have been carried out or what their results were, because it's blindingly obvious at this point, simply by looking at the real world figures and by using common sense that they aren't effective.

Here in the UK, masks were made mandatory from 24th July (or July 24th for our American friends). As you can see in the graph below, cases reported have increased exponentially SINCE that date. As far as I can see, forcing people to wear masks has done NOTHING, so again I ask, what's the point?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nik1halo

Yeeh..mask dont help , stubid mask wont help .

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

One could be only around people wearing full-on hazmat, sextuple N95 masks (made that up just now) and still pick up a virus on one's hands, then pick a nice juicy booger and eat it, consumig said virus.

Anyone who thinks even 2-way masks (sneezer and sneezee) are foolproof is as stupid as the fools who can't comprehend physics and think they do nothing at all.

They're risk reduction. They're viral load reduction. Nothing more, nothing less.

If a person is infected with the virus, masks sustain the viral load. They block it from being exhausted through the respiratory process, one function of which is the elimination of toxins. If one is infected, wearing the mask keeps the viral load high.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The point of the mask mandating is to control people and push a narrative. No one wants to mention Sweden and their situation. I’m a believer in herd immunity and I don’t have a problem wearing a mask or anyone else wearing it. I am no for being forced and mandated to do so when I believe the reasoning is not sound and in my opinion has a nefarious agenda

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So if Biden wins he says they will be certified safe mask. People should be looking at politicians investments in China right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog

The point of the mask mandating is to control people and push a narrative. No one wants to mention Sweden and their situation. I’m a believer in herd immunity and I don’t have a problem wearing a mask or anyone else wearing it. I am no for being forced and mandated to do so when I believe the reasoning is not sound and in my opinion has a nefarious agenda

This isn't a law about some tax referendum or a random policy change where "in my opinion" is a thing that matters. Science doesn't care if you agree with it or not.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Mask is such a NON story sure seams to take up a lot of thread space .
Why does it matter to you ? The only place mask is pushed is NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO MASK NO SERVICE .
Any ware else parks walking down the street your yard your home its up to You .

No ones gets arrest for not waring a mask There is NO mask waring law !! So just what is it your pushing to make IT ILLEGAL TO ware a mask ?

Because people do have the right to ware a mask and stores have the RIGHT to refuse service to YOU if you don't . Live with it .

As for Trump IT will NOT be the media who votes Him Out or back in it will be the 160 ? 180 ? million voters who do . You and Trump should turn off the phone close your twitter page there is a whole Big wide world out there .

O and if you want to shop well you may or may not get kicked out when you don't ware a mask But Trump and the Right do Love drama and you will get a lot that way .

anyway Good luck to Trump .

Jesus, I feel dumber for having read this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join