It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man shot by Police, it’s a bad one

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

An interesting read (reads as a cautionary tale--I definitely can see the Balkanization of the US)
www.opensocietyfoundations.org...
edit on 5-10-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001
Anything that doesn't go viral, or caught on camera..is obviously swept under the rug.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The problem is that in going public with these stories, the press has little interest in telling the full story, only the story they want to tell.

Same can be said for the police.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I trust the press less.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: vonclod

I trust the press less.

I have learned to trust neither..seen too much, been in the middle of it too. They lie like any other ass covering entity or person.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

TRN, this article has been written in a deceptively manipulative manner. If a family member or friend was present the article would have been written as saying just that and would have named the family and relative that was present. Therefore the testimony of the family and friend at this point are nothing more than hearsay. You are basing an opinion kf this matter and levying judgement on hearsay at this time.

I agree that IF this played out exactly as the deceptively written article states, it is beyond horrendous. However because of the deceptive writing I cannot levy judgement because the story may not be complete.

For all I know, this man Jonathan price is from the same psychological warfare unit as the actor/agent/operator who played George Floyd.
Earlier this year a gentleman collapsed and died in front of my job. Technically the business next to ours. Height of the corona terrorism in May I believe maybe april. I could see the man lying on the sidewalk and the scene was already secured. A female deputy who looked likebshe was made for tv showed up to gather the surveillance footage. The oddest thing jappened though, he was on our properry for hourz and the deputies changing shifts all drove past him. At approximately 7:42am when he finally gets up to leave the video skips three minutes to 7:45am. In all the video i have had to run for the deputies for various thieves, this had never happened. I was there two years and this was the only time I or my General manager had ever seen such a thing.

It immediately occured to me this could only of happened remotely with someone accessing the servers. I reported it to the corporate office as this means those three minutes were somehow erased in real time or shortly thereafter. I never heard back and was advised to just move on an ignore it. The incident never made it on the local news despite the body being out on the sidewalk surrounded by deputies trying to block him along a very busy motorway in the mid morning one block from a trI-county interstate exit during the time of peak covid fear and terror believing they could just all die from a cough or a sneeze.

Be suspicious of all activity in this nation with a legal propoganda agency with agents and operators in all industries and professions by statute with an annual allocated budget.

My only suggestion on this specific incident is do not rush to judgement on a story lacking in facts and evidence not citing actual witnesses to the event.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

What it tells me is that they are intimidated by people who are bigger, stronger, smarter, better, xxxx-er than them. At least in the small towns I lived, police were the kids who got no respect in school and then became bullies in blue.

That's kinda what I was trying to say. It's not racism; it's fear of someone bigger and badder than they are. The only thing I see that could be considered racist is that some people consider black males to be aggressive, superior fighters. So you have a big, athletic, aggressive, superior fighter and what do you do? Take him out before he takes you out.

Of course that is a false narrative. Black males are no more aggressive than white males, nor are they inherently superior fighters. Big and athletic do not equal aggressive either; truth be told, the most aggressive people I have ever known were little, wiry guys. I guess they felt they had something to prove.

It sounds we actually agree. I just included a societal bias that is the direct result of a learning curve perpetuated by media.

We have a police problem in this country, but the race narrative is distracting from the bigger problems:

1. Drug war
2. Police dogs
3. Bully cops with no accountability
4. Ability for police to lie
5. Unclear commands and disclosure of the law

Agreed on all those counts. Although I do see a purpose for police dogs... as long as their use is not abused. If someone exhibits a fear of a police dog, pull the thing back. That is a real phobia.

For example, We should expand Miranda to include something stated by police that they must declare as soon as a person is free to go. No more false imprisonment.

That wouldn't work as a part of Miranda. Miranda is a set of rights read to the suspect before questioning. While the right to go free when possible could be considered a right as well, the onus would be on the police officer. It should be a requirement, just not as a part of Miranda.

Until more details come out in this case, I’m gonna guess it is mistaken identity. Cop thought he was the criminal and not the hero. Acted too fast. Freaked out.

That's where I am. Subject to further details of course.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

A large part of the reason black folk seem to excel in athletics is that they genetically have a shorter torso and longer legs. That tends to give a slight edge to the more talented over a similarly talented white player. Inn swimming or skating that doesn't matter. Even in hockey, that slight edge doesn't make much of a difference. In hockey, a low center of gravity is a benefit, where in basketball the longer legs are an advantage.

Just a tad bit of trivia.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Any opinion I post is always based on what evidence has been presented. I retain the right to change my opinion when and if information relevant to it emerges.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It appears justice is working properly at this time. The officer has been arrested.

Wolfe City police officer Shaun Lucas, who is white, was arrested on suspicion of murder in the death of Price, who was Black, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a statement. Wolfe City officials have declined to comment on the shooting outside of noting on Sunday that the Rangers were investigating the incident and the officer was on administrative leave pending the investigation.

Link

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Did he resist officers demands and walk away?
edit on 6-10-2020 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Did he resist officers demands and walk away?

Walk away while being tased? Doubtful. The Texas Rangers found his use of deadly force was not "objectionably reasonable".

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Its hard to say. No opinion til the full story is known, but I will say this...

When a police officer tells you to hit the ground, he or she isn't asking for your cooperation. After a lawful order is given, it will be followed or any degree of reasonable force may be used to gain compliance

If this happened as the story says, then we will have to see. But I'm done tearing down my own kind over half baked narratives painting LEO as bad people I'm sick of it

If it was out of line then I'm sure involuntary manslaughter charges will be considered. But 99% some idiot with a chip on their shoulder, blinded by all this race baiting BS, fails to comply and force needs to be used to gain conpliance. Everything from officer presence to voice commands to pain compliance and possibly even beyond.
edit on 10/6/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Justoneman

A large part of the reason black folk seem to excel in athletics is that they genetically have a shorter torso and longer legs. That tends to give a slight edge to the more talented over a similarly talented white player. Inn swimming or skating that doesn't matter. Even in hockey, that slight edge doesn't make much of a difference. In hockey, a low center of gravity is a benefit, where in basketball the longer legs are an advantage.

Just a tad bit of trivia.

TheRedneck

Why do you insist on signing your name after ever post? We know who you are. And in 100 years nobody is going to care what you say.

But. Yes. What you say is true.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Maybe he likes being formal.

Augustus Masonicus.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That cracked me up.

Frogs 453

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: galaga

Maybe he likes being formal.

Augustus Masonicus.

I guess. Lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You know what else is bad? Thirty shootings in Chicago last weekend. But let’s riot over one police shooting. I’m burned out on the BLM issue after so many incidents where the cop is immediately judged guilty and usually found to be justified when the facts become available.

Black-on-black murders are at least an order of magnitude worse than police deaths, but the news media ignores them. That’s just evil. Where’s the journalistic integrity, the public watchdogs?

Tens of thousands of blacks are wounded by gunfire each year and treated in ERs. I wonder who’s shooting them? Why doesn’t that provoke public outage?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Most people can process more than one issue at a time and don't typically conflate ones that are dissimilar.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Well if the rangers have made the determination, they clearly have a better picture than anyone of us. Of course nobody I even remember this in a week, and if it has not made it viral than the entire operation could just be a staged production,arrested officer and all.

Sometimes the easiest way to kill a psy op after it had been exposed is to simply expedite the results. Without the typical terrorist media blasting it out 24/7 I just getsuspicious.

-Worldstarcountry

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join