It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, what is wrong with American media?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Linden Johnson's Great Society.
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well one thing's for sure there's too many damn commercials between brakes on the American Media I mean way too many commercials where I didn't want to listen to him which in fact I really don't.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

And the fact the CIA among other American intelligence agency's became home to the NAZI's.
crimereads.com...
It was not just in Europe many of them moved to the US under operation paperclip and were given clean records, even serious war criminal's whom had committed some bloody terrible atrocity's among them.

What was the NAZI's greatest tool, the Media used to brainwash the German Public.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That's called business. On any given day,many companies in the top 500 are in court for one matter or another. Things as mundane as "I slipped on a banana peel in your property" to"wage discrimination etc.." .
Most of those lawsuits aren't trump personally being sued, just his company dealing g with whatever litigation big businesses deal with everyday.
Bankruptcy also is usually simply tied to restructuring the debt to make sure creditors can be paid, not necessarily a business that shuts down.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Fools

a reply to: Fools

Both Biden and Trump both have allegedly been a bit 'rapey', and in more than a single instance.

The guilt of one doesn't absolve the other, which is how each side's supporters seem to think it works.

I can't believe that the process doesn't ensure that candidates are exemplary and above suspicion. Like the way a Justice of the Peace or above is supposed to pass a police background check before being granted the position.

Every single Trump allegation was thrown out of court. Now I suppose the question is were they thrown out of court via a payoff or just proven to be frivelous? I currently have no idea - but I do know that NONE of the Trump allegations were as horrific and "rapey" as Tara Reids is about Joe. And if you watch the video, she is not the only one. It's sick to equate this to well dudes just did that back then...Here is what would happen if we had a decent media...THEY WOULD DIG IN AND FIND OUT! Political affiliation be damned.

But they won't. And it seems sadly none of them ever will until there are some sort of repercussions from the public. WHo knows?

That's the Trump propaganda, and there are a few cases where he was aquitted (do cases ever get "thrown out of court"?) but that isn't what has happened for the majority of the 3,500 legal cases he has been involved in.

Legal affairs of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

To summarise, from that Wikipedia link:

"Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150. Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court. Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983. In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution. Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.

Where are the "rapey" stuff you are on about ?
Most are related to business matters , and most of those were dropped .

BTW , the thread is not about Trump.
Get a freakin grip on yourself and reality.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Both Biden and Trump both have allegedly been a bit 'rapey', and in more than a single instance.

The guilt of one doesn't absolve the other, which is how each side's supporters seem to think it works.

I can't believe that the process doesn't ensure that candidates are exemplary and above suspicion. Like the way a Justice of the Peace or above is supposed to pass a police background check before being granted the position.

Every single Trump allegation was thrown out of court. Now I suppose the question is were they thrown out of court via a payoff or just proven to be frivelous? I currently have no idea - but I do know that NONE of the Trump allegations were as horrific and "rapey" as Tara Reids is about Joe. And if you watch the video, she is not the only one. It's sick to equate this to well dudes just did that back then...Here is what would happen if we had a decent media...THEY WOULD DIG IN AND FIND OUT! Political affiliation be damned.

But they won't. And it seems sadly none of them ever will until there are some sort of repercussions from the public. WHo knows?

That's the Trump propaganda, and there are a few cases where he was aquitted (do cases ever get "thrown out of court"?) but that isn't what has happened for the majority of the 3,500 legal cases he has been involved in.

"Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150. Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court. Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983. In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution. Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.

The OP specifically referenced "Scaramuchi acting like Trump did things equally as bad" as Biden allegedly did with Tara Reid.

The 'rapey' allegations against Trump were there in the linked article. Probably lost in the sheer volume of stuff: Legal Affairs of Donald Trump - 1.3.2 Personal and sexual

Also, Donald Trump sexual misconduct allegations
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit on 4/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
mote]originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Probably true the Chinese are not exactly flavour of the month at the moment with ANYONE, still we watch what they are up to on our Chinese made TV, read about it on our Chinese made smart phones and computers or even our Newspapers probably printed on Chinese made rollers.

Why, because our own corporations are the ENEMY and the Chinese only did what we would do in there shoes they played us for suckers, stole our job's, stole our industry, our science and our technology and then laughed all the way to the bank while plotting there very UN-communist take over the world in which there ruling PARTY which is really just a bunch of very wealth Chinese git's with big investments in there corporations and ours - and no morality whatsoever - plot to outdo the OLD NWO with there own NEW NWO.

Still while we complain about that may as well get a Chinese in, anyone for Peking duck.

(haha actually I prefer Japanese cuisine, chicken Katsu, omurice with beef curry (sticky sweet Japanese fried rice in a pasty shaped omelette with mild wagyu beef curry) etc or no Netherlands food, oh goodness man if you have never had frit sauce on your chip's - French fries to you yank's over there we call them chips and what you call Chips we call Crisps - you have not lived completely remakes them ---- Netherlander's - Dutch - do the tastiest food, Italians, Greek's, Some Spaniards and Japanese do the healthiest)

Lmao your post gave me the munchies...

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

That's called business. On any given day,many companies in the top 500 are in court for one matter or another. Things as mundane as "I slipped on a banana peel in your property" to"wage discrimination etc.." .
Most of those lawsuits aren't trump personally being sued, just his company dealing g with whatever litigation big businesses deal with everyday.
Bankruptcy also is usually simply tied to restructuring the debt to make sure creditors can be paid, not necessarily a business that shuts down.

Oh, I get it, like with the Mafia, "Sorry bud, it's just business..."

Blam, blam, blam.

LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The OP specifically referenced "Scaramuchi acting like Trump did things equally as bad" as Biden allegedly did with Tara Reid.

The 'rapey' allegations against Trump were there in the linked article. Probably lost in the sheer volume of stuff: Legal Affairs of Donald Trump - 1.3.2 Personal and sexual

You'll forgive me for taking anything referenced in Wikipedia with a grain of salt. They do truly suffer from the same problems as the MSM. For another OP I suppose, but wiki editors have been caught thousands of times, if not more, placing bias above anything factual. And that is the problem, if they would stop doing that then maybe I would consider them as a valid resource. At this time, I personally cannot.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You'll forgive me for taking anything referenced in Wikipedia with a grain of salt. They do truly suffer from the same problems as the MSM. For another OP I suppose, but wiki editors have been caught thousands of times, if not more, placing bias above anything factual. And that is the problem, if they would stop doing that then maybe I would consider them as a valid resource. At this time, I personally cannot.

Of course Wikipedia, can be biased, but so can any source of information.

However, they post their references at the bottom of the articles and there are processes of review where contributors get evaluated by others in an attempt to validate the data as best as we can achieve it.

That's where you can do your own fact checking, if you want.

If you don't treat what you read online with some skepticism, you are open to be easily decieved, especially by those who make emotional appeals (like 'think of the children, sniffle, sob').

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Blam, blam, blam.

LOL

Quoted for a God-like level of hilarity.

Don't worry, my friend who is currently residing on an island off of an old penal colony.

You can still contribute to the DNC, you can still probably vote in our next Presidential election here in the US.

Your voice will be heard!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Blam, blam, blam.

LOL

Quoted for a God-like level of hilarity.

Don't worry, my friend who is currently residing on an island off of an old penal colony.

You can still contribute to the DNC, you can still probably vote in our next Presidential election here in the US.

Your voice will be heard!!!

I'm as human as the next guy.

... and if I wanted to contribute to the DNC, why would I post here?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Media news is little more than a reemergence of yellow journalism combined with partisan affiliation. They have no interests other than sensationalism and political/ideological propaganda.

When they aren't fabricating stories they are twisting the facts into emotional bait. Money and power.

The dark side of Bernays style propaganda is back with a vengeance, and they've had decades to fine tune it tighter than the Soviets did.

The water is getting pretty dang warm. It'll start boiling before you know it.

If only a mainstream media outlet would turn the tide and try to undo the harm they've done line ol' Edward Bernays did toward the end of his life.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The media only presents what people "want" to see. In other words, the media (all forms of it) only exist at all because they are able to generate revenue from advertisers / sponsors as a result of their content. If people weren't willing to sit down and watch it, they (the media) would either cease to exist, or they would change their content until they found something the people were willing to tolerate long enough to ram a whole slug of advertisements (revenue) down the viewer's collective gullets.

That said, the media does have the power to 'steer' consumers into their content. By this I mean they can manipulate people into thinking they 'want' to see a certain program or content. And they do this using dwell time and ever increasing propaganda. This is where the big money shows up in the media, the media giants and the money behind them. People get paid staggering amounts of money to manipulate the way you think. The subtleties they use to accomplish this would floor most people if they understood. So, what are some of the big / most common ones? Well, let's see....

1. People love to see other people fail, they like to see other people in pain. It's a confidence booster, and ego boost if you will. It's sick, and it's twisted, but unfortunately it's also human nature. It's like the old adage of the train wreck...you can't watch, but you can't look away. But here's the hook; they don't show it all to you. They show you only enough to spark your imagination, and the reason for this is because this is all they can show you. If the networks could run 100% pure GORE, they absolutely would! Networks would run gore-porn, porn, death-porn 24x7x365. And do you know what? Their ratings would absolutely skyrocket into the stratosphere and beyond! Because that's what people want to see. So, competition between networks becomes an exercise of who can get the closest to the line (the law).

2. Make the viewer mad, not at you (the network), but at his fellow man. This is a big one. Make the viewer mad and he'll stay long enough to watch those advertisements. Why? See #1, because he wants to see someone fail, or be in pain. But now, because he's angry, it becomes personal to him. He wants to see someone fail, not because of just some casual interest, but rather now he wants to see a specific group fail so he can feel good about winning, himself personally. This is a big psychological tactic, and once the network can get you to this point, he's got you hooked for hours, days, months and maybe even for life.

I could go on, but just with these two examples you can get a glimpse of how and why things like hate sell advertisements. Unrest, or the threat of it, sells advertisements. People dying sells advertising. Scandal, or the appearance of it, sells advertising. It's all about advertising and sponsorship.

Bottom line: If people didn't watch it, it wouldn't exist.

Singer-songwriter Don Henley said it best...

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

- Don Henley - Dirty Laundry

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join