It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Halloween

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How will / should Halloween be treated in the era of COVID-19?

Halloween will look different this year, but it can still be fun and enjoyable if you plan ahead for a safe holiday by planning if you’ll participate, what you’ll wear, and how you’ll hand out candy safely.

Don’t allow dozens of hands to reach into the same candy bowl or picky trick-or-treaters to rifle through your candy to find the best one. 

Trick-or-treating is largely an outside activity and is a much better option than an indoor gathering. While wearing a mask and keeping a six-foot distance is key, kids and families can trick-or-treat in a safe way.

Once you’re home from trick-or-treating the impulse might be to dive right into eating candy but remember to first: Wipe down candy wrappers with a disinfectant wipe before your child eats anything. Don’t wipe the candy itself; that would be dangerous.

High-risk activities. Please avoid these to prevent the spread of COVID-19!

Traditional trick-or-treating without masks and social distancing.

Crowded costume parties held indoors.Indoor haunted houses.

Hayrides or tractor rides with people who aren’t in your household.

Traveling to a rural fall festival outside of your community.

link

What will you be doing to celebrate this Covid Halloween?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

jolly rancher candy and a sling shot

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

“What will you be doing to celebrate this Covid Halloween?”

Touching as many people possible.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Since it's always difficult to find trick-or-treat in this area, we told our son that we're going to cook some spooky food, push the couch back against the walls in the living room, bring up the air mattress and have a Halloween movie marathon as a family finished with a slumber party.

I figure we'll watch on or two with more "teeth" and then finish with a more humorous or kid friendly one at the end and then all three of us will sleep in the living room.

We've already told him this and he seems OK with the concept.

It's also a good window of opportunity since it's a Saturday and the clocks are being pushed back an hour.
edit on 4-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
How will / should Halloween be treated in the era of COVID-19?

I'm debating on this system to distribute candy

Or to skip the candy and give out dosages of HCQ

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's going to be a very covid Halloween.

A member that I haven't seen posting lately had a prediction for Halloween in their end days timeline. I don't care how bad Halloween sucks due to covid this year. As long as the pit to hell doesn't open up, I see it as a win.

And a Mr. Rogers costume to cheer folks up. Won't you be my neighbor!

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Im going to lick all the Jolly Ranchers and rewrap em.

My costume is a cross dressing Trump/Hillary monster. Gonna scare the bezesus outta satan with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm not wiping down #, give me a break. Damn weak-kneed Howie Mandel level germophobes.

The neighborhood is still planning on door to door, because screw this dumpster fire year. We wanted normal neighborly interactions, so we changed nothing. We wanted the kids to still go outside and burn off energy as opposed to wide-loading the spring and summer away on their asses, so we didn't change that expectation either. Neighbors kept holding big BBQs all spring and summer and nobody turned anyone in. We've spent the entire god. damned. year being told everything we bucked and did our way was going to kill us.

It NEVER DID.

So we're even less inspired to alter Halloween.

Normalcy, it's a good thing. Even Martha approves.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

What will you be doing to celebrate this Covid Halloween?

By not calling it COVID Hallowe'en

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I’m wearing a mask with the word “Sheep” on it...

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ill be eating a bunch of mushrooms that make you feel funny and I am going to sit on my porch with my angry ass dogs looking at the night sky

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
gonna be a chit ton of kids dressed as doctors and nurses

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We normally get around 4-500 kids each year because of a Halloween parade that's held in the neighborhood, it's already been cancelled for this year so one of my primary sources of harvesting adrenochrome is now shot.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

just go with the old favourite it never fails , The lure of a sugar rush is to strong for them to resist

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

put a sign in front of your neighbors house that says "free wifi" you'll have plenty to harvest

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
put a sign in front of your neighbors house that says "free wifi" you'll have plenty to harvest

I changed my neighbor's sign to 'Black Olives Matter'. He still hasn't figured out who did it.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

if the neighbor didn't take that down by now you should be set. It will be a very Dahmer halloween in your neck of the woods

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It came down the next day. I'm working on a 'Trump/Peepee' one next.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If i were smarter I would be a rich man today. I had the idea of making sock puppets of trump and biden with their pants down so you can jam your hand up the candidate of your choosing's ass and make them say and do ridiculous things but alas I am a bit late on sourcing that but i do know if you had a pair of those you could have a regular theater from your window that will allow your neighbor in on your views. kind of like the muppet theatre of yesteryear

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well being the whole idea of Halloween is to WEAR A MASK then it should be Halloween as usual !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join