It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will you feel safe again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Man...a lot of people did not read the op properly.....

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
my fervent wish is that people feel free to live without fear. I have no fear of death. I should have fear of suffering, and extended time of pain...but I have lived thru that, and there was the other side that I live now. I do fear feeling sadness when a loved one, especially a youngster, dies and I no longer can see them.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
I never felt unsafe
even from the beginning, the numbers were not adding up

Emergency rooms quieter than normal in Chicago too...even during the so-called Covid-19 peak.

I feel more unsafe from the extra number of bees swarming around the Midwest this year!

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just to be clear, present climate and all that jazz, a mask is a good idea.

As to locking down the economy, not so much.

The R rate in the area should dictate the lockdown measures imposed.

And if that's what needs to be done then public health concerns supersede notions of freedom.
edit on 4-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And if that's what needs to be done then public health concerns supersede notions of freedom.

Why?

Where was that ever a deal made in the so-called social compact? I don't recall the idea that I can have all the liberty I desire ... unless something like the flu rolls around and you deem my liberty to be dangerous to someone else.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm certainly not of that camp who thinks everything being done to stifle life is a good route to take, but I imagine they'd feel safer if no one was allowed to leave their homes again, ever. I love the bitching about personal responsibility these people do & demand of others, but never do it themselves. I'm real tired of dragging out the High Risk # to argue with, but I AM High Risk. It's not Nitpicker Nancy's job to keep me safe at ALL. That is MY JOB. If you cannot hack it at life, and cannot be bothered to take care of yourself when you deem the circumstances for it fit, then too bad. I'm NOT mollycoddling you, grow up and do it yourself. And let me take care of myself, keep your nose to yourself and OUT of my business, capisce? You are not the be all, end all, and you don't get to make choices for the rest of us. Only you. If you can't make do with that, I'm sure there's some rock in the woods somewhere you can hide under for the rest of your short natural life (you'd never live long out in the wilderness, either)

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: dug88

You call destroying economies normal?

I feel safe going about my life as usual. No masks have to be worn in Western Australia

Either you're cherry picking to stir the pot for some reason, or reading is not a personal strength. Your C & P of:

world's current response to Covid is reasonable and effective

has not been quoted in full for context. Which, might I remind you, makes it LOOK like the OP is all in favor of this crap, and on your part, it is quite dishonest. Full quote for future thread browsers' reading:

Just a question for anyone who thinks the world's current response to Covid is reasonable and effective

Nice try, Sam. It's still a fail.
edit on 10/4/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here in Michigan Witless got beat by the Supreme Court and this morning everything was open even though she said not for 21 days the police don't care so the Nazi have their panties in a knot. Breakfast restaurant had all the tables open, just went for a cold one same thing all tables open. Free at Last ,Free at Last ,Free at Last.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Here in Michigan Witless got beat by the Supreme Court and this morning everything was open even though she said not for 21 days the police don't care so the Nazi have their panties in a knot. Breakfast restaurant had all the tables open, just went for a cold one same thing all tables open. Free at Last ,Free at Last ,Free at Last.

I think she's definitely going to try to use each government department to her advantage, but I think after the ruling, it's going to blow up in her face. I think the legislature is going to paddle her ass back to elementary school every time she approaches hem for permission and/or they'll nullify anything she does.
edit on 10/4/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Define normal for you?

Normal for me hasn't really changed at all, I had most of my food delivered before Covid, now I have all food delivered. I didn't go out to stores to purchase items, I ordered them, no change there aside from some shipping delays. My wife and I spend time with each other, no kids, and we don't really see friends often so only a few instances of not seeing friends has changed.

The biggest change for me was the work situation, I worked from home about 70% of the time and traveled the other 30%. Missing out on the dread of waking up super early on a Monday to catch a flight, staying a hotel I never feel comfortable in for a few nights, and flying back Thursday. I don't miss that all, and am watching my company to see if they'll allow us to do 100% remote work from now on. So far it looks promising, but if that ends up not being the case I have interviews at other places that are 100% forever.

So I would say for my version of normal, I never stopped living it.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

What will it take before you are no longer so scared of dying that you will live life again?

Are you serious? If you've paid attention to our posts at all over the last nine months you'd know who is terrified, who is mildly concerned and who doesn't give a rip.

I'm in the second category only because I don't like being sick from anything, otherwise I couldn't give a rip.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I think she's definitely going to try to use each government department to her advantage, but I think after the ruling, it's going to blow up in her face. I think the legislature is going to paddle her ass back to elementary school every time she approaches hem for permission and/or they'll nullify anything she does.

And the lawyers & politicians have all come out and said the SC ruling is effective back to April 30th according to Michigan law. She can pout and cry and threaten all she wants, the law is on our side.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
By the way, my state rep stopped by the house yesterday morning and while we were talking about it, he said the SC also found the 1945 law she tried using unconstitutional as well. Then he asked if I knew why bars & bowling alleys and such were the last to reopen? He said it's because they sued her in federal court earlier in the year and she was punishing them for doing that. It's essential we get the recall approved and vote her ass out asap.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Nyiah

And the lawyers & politicians have all come out and said the SC ruling is effective back to April 30th according to Michigan law. She can pout and cry and threaten all she wants, the law is on our side.

I totally know that (hell, it was my thread announcing the ruling) BUT this is Dipwhit we're talking about here. Don't put anything past her, she'll try everything she can until she's legally unable to try any further.

I'm not saying it'll go pear-shaped and this will be a short-lived victory. I'm just saying not to take your eyes off a shyster.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Life seems to have gotten back to normal here in my area (NYC suburbs) ever since about last May. Sure there are still restrictions in place, lots of people still working from home; but by and large the gathering areas, malls, stores, restaurants, beaches and extra have seen a return to normal.

I visited a popular summer beach area a few miles from my house; the place was packed shoulder to shoulder and masks where just an ornamental device.

Restaurants are full and are following the bare minimum of the rules and not very well. It's just enough that they can pretend that they tried if they ever get in trouble.

I've been house hunting and meeting with a lot of random people from all over. Everyone I meet has shook my hand saying they aren't worried about getting sick. Normal it goes "I'm not one of those people, I think where fine" as they extend their hand in greeting.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That is my take, once I've had the vaccine, two weeks later, I'm free.

I don't care about and won't care about the Democrat anti-vaxers because it was developed under Trump. Just a few months ago they were demanding universal required by law vaccines. Now they are rabid anti-vaxers. So let them stay in their basements while the rest of us get to live life.

I've had a friend in one of the trials, he got the real vaccine and did great. Can't wait for it to be made public. My closest friend is asking her Doc this week to put her on the waiting list at his office for a vaccine because she is very high risk.

So the Democrats can pass it around to each other in their basements while the rest of us get out and go back to life as normal.

As for masks, I wear one, my choice - you don't wear one, your choice. I believe in freedom first and foremost. I went to a crowded store yesterday and added a shield to my mask, no one seemed to care - I didn't care that the clerk didn't have a mask and wasn't behind plexiglass. I believe in freedom.

It is my job to protect my health, not yours. It is your job to protect your health, not mine.

That said, for me, I'll go back to normal 2 weeks after getting the vaccine, my choice. Dems scared of vaccines, their choice. Unlike liberals who a few months ago were screaming about mandatory vaccines for everyone under penalty of law - I believe in freedom. That is what is normal in the US, freedom.

edit on 10/4/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: chr0naut

I live in New Zealand.

And you don't feel jinxicated ?

Nope. We had a second wave, two more deaths in the month, and with only 5 new cases on 10th October, it now looks like it is sorted once more.

By comparison, the US had 50,044 new cases on the 10th of October and 690 deaths the same day.

So, I'm all (comparatively) safe.

edit on 4/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When a good majority of the past and current Democrat politicians are dead or locked up.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When redneck whackjobs stop taking covid as a joke.
edit on 4-10-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
When redneck whackjobs stop taking covid as a joke.

Well don't go holding your breath while waiting on that one.

Actually, go for it. Hold that breath, you'll win....something. Eventually.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Safe is the cold gaze of my cats sea colored eyes. I take comfort in knowing there is no comfort. That fear laden purr is my comfort.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join