It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Covid-19 Dangerous or Not? The Paradox

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

If you're over 70, immune compromised, obese, have pre existing health conditions, reduced respiratory function etc.

Yes

Otherwise

No

My 30 year old sister started feeling ill and tested positive 2 weeks ago. Last night she was admitted to the hospital and is now on a respirator. She is healthy, active, slim, and has zero preexisting conditions.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Best hopes for your sister LordAhriman.

May random chance fall in her favor.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Was it the same virus or mutation? What about family records of health issues, was he pre-disposed to certain ailments because of genetics? Was he a neat freak or dirty boi? Says he's healthy, but how much testing was done? Was he hiding anything so he could remain an active firefighter?

There are many questions that aren't being answered and quite frankly, I fear are being ignored.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Just so.

When I was in college, Imitrex was the brand new hot drug for migraine treatment. It was an aggressive vasoconstrictor. It had passed all the trials and gone through all the hoops. At that time, the only form available was a self-administered injection.

What they found upon releasing it into the wild for the general public was that people with undiagnosed, pre-existing cardiac and circulatory conditions were sometimes suddenly dying because it was placing that much stress on their systems. Aneurysms were bursting. Sudden heart attacks were occurring. Things like that. They almost had to recall it, and they did end up having to dial down the dose and change the recommendations for doctors prescribing it to make sure that people receiving it did not have those kinds of conditions.

The thing people have to accept is that we are all individuals with individual systems. Anytime you introduce anything foreign into our bodies, be it by design with a drug or vaccine or by nature through a disease process, you are going to have an individual reaction. My body is not yours, and how we are each going to react is going to be slightly different. Sure, we have a good idea how that ought to be based on years of research and medical understanding, but some of us are going to be outliers, and sometimes that's a very good thing and sometimes not so good.

Genetic variability ensures that there are almost always going to be a percentage of the population naturally immune to just about any disease just like there will also be those who are going to be uniquely vulnerable to the same illness.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

If you're over 70, immune compromised, obese, have pre existing health conditions, reduced respiratory function etc.

Yes

Otherwise

No

Incorrect.

40 year old, healthy firefighter... massive heart damage from covid and arrhythmia that they seem to not be able to fix by stopping and restarting his heart. Quite a few people are taking massive damage from this virus. It is not "nothing".

And quite a few people have tested positive and had absolutely zero symptoms.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

a reply to: dug88

Dude,

I know you want it to be nothing but it is not.

I know 2 people personally with covid heart damage at work. One (mentioned) really bad.

Simply google 21 year old died covid, 22 year old died covid, 23 year old died covid, etc.

You will find college athletes having heart attacks and needing vents. It is no joke.

As evidence builds that COVID-19 can damage the heart, doctors are racing to understand it

www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/evidence-builds-covid-19-can-damage-heart-doctors-are-racing-understand-it#:~:text=Even%20if%20COVID-19%20rarely,infla mmation%20portends%20worse%20heart%20health.

What COVID-19 is doing to the heart, even after recovery
www.heart.org...

COVID-19 Can Wreck Your Heart, Even if You Haven’t Had Any Symptoms

www.scientificamerican.com...

If You've Just Had Covid, Exercise Might Not Be Good for You
A growing number of studies are raising concerns about the coronavirus’ long-term effects on the heart. Athletes especially need to heed the warnings.

www.wired.com...

Holy crap you are the corrupt leaders and MSM’s dream! Look at you, posting all of the scary articles. Just like I’ve been saying for a while: when cases start to flatline and/or people stop being frightened into never leaving their homes, suddenly we will hear about the virus becoming more contagious and more deadly and crazier mutations. And look- they’re even saying “You can have massive heart damage from this virus even if it didn’t affect you!” They are so obvious it’s hilarious! “Athletes and healthy people: don’t even bother exercising! That will kill you now too! This virus makes healthy living habits into killer habits!” Can’t you see it?

Do you think there might be some people at the top who might really benefit from keeping us locked away and frightened, in both the short and long term?

Did you trust the media before this? If not, why are you trusting them now?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I just have a healthy respect for things that can cause me hospitalization and possible permanent disability.

But anyone who wants to go to the Buffet, good for them. I advise precaution but anyone is free to do as they wish.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
yes and covid is NOT the same as the flu.....covid is in the upper respiratory tract the flu is in the lower respiratory track www.sciencedaily.com... people with covid have much bigger clots and more likely to die than people with clots who don't have covid

flu does not cause long term effects like this.......Alyssa milano and emma samms are having long term problems witrh covid.......of cours not everyone dies from getting covid but you people keep calling it fake, a nothing burger are not addressing the long term effects for many survivors

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

originally posted by: Kenzo

Trump himself says it`s PLAGUE

So , plague is not virus disease . It should be called plague-19

Twitter

Um sorry to burst your attempt at a gotcha moment but a plague is literally defined as a disease caused by specific bacterium while Covid-19 (Coronavirus disease - 2019 is caused by a coronavirus.

Just further proof Trump has no idea what he talks about and you keep chugging kool-aid

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
that is true...so you and others like you are you psychic??? you absolutely know that you will not get covid or if you do you won't be one of the unlucky ones who will die ,lose limbs or have ongoing bad effects over the years.

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yes

Otherwise

No

Incorrect.

40 year old, healthy firefighter... massive heart damage from covid and arrhythmia that they seem to not be able to fix by stopping and restarting his heart. Quite a few people are taking massive damage from this virus. It is not "nothing".

And quite a few people have tested positive and had absolutely zero symptoms.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

You take that risk with a lot of illnesses. Heck, you take that risk with life itself.

Do you have pets? If so, I'd advise you to get rid of them because they can kill you. No, really they can.

Dogs and cats are walking murder factories.

edit on 4-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Plus I've always had a sneaking suspicion that it's all a game and they are all working together..... Left and right......the whole thing is manufactured.....

This!!!

And now with the covid's shockingly similar narrative around the world, I suspect most governments actually work together behind the scenes and the rest is "theatre" to keep us divided and angry.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And where are all these cases of heart damage and disability?? From what I can tell by the now scores of people who I have personally met or know that allegedly tested positive, they all got over their cold just fine like every other year they ever lived through a cold.

A cold is a cold. I wonder when the commercials for all those over the counter cold remedies will come back.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep..Covid-19 is just an additional threat to life. And not a big one at that, unless you already have serious existing medical conditions.

If these "at risk" individuals take the Covid-19 vaccine, it will reduce that threat for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join