It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Covid-19 Dangerous or Not? The Paradox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic there is a very vocal majority here who claim that if not an outright hoax, the coronavirus is straight up unconcerning. A nothing burger. The media is overblowing it, the healthcare community is lying about it, even the CDC is being manipulated by the deep state.

Which brings me to my quandary over the recent situation. If Covid-19 is not a big deal, why is Trump already at a hospital? Especially after the Twitter video he released, he looks pretty fine to me, and yet he’s staying at the hospital.

Now you may stop and go, hey now wait a minute MonkeyFishFrog, but Trump is 74 and it’s the elderly mostly passing away from coronavirus. Well according to a Fox News doctor he has absolutely no comorbidities to be concerned about.

But he’s at the hospital.

Not only is he at the hospital but despite being a 30 minute drive away he gets transported there by helicopter.

Chris Christie has also tested positive and also self-hospitalized as a way of getting ahead of the virus.

It’s almost as if the Republicans are saying one thing to the public but doing the exact opposite of that when it comes to themselves...

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

If you're over 70, immune compromised, obese, have pre existing health conditions, reduced respiratory function etc.

Yes

Otherwise

No

edit on 3/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
For the vast majority of people this virus is not that bad, but there are lots of people in this country who are at risk of a serious illness, it goes covid 19. Those people need to be careful. Trump is actually at an age where he could be more susceptable. And Christie doesn't look like he is in the greatest of health, although I am just looking at him and guessing, he may be fine with it. But we cannot be sure if we are susceptible or not so take precautions if you are more at risk and be considerate to others too, that is the civil thing to do. Wear a mask to lower risks to everyone. and try to do social distancing. And if you are sick don't give it to your grandparents or parents, so start being responsible. Not only will this help to stop the virus that causes covid, it can help reduce the flu and many other diseases. And of course, make sure you don't pass on this virus to the cat. My cat threatened me with it's claws to mention that.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

If you're over 70, immune compromised, obese, have pre existing health conditions, reduced respiratory function etc.

Yes

Otherwise

No

Please listen to this.

This is medical fact. So don't be afraid to take the family out and about.

Everything else is fake news

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Not only is he at the hospital but despite being a 30 minute drive away he gets transported there by helicopter.

It's a novel virus, you would have to be an idiot to NOT take precautionary measures when someone of power has it, even if it's a nothing burger. Only time will tell.

so what.... the president usually gets transported by helicopter.

Age is really not a factor as the MSM has us to believe. In short, if your parachute doesn't open you died of COVID.

so far it looks like a nothing burger.

Trump speaks from Walter Reed Hospital - update on his health situation

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yes

Otherwise

No

Incorrect.

40 year old, healthy firefighter... massive heart damage from covid and arrhythmia that they seem to not be able to fix by stopping and restarting his heart. Quite a few people are taking massive damage from this virus. It is not "nothing".

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Trump himself says it`s PLAGUE

So , plague is not virus disease . It should be called plague-19

Twitter

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And undiagnosed existing heart conditions were taken into account i assume?

People can have undiagnosed pre-existing conditions. It seems to make more logical sense that the people suffering unexpectedly bad symptoms likely have some kind of underlying condition than that covid-19 is some kind of supervirus defying all logic and known behaviour of other corona virii.

All the studies i've read regarding such things had either ridiculously small sample sizes, chose to willingly exclude data about pre-existing conditions and heavily implied causation where correlation was barely plausible.

It's unfortunate for that specific firefighter, but that's how life is sometimes.

I wasted a lot of money and time in my life learning science. A good chunk of that was sampling design, statistics and such things. I've yet to see a covid article or report that comes close to following proper methodology. The news articles that report on those half assed studies are even worse.

The news, the general public, random commenters can yell and tell me all the #ing anecdotes and stories they want. I try to base my decisions on well researched facts and evidence. From what i've seen, there are no well researched facts about covid and the evidence points to

'lt's probably not that bad unless you're already #ed or old to begin with'

I'd happily listen to well researched evidence and facts proving otherwise. But i've yet to see those. All i've heard for months is a whole bunch of reactionary bull# based on fear and emotions and if there's one thing i've learned in life, if a bunch of people are telling me to do things because of 'feelings' i should undoubtedly do the opposite and thus far, i haven't been proved wrong yet.
edit on 4/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yes

Otherwise

No

This^

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Dude,

I know you want it to be nothing but it is not.

I know 2 people personally with covid heart damage at work. One (mentioned) really bad.

Simply google 21 year old died covid, 22 year old died covid, 23 year old died covid, etc.

You will find college athletes having heart attacks and needing vents. It is no joke.

As evidence builds that COVID-19 can damage the heart, doctors are racing to understand it

www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/evidence-builds-covid-19-can-damage-heart-doctors-are-racing-understand-it#:~:text=Even%20if%20COVID-19%20rarely,infla mmation%20portends%20worse%20heart%20health.

What COVID-19 is doing to the heart, even after recovery
www.heart.org...

COVID-19 Can Wreck Your Heart, Even if You Haven’t Had Any Symptoms

www.scientificamerican.com...

If You've Just Had Covid, Exercise Might Not Be Good for You
A growing number of studies are raising concerns about the coronavirus’ long-term effects on the heart. Athletes especially need to heed the warnings.

www.wired.com...
edit on 4-10-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Because he is an actor, and people who consume scripted programming enjoy a good show.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yeah...and there's how many people in the world? How many cases of Covid? How many deaths? What percentage are those young people deaths vs even the inflated overall deaths that again, fail to take pre-existing conditions or complications into account in many cases?

Are those young healthy people a large percentage of deaths or a very small percentage?

You know what was pretty horrifying? That H1N1 pandemic that killed 30% of young people that got it. That's some # to shut the world down over...except wait...i remember now, they didn't....

Also would you care to link the actual studies referenced in those news articles? I'm guessing you've thoroughly read them and paid attention to the methodologies used yourself right?
edit on 4/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Look, it is a big deal if you are older or immunocompromised. If you are otherwise young and healthy you really don’t need to worry. People that are at risk should take appropriate precautions, but otherwise healthy people shouldn’t have their freedom and livelihood stripped from them. That is the truth of it and why I believe government has gone too far.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Ok, just you wait a minute monkeyfishfrog (which is a hilarious name btw.....props....

JK tho, I agree......

I began loosing faith in my dude trump when he started participating in the official coronavirus narrative.....

Plus I've always had a sneaking suspicion that it's all a game and they are all working together..... Left and right......the whole thing is manufactured.....

I visualize donald shaking hands with Killary, biden, and all the others......

It's so clearly horse $h!t

Meaning all of us keyboard warriors are straight up retarded gullible or lying.......

Some much, much much more than others.......

Very well written op btw...🤙

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You can all do what you wish but I say no thanks to heart damage and long term disability but please do not tell people that it only can impact old fat people because that is not the case.

krcgtv.com...

COLUMBIA — A study at Ohio State University found that 15% of athletes showed signs of heart damage after recovering from COVID-19.

Long-term heart damage from COVID-19 may ‘improve with time,’ new study suggests

www.cardiovascularbusiness.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I've gotta ask, it's been months now hiding,.what are your plans? Do you plan to hide indefinitely from the covid? Do you think everything will be ok after a vaccine's developed and all the worries of dying prematurely end? Do you think it'll just disappear? That if enough people get it or a vaccine it'll just magically go away?

Like honestly, i'v been wondering this whole time, all these people terrified of covid, when will be it ok for you to take your heads out of the sand?

At what point will you feel like your risk of untimely death is at a low enough level you can start living life again?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I'm one of the people that has been saying the virus is no big deal, so I'll answer your question from that perspective. I've never said the virus isn't real or hasn't killed some people - it's just that for the vast majority of people, statistically, there is nothing to worry about. It's so mild that many people don't even show symptoms or know they have it. Covid-19, like most viruses, IS however more dangerous to certain groups of people, one of those being the elderly. Trump is 74, which isn't exactly the prime of life anymore. His age combined with the fact that he's the president of the United States means it's not unreasonable to take some extra precautions just to be safe.
edit on 10/4/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Trump himself says it`s PLAGUE

So , plague is not virus disease . It should be called plague-19

Twitter

Um sorry to burst your attempt at a gotcha moment but a plague is literally defined as a disease caused by specific bacterium while Covid-19 (Coronavirus disease - 2019 is caused by a coronavirus.

Just further proof Trump has no idea what he talks about and you keep chugging kool-aid

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

It's a novel virus, you would have to be an idiot to NOT take precautionary measures when someone of power has it, even if it's a nothing burger. Only time will tell.

so what.... the president usually gets transported by helicopter.

Age is really not a factor as the MSM has us to believe. In short, if your parachute doesn't open you died of COVID.

so far it looks like a nothing burger.

Trump speaks from Walter Reed Hospital - update on his health situation

www.youtube.com...

Looks like they washed the orange makeup off.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Thanks for your perspective Dug88, it's good to hear a voice of reason. However . . .

I try to base my decisions on well researched facts and evidence. From what i've seen, there are no well researched facts about covid . . .

I believe "they" know much more than they are revealing, the 21th Century Pandemic Timeline indicates they have had plenty of time to tinker with it in a lab. They had expectations about how this would work when it got released into the world population, that's why there was an extreme world wide reaction when it got loose.

Just because you (along with the general public) don't have the "well researched facts" doesn't mean there aren't many neck deep scientists and government leaders that do have such facts. I suspect they never got to the point of infecting human subjects, at least large groups of subjects, to know how this virus would perform out in the wild and what damage it could actually do outside of a lab. But I believe that there are volumes of facts they will never tell anyone outside of those who are actually in the know or have a need to know.
edit on 4-10-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join