It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Population Was Not Ravaged by Covid-19 as Experts Predicted.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Saturday, October 3, 2020

While researching to determine approximately how many of the 192,000 who have died with Covid-19 in the U.S. were "Homeless", I was astounded to learn that RELATIVELY FEW Homeless people have been infected by Covid-19, let alone succumbed with it.

Experts are baffled:

“I am shocked, because it’s a very vulnerable population. I don’t know what we’re going to see in an aftermath,” said Dr. Deborah Borne, who oversees health policy for COVID-19 homeless response at San Francisco’s public health department. “That’s why it’s called a novel virus, because we don’t know.”

Just over 200 of an estimated 8,000 homeless people in San Francisco have tested positive for the virus, and half came from an outbreak at a homeless shelter in April. Only one homeless person is among the city’s 69 deaths.

In other places with large homeless populations, the numbers are similarly low.

In King County, which includes Seattle, just over 400 of an estimated 12,000 homeless residents have been diagnosed.

In Los Angeles County, just over 1,200 of an estimated 66,000 homeless people have been diagnosed.
Excerpted from: apnews.com...

When you think of the "homeless" population, your mind doesn't envision people who are "responsible", mask-wearers, or sanitary-minded.

From what I've seen on the news, they are (for the most part), no longer living on park benches, in doorways, and cardboard boxes. Cities have put them up in hotels, expanded shelters, and constructed "tent cities".

Covid-19 should have "ravaged" their population just as social scientists and medical experts predicted, after it was learned how easily Covid-19 spreads from person to person. But I'm glad it didn't!

What lessons can we learn from this? Anything?

-CareWeMust

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's because they live a very dirty life by normal western standards. Like not washing often and living in around germs and filth that is around the streets of most cities. You end up with a naturally strong immune system because it is regularly being used and learning from the various germs it comes into contact with.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
When was the last time you interacted with a homeless person? Talked with one?

It's actually not surprising. They are already isolated from society for the most part

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

It's actually not surprising. They are already isolated from society for the most part

Yes, for the most part, this thing was kicked off by travellers, and so on down the line. The homeless do not run in the same circles, and stay amongst themselves. I noticed this early on.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That's because it's so much the Virus that is killing people while yes it does kill .

But it's really the hospitals that are killing people with Covid-19 .

If there was a statistic that showed how many people with the virus died at home and who died in Hospitals it would probably scare the sh1t out of people .

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

It's because they live a very dirty life by normal western standards. Like not washing often and living in around germs and filth that is around the streets of most cities. You end up with a naturally strong immune system because it is regularly being used and learning from the various germs it comes into contact with.

That is an excellent theory! They say the human body is a miraculously adaptive organism if not "coddled" too much.

Thank-you for a thought-provoking contribution!

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I would say that you cross paths with the homeless quite often- they use public restrooms, ride public transport, touch the handles and knobs of a lot of public buildings- libraries, soup kitchens, the seven eleven, churches.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

When we (me and wifey) assist the church on "Feed the Homeless" day. They come out to the Chicago suburbs on School buses where we have really good meals set up for them. They all live in the same shelter. Not isolated.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
I think most people who die with Covid-19 get sick enough to be hospitalized first. You think otherwise?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

That's why I keep my kitchen dirty. Random crumbs of stuff for things to grow on, dirty dishes, pots and pans strewn about. I don't do an extra thorough job when I clean the dishes I use, not because it takes too much elbow grease and I'm lazy, but because the small amounts of bacteria that remain make me healthier.

I've been doing it for a very long time, quite the strategic play. It's why I rarely ever get sick and when I do, it's minor.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
I would say that you cross paths with the homeless quite often- they use public restrooms, ride public transport, touch the handles and knobs of a lot of public buildings- libraries, soup kitchens, the seven eleven, churches.

That's why I like the theory presented earlier...that they have stronger immune systems, due to being exposed to so many germs and viruses almost every day of their life.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: quix0tic

Thank-you for providing additional real-world evidence that nature has given us the ability to be effective germ fighters, as long as we "exercise" our immune system regularly.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yes, for the most part, this thing was kicked off by travellers, and so on down the line. The homeless do not run in the same circles, and stay amongst themselves. I noticed this early on.

Not only that but even those willing to give some change or food to homeless are now avoiding doing so completely, further isolating them from the virus.

What an f'ed up situation

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think most people who die with Covid-19 get sick enough to be hospitalized first. You think otherwise?

I know plenty of people who just stayed home got sick and survived.

It's the ones who flipped out and ran to the hospitals that ended up not making it .

Matter of fact do you know anyone who died at home with Covid ?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

To be honest i used to pretty regulary. When people came up and talked to me, i'd listen unless they started asking for money or something. A lot of times though, they'd just come talk without asking for anything. Usually about their life or whatever. I've never had too much of a problem listening to people, except there was this meth addict that kept saying he needed to keep ignoring the voices telling him i was a cop and that he should stab me before i arrested him that really sketched me out, but he was alright, he ended up being pretty happy i actually stopped to talk to him and told me i gave him hope one day he could stop, i doubt it but ya know i appreciated the sentiment.

Anyway, yeah...just because someone's homeless, doesn't mean they're not worth talking to or listening to and i've had some strange, interesting, downright heartfelt conversations with homeless people i've met.

Sometimes all those people want is someone to talk to. You'd be surprised the difference it can make in someone's day if you spend a few minutes listening and talking to them. Especially when they're homeless and in a #ty situation and every other person that walks by tells them to # off and get a job.
edit on 3/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
You should check out a youtube channel, called Soft White Underbelly. Some real thought provoking interviews with homeless, street people, addicts, retired mafioso's ..you name it.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: carewemust

I know plenty of people who just stayed home got sick and survived.

It's the ones who flipped out and ran to the hospitals that ended up not making it .

Matter of fact do you know anyone who died at home with Covid ?

Most people who contract Covid-19 don't get sick enough to go to the hospital. They do exactly as you said. They recover at home.

Out of family, friends, and Insurance clients, I don't know of anyone who has died with Covid-19, but many hospitals are simply adding Covid-19 to the death certificates, on line 3 or 4. A whole bunch of them from Milwaukee were scanned and posted on social media a couple weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Np, living like a POS has it's perks. Some strive to keep a clean, disinfected surrounding to avoid illness. True geniuses live dirty on purpose to avoid illness.

The simple man has to keep their dwelling as clean as possible because they've weakened their immune system with all of the pointless effort that they've put into disinfecting everything.

It all makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: quix0tic

I've always kind of been like that. When I was young for whatever reason I never liked to blow my nose a lot or wish my hands. Even to this day I don't wash my hands a ton... More so if I make food for others or that sorta thing. I am not a neat freak nor do I worry much about germs. I think the last time I was sicker than a summer cold was 18 years ago. I've been to the doctor less times than my digits can count in that period as well. I also rarely take meds for anything and I fully believe in the placebo effect and that if you believe you are healthy truly your body willrespond in kind. May not work for everyone but I'm not complaining...
edit on 4-10-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
When something is looking you right in the face.. It should tell you something shouldn't it?
They should have been decimated..but they were not.
No masks
Poor personal hygiene.
Passing drugs and booze amongst themselves.
Touching every surface in restaurants and stores that everyone else touches.
That says alot to me.
This whole thing just doesn't add up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join