It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Canada, France, Belgium, you're being played

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Those who refuse are clearly evil souls with no manners.

No, just self absorbed douches.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: 1947boomer

That probably also plays a role in it, but I very much doubt it's the largest factor.

Was just going to say this... it makes sense the death rate peters out some if cases are in the young now but we have almost no cases here on vancouver island , nor deaths and yet the mandatory stuff has gone full blown and kinda after the fact, like closing the door after the horse got out of the barn. So suspect on that level. The virus itself is following a natural pattern but the response is just over the top.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

a reply to: 1947boomer

That probably also plays a role in it, but I very much doubt it's the largest factor.

Was just going to say this... it makes sense the death rate peters out some if cases are in the young now but we have almost no cases here on vancouver island , nor deaths and yet the mandatory stuff has gone full blown and kinda after the fact, like closing the door after the horse got out of the barn. So suspect on that level. The virus itself is following a natural pattern but the response is just over the top.

How are things on the island? what is still locked down?

On the mainland, we are having roughly 150 cases a day, and probably 3-6 deaths a week.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We know we are getting played big time

Follow the money _Boris Johnson announced the government's landmark Operation Moonshot programme, which aims to deliver up to ten million tests a day - covering nearly a sixth of the entire population - and return results within as little as 20 minutes. Coming at a cost of a reported £100bn, just shy of the entire annual budget for the NHS,

100 BILLION £ would be better to give everyone over 18 £ 10k each

www.bmj.com...

Imho this is what is coming en.wikipedia.org... and by the time people realise it it is to late

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

Lmao. Selfishness? Anyone who is wearing a mask does not give one # about you or your nan

Please explain your reasoning behind that complete crock of #.

....they only care about looking good. It's all virtue signaling.

And how does wearing a mask make someone look good?

"Look at me, i'm such a model citizen".

Whereas 'look at me I'm such a rebel' is ok?

Please explain to me where the big problem is?

Someone stopping you from criticising the government?
I'd be the first one fighting against it.

This is just faux outrage that achieves nothing other than making people look like selfish, self-centred knobheads who have no consideration for other people.

I would so much like to meet you and all those of a similar mind and discuss this in person over a pint or two.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Thank you very much....I was beginning to think I was the only one here who saw it like that.

Its not #ing hard to understand is it?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

What part of my post did you not understand?
I asked my brother if this was real and he said yes while we sat around a campfire.

Ah I see you'd rather ignore facts of reality to protect your false paradigm. And in response to this quote. NO. It's that simple.

If you want to be Mr. Know it all...it will be hard to take you seriously.
My experience, comes from experience, Mr Know it all.....false paradigm, right back at you.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Lmao. Selfishness? Anyone who is wearing a mask does not give one # about you or your nan

Please explain your reasoning behind that complete crock of #.

....they only care about looking good. It's all virtue signaling.

And how does wearing a mask make someone look good?

"Look at me, i'm such a model citizen".

Whereas 'look at me I'm such a rebel' is ok?

Please explain to me where the big problem is?

Someone stopping you from criticising the government?
I'd be the first one fighting against it.

This is just faux outrage that achieves nothing other than making people look like selfish, self-centred knobheads who have no consideration for other people.

I would so much like to meet you and all those of a similar mind and discuss this in person over a pint or two.
My reasoning is human nature, nobody gives a # about anyone but themselves and their own family and friends. Cry about it being a crock of # all you want, it's nature.

Wearing a mask does not make you look good. People who wear them just think it does, hence all the virtue signalling.

Nothing rebellious about not wearing a mask for an infection with a very high survival rate. It's just business as normal.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

My reasoning is human nature, nobody gives a # about anyone but themselves and their own family and friends. Cry about it being a crock of # all you want, it's nature.

Speak for yourself, you are projecting..big time! I know the thought of giving a f is alien to sociopaths..you can't even grasp it.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xabi87

you're wrong to the point of being delusional. perhaps you can't see humanity in others, perhaps you've lost faith in people, no idea. but here i am, trying to explain. because i don't give a damn, right?

i may not know you, nor be interested about your life at all, but if i'm facing a choice and one of the options may lead to causing you - or anyone else - real harm, i'll choose differently. that's one of the things that makes us human.

choosing the first option isn't "human nature", it's being a piece of sh.t.
edit on 4/10/2020 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How am i wrong? Explain how Brexit happened and the Tories won if people ain't selfish?
edit on 4-10-2020 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

you may go your way without a mask and i won't give a damn. come close and cough in my face, and you'll find yourself in a horizontal position with your teeth embedded in the pavement.

Lmao what a big tough man. Trust me I wouldn't go near you with a 100 foot pole. Obviously I'm not going to cough on random people, I always try to keep my distance when inside shops because I don't want to upset anybody. I know you love making ridiculous leaps based on a small amount of information about people, but just because someone doesn't buy into the fearmongering doesn't automatically mean they have no respect for other people.

you may not notice it, someone you'll pass the damn thing to may not notice it, but down the line someone older may die because some dumbass decided to go to the supermarket without wearing a mask while accusing others of virtue signaling

Considering I haven't seem to have gotten Covid-19 at any point I'd say that's very unlikely. Even if it did happen, there are countless other viruses which I could help spread by going into public, and nearly all of them have a high chance of killing a very old person in a nursing home with multiple pre-existing health conditions. What you are arguing is a logical fallacy called an appeal to emotion.

As I said earlier I live in a state where we don't have to wear masks outside or inside shops. And when given the choice, it turns out 99% of people choose not to wear a mask, or at least that is true for my particular area. But other states which have enforced mandatory masks even in open public spaces were much harder hit than my state. So you can sit there pretending to have some sort of moral high-ground but all you have is ignorance.

Continue believing the crackpot politicians and the social hysteria around mask wearing, continue getting angry and calling anyone who doesn't agree stupid, continue believing politicians actually give a damn about your health. It doesn't really concern me because life in my state has been virtually back to normal for a long time. I feel bad for the people who are being played so hard yet still seem to think it's for their own good.

Furthermore even if masks did help prevent me spreading Covid-19 to others, I believe that wearing a mask constantly would actually put myself at more risk of contracting Covid-19 because I would be constantly touching and adjusting my mask, resulting in an increased level of contact with areas around my face, along with a build up of spit and moisture. Once again, it's baloney science with no solid evidence to say it actually does more good than harm.

gathering "facts" that fit your biased view, then spreading them everywhere to make yourself feel better, isn't scientific research. it is NOT helping.

So in other words you believe the data used by Google is not real? Show me why it's wrong and what other sources contradict the data used by Google. I didn't do anything to fit my view, this is hard data, and it's truly miraculous that some people are so invested with the mainstream narrative that they can somehow ignore facts of reality. Sorry if facts upset you but I'm sure some here appreciate knowing the truth and I wont stop using my free speech to share facts.
edit on 4/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

If you want to be Mr. Know it all...it will be hard to take you seriously.
My experience, comes from experience, Mr Know it all.....false paradigm, right back at you.

And my position comes from facts of reality which you have openly ignored because your "experience is all you need to know, my brother said so while we sat next to a fire". Therefore I find it hard to take you seriously.
edit on 4/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Except as this thread clearly shows there is no real second wave in the UK, you're actually at the very end of the first wave but through the magic of baloney science you are made to believe otherwise.

Nope. The graphs clearly show the first wave ended in June (the month missing from the graph's y axis) with less than 1000 cases a day detected from June to Late August which was the start of the second wave and we're now seeing 22,000+ cases a day detected. All the countries mentioned show a decrease in cases and R values after mask legislation and social distancing measures were brought in.

Deaths followed a two to three week lag in the first wave, the same is being seen with this wave as deaths were an average of 3 a day from Mid June to September and are now averaging 60 - 70 a day and rising. Nowhere near as many as were in the first wave but a rapid 20x spike in both cases and deaths is what has prompted the action. The same is evidenced for all other countries cited as examples for your claim.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

My reasoning is human nature, nobody gives a # about anyone but themselves and their own family and friends.

That sounds like a personal perspective which isn't backed up by numerous stories of people helping others for no other reason other than they can.

You may not give a # about anyone other than your own family and friends.....but that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

Cry about it being a crock of # all you want, it's nature.

I don't cry about anything.....possibly a personal failing.

Wearing a mask does not make you look good. People who wear them just think it does.....

I wear a mask when I have to. I don't think it makes me look good at all.

.....hence all the virtue signalling.

Nonsense.
Hence all the arrogant assumptions.

Nothing rebellious about not wearing a mask for an infection with a very high survival rate. It's just business as normal.

So, its just a complete lack of regard or consideration for others who may catch the virus that makes you choose not to wear a mask when entering shops etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

June to Late August which was the start of the second wave and we're now seeing 22,000+ cases a day detected. All the countries mentioned show a decrease in cases and R values after mask legislation and social distancing measures were brought in.

Cases are not equivalent to a second wave, a second wave would require people to be getting sick and dying like the first wave. The death rate is dead flat and you're trying to tell me it's still a wave, absolute baloney science. Secondly, show me one single nation where enforcing the wearing of masks had any noticeable impact on the wave. I want to see the hard data, not just hear you make bogus claims.
edit on 5/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: piett

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I’m above 20 people now that I know- I talk face to face (or phone to phone) with these actual people who have tested positive for covid-19 (anyone notice they are calling it covid-SARS2 now?).

SARS-COV-2 is the name of the virus (like HIV)

COVID-19 is the name of the disease (like AIDS)

Everyone is mixing those two. Doesn't help for better understanding of the situation about the contamination rate ("infected" would mean ill, and showing symptoms of covid-19).

Yes, thank you. I’m just wondering why some media is suddenly starting to make that differentiation, as they haven’t until now.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That sounds like a personal perspective which isn't backed up by numerous stories of people helping others for no other reason other than they can.

It's backed by reality mate... go on explain how Brexit won and the Tories are still in power? Because our country (and the human race) is full of selfish people...

You may not give a # about anyone other than your own family and friends.....but that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

It applies to most people, there are exceptions of course.

I wear a mask when I have to. I don't think it makes me look good at all.

You wear a mask because your government told you to, not because you care about strangers. If that were the case you would have always worn a mask...

Nonsense.
Hence all the arrogant assumptions.

Not at all.

So, its just a complete lack of regard or consideration for others who may catch the virus that makes you choose not to wear a mask when entering shops etc.

I have just pointed out that you do not wear a mask out of consideration of others... you do it because someone of authority told you to. Stop the virtue signalling.
edit on 6-10-2020 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Keep digging

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well done.

When shall we rise up and say enough is enough?

Luckily most people arent really on 'lockdown' physically but their #ing brains and behaviour are.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join