It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch appointment to federal Position

page: 1

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Full Title: President Trump to Appoint Tom Fitton to Court Oversight Which Has Power to Remove Certain Judges For Misconduct

There have been many times I have thought "thank goodness for Judicial Watch" as they seem to be one of the few organizations that keeps fighting to expose the corruption in Washington. They have been stonewalled / blocked at every turn in their quest for the truth yet they just keep on plugging along . Remember it was Judicial Watch which has exposed many of the topics we have seen here at ATS.

Now it would appear that Tom is being appointed to a Judaical oversight committee that will be looking into misconduct by judges across America. The key point IMO is the committee will have the power to remove the judges if they have exceeded their constitutional mandates. How all this will workout has me wondering, as on the one hand, ding dong judges need to be removed for the betterment of the country. BUT..... I can also see how later the committee could be used by a political party to remove judges simply because they are not toeing the party line instead of the constitution.

I am glad Tom is being recognized for all the hard work he and Judicial Watch has done for the American people. How this will all play out in the future does have me wondering though.

President Trump plans to name Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton to a court oversight agency which has the power to remove certain judges for misconduct.

The White House on Friday announced Trump’s intention to name Tom Fitton to the D.C. Commission on Judicial Disabilities and Tenure.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

remember president Trump is a fair and just leader and I also believe that he appoints fair and just people to serve the American public in a very positive way.
leaving politics out of the landscape I think is decision is a very good decision and the American public will benefit from his decision of the new appointee

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Target #1 should be corrupt Judge Emmett Sullivan, who's violating laws by not letting General Michael Flynn off the hook.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Target #1 should be corrupt Judge Emmett Sullivan, who's violating laws by not letting General Michael Flynn off the hook.

I agree as Sullivan should be the poster child for why the committee is necessary.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Tom Fitton is a great guy, diligent and with integrity.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Amen !!

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great news!

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

BUT..... I can also see how later the committee could be used by a political party to remove judges simply because they are not toeing the party line instead of the constitution.

Media Bias has Judicial Watch listed as Low on facts.

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Conspiracy, Propaganda, Numerous Failed Fact Checks
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Judicial Watch reports news on their website with the use of strong emotional language that is usually pro-right or anti-left. Common topics covered are anti-immigration, in which they highlight crimes committed by illegal immigrants such as this: Busy Month for Illegal Immigrants Committing Heinous Crimes or dedicating an entire website to exposing former President Obama’s alleged IRS scandal. They have also promoted debunked conspiracy theories such as this. Further, the founder of JW, Larry Klayman recently promoted the conspiracy that the Clintons were killing people. In general, the majority of content and story selection is anti-left.
mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Tom Fitton:
Rejects consensus on climate change
Big pusher of "massive voter fraud" conspiracy theory
Pusher of "Mueller Investigation is a coup" conspiracy theory
Anti-Fauci, anti-corona virus precautions

There are already methods for impeaching judges in law. A commission will serve no purpose other than removing judges based on how they rule in particular cases.

Example: "Oh, you ruled in favor of damaged citizen plaintiffs against the corporate polluter. YOU'RE FIRED!"

"You ruled that the local school board can stick with online learning regardless of GOP Governor calling for 100% maskless in person classes. YOU'RE FIRED!"
edit on 3-10-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

BUT..... I can also see how later the committee could be used by a political party to remove judges simply because they are not toeing the party line instead of the constitution.

Media Bias has Judicial Watch listed as Low on facts.

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Conspiracy, Propaganda, Numerous Failed Fact Checks
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Judicial Watch reports news on their website with the use of strong emotional language that is usually pro-right or anti-left. Common topics covered are anti-immigration, in which they highlight crimes committed by illegal immigrants such as this: Busy Month for Illegal Immigrants Committing Heinous Crimes or dedicating an entire website to exposing former President Obama’s alleged IRS scandal. They have also promoted debunked conspiracy theories such as this. Further, the founder of JW, Larry Klayman recently promoted the conspiracy that the Clintons were killing people. In general, the majority of content and story selection is anti-left.
mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Tom Fitton:

There are already methods for impeaching judges in law. A commission will serve no purpose other than removing judges based on how they rule in particular cases.

Example: "Oh, you ruled in favor of damaged citizen plaintiffs against the corporate polluter. YOU'RE FIRED!"

"You ruled that the local school board can stick with online learning regardless of GOP Governor calling for 100% maskless in person classes. YOU'RE FIRED!"

Ummm...

Media Matters has rated Media Bias as one click right of Extreme Left.

Media Matters is owned by a Progressive and funded by George Soros.

For THEM to point out that Media Bias is just a little bit right of Stalin might want to make you rethink your post.

If you would bother to look up Media matters, you might be a little embarrassed.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ignore, misread.
edit on 3/10/2020 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I like Judicial watch. I read their articles whenever I come across them. Lately there has not been much I have run across though, people here and elsewhere used to post some of their stuff and I would look at what else they were investigating when I was there.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Can you provide a link? Media Matters search engine "media bias" does not bring up a page.

What about Tom Fitton? Is he biased?

Here's Media Matters write up for Judicial Watch

Judicial Watch was founded in 1994 by the anti-Clinton conspiracy theorist and prolific litigator Larry Klayman and during the 2016 election, it regularly pushed misinformation about Hillary Clinton. The organization and its president, Tom Fitton, have become shills of President Trump since he took office, and Fitton regularly appears on Fox to defend Trump.
www.mediamatters.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Can you provide a link? Media Matters search engine "media bias" does not bring up a page.

What about Tom Fitton? Is he biased?

Here's Media Matters write up for Judicial Watch

Judicial Watch was founded in 1994 by the anti-Clinton conspiracy theorist and prolific litigator Larry Klayman and during the 2016 election, it regularly pushed misinformation about Hillary Clinton. The organization and its president, Tom Fitton, have become shills of President Trump since he took office, and Fitton regularly appears on Fox to defend Trump.
www.mediamatters.org...

You may have a point... I saw it backwards.

Here is Media Bias reporting on Media Matters...

Media Bias on Media Matters rating

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.

I had gotten confused on the topic because both Media Matters and Media Bias are funded by the same person.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

But then I looked up Media Bias on Rational wiki and they seem to have a rather less than scientific method that they made up themselves.

I try to get multi sources whenever possible.

My concern is that the three branches of government should actually be a balance of power. The balance has been tipping toward the executive by both parties for the last 50 years or so. One party or other is bound to end up as a total dictatorship. That would be slightly unconstitutional.

Personally, I'm a bit left of Bill Clinton when he was Prez.
If politics is looked at like a circle. Center would be top. Go far enough left or right and you end up with anarchy at the bottom. I am definitely not an anarchist. I like law and order.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Tom Fitton:

Those describe me also. He's perfect for the job.

1) Consensus doesn't equal reality. Rejecting the consensus and asking for data is what progress and science is all about. Reproducible.

2) Voter fraud is rampant, and doesn't have to be "massive" to have significant impact. Any fraud/interference is unacceptable right? Brings me right into line #3

3) The Mueller hoax was an attempted coup by democrats, now shown to have been engineered by corrupt hillary to take attention off her counter-intelligence investigation and federal criminal investigation into the unlawful removal of SCI from an SCIF and other espionage related federal laws. It failed, thankfully, but the origins... from the phony "dossier" to Russian contacts to the secret "insurance policy" complete with wiped phones showed it was a democrat hoax. A total disgrace and a completely debunked lie. And a perfect storm of corrupt partisan government officials mixed with the most criminally culpable campaign in history...Hillary Clintons

4) COVID precautions are common sense measures like hand washing and staying home if you are sick. This thing penetrated the WH, so all the precautions in the world are a waste of time. And a 70-some year old man got it, and guess what? He's doing well as do most. The only precautions we need are common sense and getting people back to work so they don't starve or freeze on the streets.

Fitton is the perfect man for this job. Get those rage filled activists off the bench ASAP and restore a Constitutionally governed justice system

edit on 10/4/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

He's perfect for the job.

I suppose a BA in English is perfect qualification.

After reading the actual law concerning District of Columbia Commission on Judicial Disabilities and Tenure, and noting that Fitton isn't even a member of the District of Columbia Bar, I now see why DC should actually be a State in it's own right rather than a city at the complete mercy of Federal micromanagement.

Since the position isn't a paid position, either:
1) He'll wash out before long.

or

2) He'll use the staff and resources of the position to do his paying job, which would be a very corrupt misappropriation.

But hey! It's politics right?

edit on 4-10-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Poster Child for agreeing with the very people who have been destroying America. It’s always interesting to see who out there believes the media bias.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah. We're a really scary lot.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

No can't be a state because it's impact the ability of the executive branch to operate without undue influence. Nothing matters more

People in DC are free to move, seems packed and crowded and crammed/jammed in. Arent they just promoting Chinaplague spreading or something?

Meh, politics are getting old and are very wasteful. Still voting and supporting Trump don't get me wrong, but all this discussion and debate is fairly useless these days

Need to get this over with already! 2021 can't come fast enough
edit on 10/6/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join