It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15th Texan City Becomes ‘Sanctuary’ For The Unborn, Outlaws Abortion Within City Limits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

A fertilized egg, an embryo nor a fetus have any sense of self awareness. It is neither guilty or innocent.

A fertilized egg can not maim you from the inside. If you say it is neither guilty or innocent, why do you ask "is it really that innocent?" then?

Moving goal posts I see. I do not have interest discussing with dishonest people like you.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You are not the only woman who almost died during her pregnancy and now can't have another child without risking their life.

Also, there are lots of women who have dearly wanted their unborn child, but had to decide between their own health and life or aborting their wanted child. Sometimes women chose to try to deliver an unhealthy fetus, only to have to abort later down the road because the fetal distress is risking her own life and/or long term health.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Stop acting like I wrote I am the only women.

Your question was "what if the baby maims the mother, is it still innocent?" and you got an answer from me. An answer you did not like and then you moved the goal posts by talking about fertilized eggs, in complete contradiction to your question.

Stop making things up and explain things to me I already know. Listen, I went through a pregnancy, labor and a debriefing about my medical condition. You won't tell me new things. Not you.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

A fertilized egg can not maim you from the inside. If you say it is neither guilty or innocent, why do you ask "is it really that innocent?" then?

Isn't it better to terminate a fertilized egg, an embryo, or a fetus sooner, rather than later? Does the unborn become more or less guilty as mother's risk increase?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You need to get behind the meaning of guilt, how guilt is felt and why, what makes one possible to feel guilt, before making a fool out of yourself in public.

Then you can answer the question for yourself. A strange question you ask to me, considering my posts in this thread. You know, trolling in a thread like this is a sign of a bad character. You forget there are real people sitting behind these texts?

I would say you really have balls to go further on your narrative asking me such questions but I consider it a lack of character, not an abundance of testicles.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Vasa Croe
It isn't that easy.

When I got pregnant we prevented, but I still got pregnant. He had strong swimmers and we were the one or two couples out of a 1000 over the case of a year where the condom wasn't enough. It did not rip, we did not even notice anything until I was pregnant. The condoms, I always check if the package is sealed airtight and does not loose air.

He left me for a different women that he cheated on me, during our relationship, before and during the pregnancy. I decided to keep, it was less a decision, more something I knew from my heart. I never thought about abortions before that point.

Fast forward I am 30 hours into labor and get an emergency operation done. I spare you all the details how the tube slipped out of my spine and I felt them cut me open. Turns out I would have died along with the child if not for the third doctor feeling me up and suddenly everything went hectic. We spent two weeks in ICU but today my girl is healthy, smart and full of energy.

If I get pregnant and do not abort, the chances are high that I will die the next time even during the pregnancy, along with the child, no operation will save me from that. This is why I consider a sterilization.

It's easy to post the sentence you did, now tell me, if sterilization would not be possible, do I need to die together with the child so your sentence stays valid, if I ever get pregnant again? Knowing all this?

Think about this for a second or two.

I totally get certain circumstances, but you must also know that your situation is not the norm for abortions.

If rape or incest or death is in the cards then my decision is different.

I am not a religious person by any means.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

If "the unborn" can kill or maim its host mother, is it really that innocent?

You are a sick person.

I pity you. Really. I feel sorry for you.

As the poster above explained, another pregnancy would kill her.

I don't feel sorry for your ignorant ass.

Then either make sure you CAN'T get pregnant again or make sure everyone you have sex with is snipped.

This isn't preschool here.....

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sucks when you have to be responsible for your choices.....

This is what I replied too, because I disagree with that simple statement, like it is standing there. I know my situation is out of the norm for abortions and I did not even know about the medical condition, it was not in my medical files.

It's a difficult topic but my opinion is, and I won't force it on others, is that every life should be valued if possible. If I think of my daughter and that I might have aborted her, if I had knew about my condition, I get ice cold shivers running down my spine.

Personally, because I survived it, I would go through it all again. If I think about me aborting her, think about what a kind soul she is, what life I would have denied, it's a terrible thought.

However I will get a sterilization because I do not want to make that decision ever. The other option would be no sex at all, forever. Even with condoms I learned that things like this happen. It isn't an easy process though and I need a last appointment because they just don't sterilize anyone here without need.

My pregnancy itself was without trouble, I did not puke once, I felt great the whole time until late pregnancy when my feet and back were devastated. The only big complication was the birth.
edit on 3.10.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What if Austin compromised by letting the mother being aborted too?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

You were saying?www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I would say you really have balls to go further on your narrative asking me such question

The truth of the matter is, the unborn's guilt or innocence has not one thing to do with the argument of whether or not a women have autonomy over their own bodies and a choice when it comes to their reproductive rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

It's true, coat hangers weren't used that often.

The most ancient forms of DIY abortion date back to 1500 B.C.. The following list includes ways people have self-induced abortions:

crocodile fecal matter: according to The Kahum Papyrus, one of the earliest medical texts in history, Egyptian women used crocodile fecal matter to induce abortion and as a form of contraception
herb pennyroyal: Maya Lewis wrote about herb pennyroyal in her thesis, Drink Me and Abort Your Baby: The Herbal Abortion Tea, saying, "Pennyroyal [is an essential oil that] will almost certainly kill anyone who uses it carelessly...Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, liver and kidney failure, hallucinations and seizures are all caused by pennyroyal oil overdoses — typically by young women seeking to self-induce their abortion.”
insertion of leeches or cayenne pepper into the vagina
swallowing gunpowder
throwing oneself down the stairs
hitting oneself in the stomach with a meat pulverizer
consuming turpentine
spending a night in the snow
consuming opium
consuming tansy oil
using the fungus ergot
the infamous hanger technique

www.allure.com...

Pick your poison!

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sides will never agree here.

Even if a 6-3 conservative supreme court comes and smacks down Roe v. Wade the results would be like the cartoon of Jose's 21 Foot Ladders next to the border wall.

The aforementioned coathanger alley, or the type of underground clinics you go to when you don't want to have a bullet wound reported. Cash Only. Los Coyotes de Abortos.

The following Is a satirical advert suggesting what could happen to abortion if outlawed by the federal level in a final supreme court ruling, and may offend some.

edit on 3-10-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CafeconLeche1
a reply to: Karriemichelle

“Not to say abortion is good but if you look at countries that have outlawed it - they are all in under strict religious tyranny and women have no rights at all.
South America, Saudi Arabia, much of Africa - abortion is illegal”.

I’m sorry, I am from South America, and in Argentina we might be poor but we don’t live under strict religious tyranny and we women do have rights, thank you.

I did not mean that exclusively, each area is unique. However Argentina as most South American countries has a very devout and powerful relationship with the Roman Catholic church and that is why abortion is taboo.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yet we have same sex marriage and even our POPE is practically a liberal. And abortion is legal in certain circumstances, I think the ONLY South American country where abortion is absolutly banned is Chile.
Why a religious tyranny will accept same sex marriage and not abortion? The Romans said that exist a law, imprint in everybody hearts, that let you KNOW when something is wrong. You can pretend that being pro or anti abortion is a religious thing, but it is not.

When you bring extreme circumstances like the safety of the mother or rape, is like saying you should be pro homicide because some people kill in self defense. Everybody knows murder isnt a good thing, but even the law knows that when is a life for a life the rules change.
edit on 3-10-2020 by CafeconLeche1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CafeconLeche1

If I am reading the actual law the article linked to is discussing right, it seems that the only extreme exception they are considering is an entropic pregnancy though.. although that might be because the law itself is poorly written... I mean, I cant for the life of me figure out why they would abort to preserve the health or the life of the fetus..
Maybe the author or the article quoted the law wrong?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I am against abortion but don't believe that I have the right to impose my faith or values upon anyone else. Personally, I believe that life is sacred and that the unborn need protectors.

Just as God, from a faith viewpoint, gives us freedom to choose Him or not, how can we impose what we believe on others? We as humans then take away another human's right to choose and that person no longer has freewill.

Again, just a thought that keeps coming to mind and I thought I'd put it out there for some feedback. Don't mean to derail your thread in any way.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You argue in a circle because you came up with guilt. It's a bit comical that you start the topic, then you answer your own question in a way like that. Like I came up with it, you argue with yourself. Maybe you just like to read your own posts, IDK.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Let me guess. You don't eat candy with the wrapper on.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im not religious. Nor extremist.

Life is life. Abortion is murder.

no its not, abortion is abortion

murder is murder

2 completly different things due to one being legal and the other not, that is why we have language to differentiate between things

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join