It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15th Texan City Becomes ‘Sanctuary’ For The Unborn, Outlaws Abortion Within City Limits

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

What happened to teaching personal responsibility in this country. The only type of abortion that should be acceptable is if you was raped or have a high chance of dying. If you have an abortion due to risk of dying, you should be required by law to have tubes tied. It should be illegal to have an abortion for any other reasons. You chose to have unprotected sex (birth control and condoms). You should be force to live with the results of that decision.

I have no problems with morning after pills.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007
Yes, well unless lifesite news misquoted the law they are reporting on....
It would ban abortions in the city regardless of rape or danger to the mother.
As for your callous idea that a women should be sterilized if her health requires the termination of a pregnancy...
Ya.. just as soon as they start prosecuting the sperm donors of attempted murder and murder when a pregnancy runs off the rails.

All this ruffling of feathers, 10 pages of debate, over a law that, like so many other pro-life laws of late, is probably unconstitutional as all hell because it places the rights of a life over the rights of the women that is the one and only provider of the environment it depends on to grow. Absolutely nothing would be gained if the host of that life were to die!!
But continue on...
Someday maybe you will think to ask yourself why these conservative lawmakers are making sure the laws they are writing will be shot down in the courts.
Could it be they are concerned that any common sense laws might impede with their ability to pay off their mistresses to convince them to abort the baby they helped create?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Annee

All im saying is, don't be too sure of the direction you are moving in. I've heard it before, and it was wrong then. Demonstrably wrong, if we evaluate it today. British colonialism helped give rise to slavery, justified on the belief that they enslaved savages that were "barely human". This sounds an awful lot like what I am hearing today from the political party leaning left. All sorts of terrible behavior justified, because capitalists and conservatives deserve no sympathy. We are savages now, too.

From the Left? Seriously? The Right is all about “My Porch” & money.

Pump out babies — but, once they’re born “Not my problem”.

I want a better world for LIVING CHILDREN — ALL OF THEM — including the ones in cages. Now that’s real morality.

I’m against irresponsible random breeding. Wild animals have more smarts than humans when it comes to reproducing the next generation. If you’re pregnant and not prepared to give a child all they need — don’t have it.

We (society & laws) have progressed when it comes to women’s rights. I know — at age 70 — I lived through it.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Its not about the woman. Its about the life that would be extinguished.

NO

It’s about the woman and her life.

I don’t think men should have a say in this.

That's like saying that women should have no say in conscription because it does not effect them.

Or that white people should have no say in the Dreamer debate.

Men currently don't get to choose if a woman has an abortion, they might want to be a father and can't force a woman to keep the child. Isn't this sufficient?

Everyone can support a cause.

Men negativity dictating their position on a woman’s Right of Choice — NO.

For eons women were held fully to blame for an unwanted pregnancy.

If the man didn’t “Stand Up” — too bad — women were told it’s their fault for picking the wrong man.

So, if your woman wants to abort — and gives you no choice. Your fault — you picked the wrong woman.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I still wonder, back in the day, when the womens place was in the home....
Who was paying for those back alley abortions?
I mean, surely, the illegal abortionist weren't providing their services out of the kindness of their hearts... and if you listen to the right enough you will get the impression that there was no women in the workforce. So where did the money come from?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I still wonder, back in the day, when the womens place was in the home....
Who was paying for those back alley abortions?
I mean, surely, the illegal abortionist weren't providing their services out of the kindness of their hearts... and if you listen to the right enough you will get the impression that there was no women in the workforce. So where did the money come from?

The grandmother, sister, aunt?

Very hush hush.

In the 50s it was still gender roles. Even if women worked (which my mom did) — they were still primarily expected to fulfill the woman gender role.

Men, for the most part, were not involved with child rearing. House husband — was not a term you heard.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

What happened to teaching personal responsibility in this country.

If personal responsibility is so important, why do so many people want to legislate individual behaviour? You either allow people to act in a responsible way or you don't. You trust them or you don't.

Trying to argue the point both ways is about control, not freedom and responsibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

That works until you are talking about murder, rape, etc.

The way it works is everyone is free to act as reasonable until that action infringes on the rights of another. In abortion, what is debated is if a fetus, as a person, has rights. I assert that a fetus is a person. The fact that harming a women causing a miscarriage can be considered, legally, as murder supports my viewpoint. I also assert that the delineating factor between murder and abortion being how the woman perceives her unborn child is asinine.

On a semi related note, i also assert that if a man gets no input into whether or not his child is aborted, he similarly should bear no burden in supporting that child if it is brought to term. He either has a stake or he does not.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
“I'm not pro-murdering babies.
I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20 week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.
I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.
I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.
I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11 year old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.
I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.
I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.
I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction in order to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE amount of fetuses.
I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.
I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.
I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.
I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.
You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.
You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.
It's not about which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.
Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation! a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join