It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being paranoid? Is this right?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

What if those are not experimental. That they are known to work but we the people are being lied to about that?

Because yes, it is crazy that they would give the potus anything experimental....unless he was at deaths door.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I could see Trump demanding to try experimental treatments, but he would only do that if the symptoms were bad. There's zero reason to take that risk otherwise. Assuming he did have a low antibody response, that would imply his immune system didn't ramp up because he already had cross-immunity from other coronaviruses, and it's usually the immune response which causes the worst symptoms not the virus its self (on the first page peeple posted information about how "Sometimes the reaction can overshoot and be directed against healthy cells as well. This could also be the case with the novel coronavirus. So drugs are also being tested that suppress an excessive immune reaction and that are already known from the treatment of autoimmune diseases."). I don't think it makes sense to panic and start injecting multiple experimental drugs directly into Trumps blood stream because he had a low immune response. I also came across some interesting articles written a few years ago which talk about the same concept but in relation to the immune systems of bats. Ironically bats caused Covid-19 and they may also help solve it. There's a high chance research into bat coronaviruses may have directly led to the engineering Covid-19 but who knows what the truth is.

February 22 2018

Bats are known to harbor highly pathogenic viruses like Ebola, Marburg, Hendra, Nipah, and SARS-CoV, and yet they do not show clinical signs of disease. In a paper published in the journal Cell Host & Microbe on February 22, scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China find that in bats, an antiviral immune pathway called the STING-interferon pathway is dampened, and bats can maintain just enough defense against illness without triggering a heightened immune reaction.

"We believe there is a balance between bats and the pathogens they carry," says senior author Peng Zhou. "This work demonstrated that in order to maintain a balance with viruses, bats may have evolved to dampen certain pathways."

How bats carry viruses without getting sick

May 31 2018

Bats carry and transmit some of the world’s deadliest zoonotic viruses: Ebola, Marburg, Nipah, and the pathogen behind severe acute respiratory syndrome, SARS coronavirus, to name a few. What has puzzled researchers for a long time is why bats don’t appear to get sick from their unusually high microbial loads. The question has been nagging Peng Zhou, a virologist at China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology, for more than a decade, ever since he took part in a survey of bat populations in southern China. Zhou and his colleagues were looking for the strain of the SARS coronavirus responsible for the 2003 outbreak that sickened more than 8,000 people worldwide and killed nearly 800. “We started to think, why bats?” he says.

Why Bats Make Such Good Viral Hosts

edit on 3/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Plus, could we please stop calling it the "Chinese" virus. Think about the optics of this for a minute, something that's being publicly associated with China has sickened multiple senior government officials, including the both the President and the first lady, and is keeping people indoors out of fear for their lives. Do we really want to give them credit for this?

Yes. Give credit where credit is due. They created this, they can eat it until they explode. (Monty Python movie reference)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I dont know, i just dont know what is going on there and who wanted what treatment, or who even are the doctors .

Maybe i am myself too hard on doctors, i dont trust em...or their miracle drugs. I just get 100x more paranoid after realising what they done in New york to patients.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I've not ignored this possibility... but then again, talking about a leopard changing its spots... Trump going after a sympathy vote? I just can't see that. It's not in the man's personality.

He is said to be a germaphobe though. and once the covid systems started hitting him he might have just gotten scared.

Nothing wrong with that. he's old. this virus is real. i would be scared too.

when he gets back we might hear him say that he was forced to go. And then we get leaks by staff saying that he demanded to go. Same old same old spins.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

"Experimental" is actually not the best term to use... it's just the term that we do use.

All medication is "experimental" until it passes a series of tests against a specific disease. Hydroxychloroquine, for example, is nowhere near experimental for malaria or lupus. It has decades of successful use behind it. For the Chinese virus, however, it is still experimental. That doesn't make it deadly or dangerous; it just means the FDA hasn't approved it for use against the Chinese virus.

That's been the complaint for many years about how the FDA is preventing drugs form coming to market. Not only does the approval process open up the possibility of financial conflicts of interest (read: bribery), it delays the introduction of drugs onto the market when they might just help people.

That's also what this "Operation Warp Drive" is all about... Trump slimmed down the red tape requirements and lit a fire under the FDA to get things done. It has nothing to do with speeding up the tests or skipping steps; it has to do with less red tape and less bureaucratic delays.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't know... as scraedtosleep points out, trump is somewhat of a germaphobe. Such a person has a tendency to panic at the slightest illness.

I'm the kind of guy, for example, that will lay around with a 104 degree fever and pain wracking my body for two weeks before I'll even let a doctor talk to me. I'm about as far from a germaphobe as a man can get, so I really don't get that well. But I have known germaphobes before, and they will literally panic if they have to sneeze.

Ironically, the result is that I can fight off about anything that tries to attack me, but the germaphobes I know typically catch anything that presents itself. They haven't exercised their immunity like I have.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

In that video he did not seem like his usual self.
not sick but very nervous.

though I might just be mistaking illness for nervousness.
But for sure he was not his normal self.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Maybe i am myself too hard on doctors, i dont trust em...or their miracle drugs.

Don't feel too bad; I don't trust 'em either. It's not their motives that bother me; it's their lack of solid understanding and their simultaneous refusal to admit it. If a doctor ever scratches his head in front of me and says something to the effect of "I have no idea... give me a few days to figure this out" I actually start to have more respect for them. At least they're being honest.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm glad someone with more finesse started a thread for this. I noticed this when the Trump gots covid bigly thread started.

Was the treatment given to the president AND first lady? What's Melania's status? Did they pull "but you're the president, so take this."?

From the sound of things it seems like he gave his consent for this, but I was worried about it being given in fear of the ramifications if something happened to Trump so close to election night.

Maybe instead of shelving Biden, they went with silencing Trump. Will he be able to do debates now?

Still bothered by Pelosi's live reset and "arrows in our quiver" comment when looking at this.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

From your ridiculous post

“ Democrats, while I don't agree with them, are not evil and they're not actively trying to destroy the country. They just have different opinions.”

LMFAO
you can’t be serious. At least I hope you are joking. Either way,

You are just stating Your opinion

Which is laughable at best, dishonest at least and deadly naive at worst.
edit on 3-10-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I don't believe for a sec that any admin is as transparent as people think.
Sure he twits but it's not about every thing the government does.

Tons of stuff is still hidden.

We may not find out the truth of what happened yesterday for many many years , if ever.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: oloufo

what was it like in the past when a president had a flu? did he have to go to hospital?

Depends on how bad it is. The President gets the best treatment available in the world, period. Walter Reed is probably the best hospital in the world, and it is the preferred hospital of choice for all government officials. A President going to Walter Reed in itself is nothing unusual.

What I am finding unusual is a combination of many things... the use of an experimental drug so quickly in the process, the movement to Walter Reed based on using that drug, Melania dropping out of the news and left behind, the sudden shift in the campaign rhetoric, the lack of tweets, and the shift in news reporting.

Any one of these things is easily dismissed, but all of them together?

Where is Melania?

TheRedneck

they just know how dangerous the virus is. trump is a high-risk patient, his wife is not. it also depends on the dose (of corona) you got. this disease can take a bad course, no matter how rich or important you are. i wish him luck.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Obviously I mean the facts you mentioned in your post.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I don't believe for a sec that any admin is as transparent as people think.
Sure he twits but it's not about every thing the government does.

Tons of stuff is still hidden.

Of course not everything is ever known... it can't be. Some things must be kept quiet.

But compared to every other administration, those tweets make this the most transparent administration in memory.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What if those are not experimental. That they are known to work but we the people are being lied to about that?

Because yes, it is crazy that they would give the potus anything experimental....unless he was at deaths door.

If that was the case, why would they even tell anybody ? 😎

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Obviously I mean the facts you mentioned in your post.

All of them?

So you don't believe Donald Trump was transported to Walter Reed Medical Center? OK, thanks for playing.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

But compared to every other administration, those tweets make this the most transparent administration in memory.

Agreed.

But that does not guarantee that we will be told the truth about this any time soon.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If that was the case, why would they even tell anybody ? 😎

maybe trump had a medical emergency and there were so many people around that they knew it would be leaked.
For all we know trump could have fainted just before we saw him talking to the media and walking to the copter.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm getting a bad feeling from all this as well. You have put together very well what has been floating around in my mind just below the surface, thanks.

This part is what perked my ears up . . .

Out of the blue comes a new therapy: Regeneron. He gets that, along with the normal cocktail of antiviral drugs and supplements.

That right there. Could that have been developed before this even became a pandemic? Is this the treatment for the leaders and higher government officials when it would eventually be released on purpose as a weapon? It gets the conspiracy gears rolling to be sure.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join