It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being paranoid? Is this right?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wasn't able to find anything that said REGN-COV2 was in stage IV... have you got a link for that info?

That would make me lean a little more heavily toward the idea that it was Trump's idea to try it... a White House physician would be much more likely to go along with the idea if that were the case.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Well written response. I sure don't hope it but the de-escalation the dems do right now feels like a ruse. It looks like a full 180 to what they have done before:

no reasoning, partisan fights, pulling every lever they can, even those that never been used...now this. They can't be serious waging this war since June, canceling Police, enabling riots and now expect the American people to believe they are reasonable and serious?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The fact that they are not giving it to the potus should be your first clue that it does not work the way you are being told.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The general "official" thinking at present seems to favor Remdesivir over hydroxychloroquine

Which is ridiculous considering there's much more evidence behind hydroxychloroquine.

Remdesivir is one of those almost failed drugs as well... it was developed in 2009 for use against hepatitis, but failed to do anything to hepatitis. Then it was tried against ebola and proved to have some antiviral properties.

One of the articles I came across claims it was unsuccessful at treating Ebola.

Previously tried as a treatment for Ebola without success, researchers began looking at the drug for SARS-CoV-2 because it had shown promise in the lab for treating SARS and MERS.

Early trials of the drug in China indicated it was ineffective but were deemed inconclusive with researchers concluding their findings would require confirmation from larger studies.

In May, the FDA approved emergency use of remdesivir to treat COVID-19 after preliminary results from the large randomised controlled trial in the US showed patients recovered four days faster with the drug than with a placebo.

The data also suggested a possible survival benefit.

Other more recent studies have shown mixed results.

Donald Trump has now been given at least two experimental COVID-19 treatments. Here's what we know about them

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Huh ... I'm not seeing it now either. Maybe I heard it on the news in passing yesterday in which case, the reporter could have gotten it wrong. I was sure I'd heard that though ... or read it.

There is plenty of trial info on it, and it is in Phase 3 for sure and has been since July.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Fauci has financial stake in the company behind Remdesivir.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Thank you; that was the information I wanted. I was able to actually sleep some last night, so I am playing catch-up here.

I have been excited about the antibody treatments since I first heard of them. The idea of using the exact same method which has been responsible for fighting off every viral disease since man stood upright is just inherently logical for me. I also, as I stated in the OP, could not find anything major that would indicate extreme partisanship from Regeneron... just the son of one of the founders that ran for public office.

But not realizing that REGN-COV2 was in Stage IV threw me for a loop.

I'm leaning now toward this being Trump's idea as I outlined earlier. There is a presser with Trump's physician in less than an hour, so maybe that will help ease my mind as well. I'll be listening intently, that's for sure. Now, if Trump will tweet something politically charged and Melania can be spotted doing fine, maybe we can put my worrywart theory to bed.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

what was it like in the past when a president had a flu? did he have to go to hospital?

In the past a potus illness was usually hidden from the public. Which makes me wonder about this.
I feel like the only reason we know that trump even has covid is because it is bad enough that they couldn't hide it.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

In the past most POTUS illnesses weren't connected to global pandemics either.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Which is ridiculous considering there's much more evidence behind hydroxychloroquine.

Oh, I agree! Of course, I have seen at least one study that suggested the hydroxychloroquine was a minor player in the treatment cocktail. It's been a while, but I will try to look that study up later on when my fingers get the feeling back.

In any event, I tend to immediately discount any report that tries to claim hydroxychloroquine is somehow deadly. It's been around for 75 years! Yes, there can be contra-indicators (like certain heart conditions) but medical science knows what to look for. Remdesivir is much more likely at age 11 to have unknown side effects.

I believe the reason the President stopped taking the hydroxychloroquine was in part due to advancements in treatment options. Before, there was little known about the disease so anything to prevent it, even just a little, was a very good idea. Now, with more advanced treatment options, one can weigh the risks much easier.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well, the info you gave earlier seemed to suggest that even if it was still in Phase III, it was well into Phase III. That's almost as good as Phase IV actually, assuming good results.

Regeneron has a right purty website, but it doesn't seem to be very long on needed details.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: oloufo

what was it like in the past when a president had a flu? did he have to go to hospital?

In the past a potus illness was usually hidden from the public. Which makes me wonder about this.
I feel like the only reason we know that trump even has covid is because it is bad enough that they couldn't hide it.

In the footage of him de-boarding Marine1 yesterday, and the recorded video message he made, I didn't see much cause for concern. He was (at least as of yesterday) able to move about on his own, and didn't exhibit much signs of illness (sniffling, hoarse voice) in his video message.

Doesn't seem that distressed, at least thus far.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

My understanding is that the HCQ is a vehicle to get zinc into your cells, and it's the zinc that inhibits viral replication. So long as you have the means to get zinc into your body's cells, then it doesn't necessarily matter as much what you use to accomplish that.

That was how the therapy has been explained by medical doctors I've seen who understand it.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Lots of very convenient coincidences lining up quite nicely for the Dems...

Splitting them up seems weird to me as well. You'd think they would receive identical treatments and cautions...

Anyway..from the outside this seems WAY too convenient and no matter what's happens will now throw a fluster cluck into his campaign and possibly re-election...again...convenient..eh?

Him not Tweeting more than that one Tweet is fishy too...I would have expected him to be more verbose about his situation and reassuring the people...the “I think” in that Tweet immediately made me suspect he didn't write it..

Something creepy goin on....Deep State creepy...

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Trump's administration has also been the most transparent I can remember hearing about. Think about it... those tweets, while sometimes abrasive or premature, are an open window into exactly what the President is thinking. No one has to guess what he's planning, because he says it right there in the open in front of God and everybody!

So why should this be any less transparent?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

A lot of corporate websites are like that. I have the devil's own time navigating the website of my own employer and finding necessary info.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I would not let doctors treat me with those experimental drugs , or my family .

What if he is believing ct's and asked or ordered those treatments even though the docs said he didn't need them?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I caught a few things about his gait which told me he was pretty fatigued. I know what to look for in that department, because I have extreme fatigue. He was forcing his body to put on a show of strength.

Of course, the fact that he was able to do that is in itself a good thing.

He didn't even look at reporters, though, which is totally out of character for him. Instead of waving as he walked by, he seemed to wave them off.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

My understanding is that the HCQ is a vehicle to get zinc into your cells, and it's the zinc that inhibits viral replication. So long as you have the means to get zinc into your body's cells, then it doesn't necessarily matter as much what you use to accomplish that.

We have identical understanding. Zinc seems to be a natural antiviral.

I actually added zinc to my regiment. I saw a bottle of supplements for $4 that would last 6 months in Walmart, so why not? Can't hurt; might help. My doc is still confused as to why I am taking it. I keep trying to explain that while I am in no way skeered of the evil China-virus boogeyman, neither am I naive enough to think it doesn't exist and can't become serious. Simple, cheap precaution just in case, ad it's probably a lot more effective than a damn face mask.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Something strange happening.

Too many coincidences at just the right times.

The events that are ready to happen in the coming weeks will be historical and nobody will believe it until it's too late.

Be aware.

Be very aware and get prepared 🥶

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join